Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Profiles in Courage: Seattle Times Opinion Piece on Gun Control

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,866
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    priapism said:

dhdawg said:

PurpleJ said:

dhdawg said:

And they're right. There is literally no point in civilians having high capacity magazines. They serve no purpose

We should be able to own any gun we want to. Full auto. Infrared. High capacity. Fuck off.
    I you want a handgun to protect yourself fine, I'm a believer in the constitution and respect the 2nd amendment. When was the last time a high capacity magazine was used in any way other than to commit mass murder? (excluding shooting contests, at ranges, etc.)
    You forgot to say something about protecting the children as to why we constantly need less rights.

The only thing that stops a dictator from seizing power in this country, or some asshole official/cop from going way too far, is the the 2nd Amendment. I'll take thousands of dead every year in gang and domestic violence, over millions to billions dead in inevitable purges, because the balance in power between citizens/military is annihilated.
    Does that really seem likely? This is still a relatively stable country.
  • Options
    WeAreAFatLesboSchoolWeAreAFatLesboSchool Guest Posts: 736
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2015

Maybe you're right, maybe I'm right. I like you man (75k), but why does it matter if you die by the federal gun while holding a fully auto rifle versus holding a shotgun. Unless you have a nuke you're pretty much fucked.

Better to accumulate enough capital to get the government on your side. It's the usual method after all.

The Viet Cong, ISIS, Al Queda and Afghanistan are having big belly laughs in their media rooms.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Maybe you're right, maybe I'm right. I like you man (75k), but why does it matter if you die by the federal gun while holding a fully auto rifle versus holding a shotgun. Unless you have a nuke you're pretty much fucked.

Better to accumulate enough capital to get the government on your side. It's the usual method after all.

The Viet Cong, ISIS, Al Queda and Afghanistan are having big belly laughs in their media rooms.
    Force projection is always more difficult on the other side of the world.
  • Options

Force projection is always more difficult on the other side of the world.
    I was responding to the comment about being fucked unless the combatent has a nuke. Clearly not the case
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    And there's the difference between existential and non-existential threats.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    So how many of you fucks, pimpin the NRA, actually own a fully automatic assault weapon with high capacity magazines.

I doubt any one of you do. But please do carry on.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    priapism said:

dhdawg said:

PurpleJ said:

dhdawg said:

And they're right. There is literally no point in civilians having high capacity magazines. They serve no purpose

We should be able to own any gun we want to. Full auto. Infrared. High capacity. Fuck off.
    I you want a handgun to protect yourself fine, I'm a believer in the constitution and respect the 2nd amendment. When was the last time a high capacity magazine was used in any way other than to commit mass murder? (excluding shooting contests, at ranges, etc.)
    You forgot to say something about protecting the children as to why we constantly need less rights.

The only thing that stops a dictator from seizing power in this country, or some asshole official/cop from going way too far, is the the 2nd Amendment. I'll take thousands of dead every year in gang and domestic violence, over millions to billions dead in inevitable purges, because the balance in power between citizens/military is annihilated.
    If the government wants to take control of the country by force, some assault rifles and high capacity mags won't do much against tanks and planes.

I totally respect the 2nd amendment, but to cling to guns as a method of limiting control of the government is FS.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Fuck off. Everybody know why CAIR wants to seize guns.
  • Options

Fuck off. Everybody know why CAIR wants to seize guns.

To put your mom in her place?
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    You tell us. It's your religion, your campaign.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,547
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tactical, assault style, etc let's be honest, they just want to ban black weapons because they're scary looking.

Such amazing amounts of inadvertent profiling and racism.

Always about the Black Ops with you...
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,120
    Founders Club
    Everything I know about guns I learned from Michael Bay movies, I'm libtard FS like that.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Tactical, assault style, etc let's be honest, they just want to ban black weapons because they're scary looking.

Such amazing amounts of inadvertent profiling and racism.

MHP? True?????
  • Options

priapism said:

dhdawg said:

PurpleJ said:

dhdawg said:

Seems unlikely now, but in 50-100 years I wouldn't rule it out
  • Options
    Founders Club
    #BlackGunsMatter
  • Options

priapism said:

dhdawg said:

PurpleJ said:

dhdawg said:

Seems unlikely now, but in 50-100 years I wouldn't rule it out
    Just like the ban on fully automatic weapons in 1934? Or what about the Brady bill in 1994 that was rolled back in 2004? All slippery slopes to gun confiscation.

Or how about the confiscation of 600k assault rifles in Australia in 1996?

Oh wait.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    What do you have against matte black guns?