Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bargain couch season is quickly approaching

Sounds like we are hoping to take a few more guys this year and next year UW has room for like 11 commits. Who can we get to put their furniture up on craigslist so we can bring in more of those teen boys and their stars?

To me, these guys are the most likely:
Lundquist or Carta
Derpin Turpin
Connor O'Brien
Deontae Cooper
Brandon Lewis (too many cb's and he's at the bottom of the pile)
Psalm (probably wishful thinking)
Crane (rumor is he'll medically retire)

Who else?

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Dwayne Washington.... Judging by his social medias I think he may already be off the team.

Not seeing anything one way or other myself, but in general it feels that way.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,913
    Standard Supporter
    I'm also thinking Constantine is gone because BBK will supplant him as Azeem's backup.

Also, on second thought, Cooper stays but Lavon Coleman leaves (he's useless). That other small RB might leave too if McGrew is an instant upgrade.
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,993
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Dwayne Washington.... Judging by his social medias I think he may already be off the team.

ALLAHU Akbar
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,930
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Sounds like we are hoping to take a few more guys this year and next year UW has room for like 11 commits. Who can we get to put their furniture up on craigslist so we can bring in more of those teen boys and their stars?

To me, these guys are the most likely:
    Lundquist or Carta
    Derpin Turpin
    Connor O'Brien
    Deontae Cooper
    Brandon Lewis (too many cb's and he's at the bottom of the pile)
    Psalm (probably wishful thinking)
    Crane (rumor is he'll medically retire)

Who else?

Cooper is likely the #2 RB and I don't see him seeing a couch.

Lumpquist is probably happy at UW even if he's the back up.

Crane and Turpin have done nothing since arriving and are the most likely furniture salesmen on the list. I'd love to say good-bye to Wutang.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,547
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LOL at "KingBeaver"

And D Warsh is free to go. The guy sucks for how big and athletic he is. Pad level too high, can't read a hole, etc.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,186

Didn't he have a kid right before season started?
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,991
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    If beaver is injured and not there that points to him not being around. Joyner had an acl tear and is still with the team.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Dwayne Washington would be smart to leave. He should go to a Big Sky school where his speed will be too much for the opponents.

A 1500 yard season in the Big Sky will attract more scouts than a 300 yard season at UW would. We all know he will test very well at his pro day.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

I'm also thinking Constantine is gone because BBK will supplant him as Azeem's backup.

Also, on second thought, Cooper stays but Lavon Coleman leaves (he's useless). That other small RB might leave too if McGrew is an instant upgrade.

Coleman got more carries the last few games. I dont think he's done.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    You hear something on Mathis?
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Sadly, yes.
  • Options
    tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996

Sadly, yes.
    Ugh. That sucks.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Why the fuck would Mathis leave when he has one year left? He has 7.5 tfl's in his last 13 games. Its a shame he didn't redshirt.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Sadly, yes.
    You hearing that Tosh was like a father figure to those guys, and that Sark could relate to kids with an edge?
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    I'm hearing that they tried him at BUCK to satisfy his want to play standing up and it didn't work. After that, they wanted him to bulk up but he didn't and played DE at 250, which obviously doesn't work and didn't work this year.

Apparently, he's got people in his ear telling him he needs to go to a place where they use him correctly and let him play in space, rush the passer and 'make plays with his talent.'

I don't know this part, but my guess is he wants to play a 'BUCK-like' position and show off for the NFL; he probably thinks he can do that better somewhere else (Montana State, etc.).

I think it's fucking stupid, but a lot of these kids believe shit like this (it was depressing covering the team closely because almost everyone is a fucking ego-manic moron).

Why the fuck else would DWarsh leave? They all think they should be first rounders - until they realize they suck (Turpin), then they just hang on for dear life.