Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Profiles in Courage: Seattle Times Opinion Piece on Gun Control

PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,547
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
edited December 2015 in Tug Tavern
seattletimes.com/opinion/editorials/its-time-to-ban-assault-style-weapons-high-capacity-magazines/
Does it still count as an opinion when it's the regurgitated ramblings of every mouth breathing libtard fuck? Nuke this fucking city already.

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    FTGs.

I only read the headline.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So your FOR murder and violence?
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    And they're right. There is literally no point in civilians having high capacity magazines. They serve no purpose
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    PurpleJ said:

dhdawg said:

And they're right. There is literally no point in civilians having high capacity magazines. They serve no purpose

We should be able to own any gun we want to. Full auto. Infrared. High capacity. Fuck off.
    This isn't fucking Nam, there are consequences to allowing people to be armed like fucking Rambo.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Maybe you're right, maybe I'm right. I like you man (75k), but why does it matter if you die by the federal gun while holding a fully auto rifle versus holding a shotgun. Unless you have a nuke you're pretty much fucked.

Better to accumulate enough capital to get the government on your side. It's the usual method after all.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    PurpleJ said:

dhdawg said:

We should be able to own any gun we want to. Full auto. Infrared. High capacity. Fuck off.
    I you want a handgun to protect yourself fine, I'm a believer in the constitution and respect the 2nd amendment. When was the last time a high capacity magazine was used in any way other than to commit mass murder? (excluding shooting contests, at ranges, etc.)
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dhdawg said:

PurpleJ said:

dhdawg said:

I you want a handgun to protect yourself fine, I'm a believer in the constitution and respect the 2nd amendment. When was the last time a high capacity magazine was used in any way other than to commit mass murder? (excluding shooting contests, at ranges, etc.)
    Don't be so quick to dismiss all legal use of full capacity magazines as an "etc.". You're putting the 0.001% case a head of the 99.999% of the rest of the time.
  • Options

dhdawg said:

PurpleJ said:

dhdawg said:

Don't be so quick to dismiss all legal use of full capacity magazines as an "etc.". You're putting the 0.001% case a head of the 99.999% of the rest of the time.
    And what % of that legal purpose can you not get from a handgun?
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    dhdawg said:

PurpleJ said:

dhdawg said:

You forgot to say something about protecting the children as to why we constantly need less rights.

The only thing that stops a dictator from seizing power in this country, or some asshole official/cop from going way too far, is the the 2nd Amendment. I'll take thousands of dead every year in gang and domestic violence, over millions to billions dead in inevitable purges, because the balance in power between citizens/military is annihilated.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    @dhdawg

Most murders are committed by handgun, to refute your point. Banning "assault style" weapons that are semi auto with 30 round clips will solve nothing (they are simply bigger pistols that hold a few more rounds - most pistols hold around 17).
    bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/GUIC.PDF

But that isn't the point anyways. We should be able to own any gun we want to protect ourselves from a tyrannical government or foreign invader, if and when that day comes again. It has nothing to do with legislating safety.

And some food for thought, most illegal weapons tend to come from nations like Russia where guns have been made very hard to come by. The black market would simply take care of any demand deemed illegal by gun control laws.
  • Options
    People are going to have a much tougher time shooting up a church with handguns than with high capacity magazines.
    If you want to make the tyrannical government argument I can see that and accept it as a difference in opinion, I just don't see how that can happen in a country so big and with so much individual wealth
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dhdawg said:

People are going to have a much tougher time shooting up a church with handguns than with high capacity magazines.
    If you want to make the tyrannical government argument I can see that and accept it as a difference in opinion, I just don't see how that can happen in a country so big and with so much individual wealth

Hitler and I shared a good laugh over this post. George Washington had a laugh, too.
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

dhdawg said:

Hitler and I shared a good laugh over this post. George Washington had a laugh, too.
    Different eras. It's always possible though. Just a difference in opinion
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    priapism said:

The only thing that stops a dictator from seizing power in this country, or some asshole official/cop from going way too far, is the the 2nd Amendment. I'll take thousands of dead every year in gang and domestic violence, over millions to billions dead in inevitable purges, because the balance in power between citizens/military is annihilated.

Yeah because rednecks with no formal training are a huge threat to the strongest military on the planet.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,066
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

priapism said:

Yeah because rednecks with no formal training are a huge threat to the strongest military on the planet.
    I think you might be surprised at how many members of the military would flatly refuse to do active battle with US citizens. The military respects the constitution and citizens more than the jack booted thugs in police ninja suits do.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

priapism said:

Many of those rednecks make up the military.