Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

#OurDaniels

Options

Comments

• bananasnblondes
    bananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,948 Standard Supporter
    Options
    That's cool, but slightly ridiculous. Daniels was the 2nd string TE and caught about 1 pass a game. How is Duarte from UCLA or one of the Stanford guys not the top TE?
  • AEB
    AEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,962 Founders Club
    Options

That's cool, but slightly ridiculous. Daniels was the 2nd string TE and caught about 1 pass a game. How is Duarte from UCLA or one of the Stanford guys not the top TE?

PFF is grading for the pro game. Measurables > Production
  • dnc
    dnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Options

String?

ISAFNRC!
  • Dennis_DeYoung
    Dennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Options

So, what you're saying is you can't figure out how the ratings work?
  • H_D
    H_D Member Posts: 6,098
    Options
    I had no idea he was so cerebral.
  • KnocksvilleE
    KnocksvilleE Member Posts: 75
    Options
    Excited to see what he can do next year.
  • DugtheDoog
    DugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    Options

SRS has Daniels on the Pac-12's All Century team.

Where does SRS+ have him?
  • ThomasFremont
    ThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Options
  • bananasnblondes
    bananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,948 Standard Supporter
    edited December 2015
    Options

No, I'm saying it's bullshit.

Almost everybody else on this list is a big name all-conference player, then you have Darell Daniels. According to their metric, he caught a higher % of the balls thrown to him than other TEs. That's a meaningless statistic if there's only one play a game drawn up for you. Shit, Corey Fuvai probably gave up less sacks than Josh Garnett this year. Put his suddenly-seniored ass on the list.

That being said, Daniels is awesome and I think he'll produce a ton NEXT YEAR
  • Dennis_DeYoung
    Options

No, I'm saying it's bullshit.

Almost everybody else on this list is a big name all-conference player, then you have Darell Daniels. According to their metric, he caught a higher % of the balls thrown to him than other TEs. That's a meaningless statistic if there's only one play a game drawn up for you. Shit, Corey Fuvai probably gave up less sacks than Josh Garnett this year. Put his suddenly-seniored ass on the list.

That being said, Daniels is awesome and I think he'll produce a ton NEXT YEAR
    What a brave poast.
  • Tequilla
    Tequilla Member Posts: 19,821
    Options
    This thread would be better served pointing out how Pease was a shitty position coach, Paopao hasn't done a thing to make anybody believe that he's a good coach, and Smith not being smart enough to figure out a way to get one of his better offensive players into the game more.
  • HFNY
    HFNY Member Posts: 4,543 Standard Supporter
    Options
    It was stupid for the previous coaching staff to play him in 2013. Unless they promised him he'd play as a true frosh, why didn't they redshirt him?

Anyway, I'll courageously say Smith HAS to get more creative in getting the ball to Daniels. He doesn't have the hands to be a WR but I love how some other teams use their TEs...Stanford ran a shovel pass to the left with the TE on the right side of LOS, dipping down and inside to take the shovel and get upfield. Think it was a gain of nearly 10 yards.

Ideally he improves as a blocker so there's less reason to take him off the field.
  • NeGgaPlEaSe
    NeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Options
    S
    HFNY said:

It was stupid for the previous coaching staff to play him in 2013. Unless they promised him he'd play as a true frosh, why didn't they redshirt him?

Anyway, I'll courageously say Smith HAS to get more creative in getting the ball to Daniels. He doesn't have the hands to be a WR but I love how some other teams use their TEs...Stanford ran a shovel pass to the left with the TE on the right side of LOS, dipping down and inside to take the shovel and get upfield. Think it was a gain of nearly 10 yards.

Ideally he improves as a blocker so there's less reason to take him off the field.

No offense but I call bullshit!

How the fuck doesn't he have the hands to catch the ball across the middle, quick outs and slants??? Are his hands any worse than Marvin Hall?
  • AEB
    AEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,962 Founders Club
    Options
    Tequilla said:

This thread would be better served pointing out how Pease was a shitty position coach, Paopao hasn't done a thing to make anybody believe that he's a good coach, and Smith not being smart enough to figure out a way to get one of his better offensive players into the game more.

I don't agree with this. I think the TEs have shown in '15. Lack of production is pinned on Polishgrandma. Perkins had a solid year. DD is developing (better in pass game than blocking). Sample had a strong rFR year and is a strong blocker. Ajamu was developing before the injury. Not saying he's indispensible, but Poopoo isn't dreck either.
  • Dennis_DeYoung
    Options
    AEB said:

Tequilla said:

I don't agree with this. I think the TEs have shown in '15. Lack of production is pinned on Polishgrandma. Perkins had a solid year. DD is developing (better in pass game than blocking). Sample had a strong rFR year and is a strong blocker. Ajamu was developing before the injury. Not saying he's indispensible, but Poopoo isn't dreck either.
    Our TEs were average and what the fuck has he done in recruiting? Who gives a shit who coaches tight tends?

He's only on staff because we needed a Poly guy (sadly the state of things); what has he done? Dick.