Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hooks Rams OFFICIAL thread

1235»

Comments

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2015

Bob_C said:

I always laugh when thinking back on that Super Bowl 40 season at how crappy the league was that year. The NFC playoff qb's that year were Hasselbeck, Delhomme, Grossman, Chris Simms, Brunell and 2nd year Eli Manning. Pittsburgh as a #6 seed beat Kitna (after Palmer injured in 1st quarter) Peyton Manning and Jake Plummer to get to the Super Bowl and we're basically a unanimous favorite against Seattle as the #1 seed.

A lot of it is who's hot at the right time. Both years the Giants won the SB with Manning, they weren't best team on the field in at least two of those playoff games, but they were clicking at the right time. Same thing with Pittsburgh in 2005. The NFL still has the best post-season of the BIG 4 sports despite that flaw. Heck, I don't even think it's a flaw. I think all sports should adopt the one and done method in the post-season, or at least shorten their series.
    A 5 game series in baseball is the equivalent of a one and done in football
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

It was a shit game all around, but a lot of it was kind of fluky. Seahawks had a fumble returned for 6, the Rams recovered two fumbles on a TD drive. We don't deal in hypotheticals, but that's probably never happening again, at least to that extent.

The Seahawks really need Lynch. Healthy or not, he will be better than all the RB's now.

Do you trust Marshawn to come back and be the player he's been when essentially he hasn't played (or been massively ineffective) the whole year?

Hawks haven't beat a team all year that is equal or better than them from a physicality stand point (although they have been in all the games with them as well). Do you think they can beat Arizona and Carolina on the road in the playoffs in back to back weeks?

I just don't see it unless Wilson plays like he did the last 4 weeks and that isn't happening if Arizona and Carolina can get even 70% of the pressure they got on him during the regular season.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    dnc said:

Bob_C said:

I always laugh when thinking back on that Super Bowl 40 season at how crappy the league was that year. The NFC playoff qb's that year were Hasselbeck, Delhomme, Grossman, Chris Simms, Brunell and 2nd year Eli Manning. Pittsburgh as a #6 seed beat Kitna (after Palmer injured in 1st quarter) Peyton Manning and Jake Plummer to get to the Super Bowl and we're basically a unanimous favorite against Seattle as the #1 seed.

A lot of it is who's hot at the right time. Both years the Giants won the SB with Manning, they weren't best team on the field in at least two of those playoff games, but they were clicking at the right time. Same thing with Pittsburgh in 2005. The NFL still has the best post-season of the BIG 4 sports despite that flaw. Heck, I don't even think it's a flaw. I think all sports should adopt the one and done method in the post-season, or at least shorten their series.
    Upvoted until the last sentence. One and done is definitely most entertaining, but doesn't give the best champion. In a sport like football where there are so few regular season games it makes sense. It wouldn't make sense in other sports.

I agree which is why baseball needs to be shortened by about 40 games, and basketball about 20.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

dnc said:

Bob_C said:

Upvoted until the last sentence. One and done is definitely most entertaining, but doesn't give the best champion. In a sport like football where there are so few regular season games it makes sense. It wouldn't make sense in other sports.

I agree which is why baseball needs to be shortened by about 40 games, and basketball about 20.
    Fuck off. I'm not going to get into some condescending tequilla length lecture on why baseball is great but 40 games? Seriously?
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    dhdawg said:

dnc said:

Bob_C said:

Fuck off. I'm not going to get into some condescending tequilla length lecture on why baseball is great but 40 games? Seriously?
    You're right. Baseball should be shortened by 80 games. The season is too fucking long and the sport is beyond boring.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Baseball lovers are feeling butthurt. Good... Good... ;) <----------