Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

#OurDaniels

Options
2»

Comments

• AEB
    AEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,962 Founders Club
    Options

AEB said:

Tequilla said:

This thread would be better served pointing out how Pease was a shitty position coach, Paopao hasn't done a thing to make anybody believe that he's a good coach, and Smith not being smart enough to figure out a way to get one of his better offensive players into the game more.

I don't agree with this. I think the TEs have shown in '15. Lack of production is pinned on Polishgrandma. Perkins had a solid year. DD is developing (better in pass game than blocking). Sample had a strong rFR year and is a strong blocker. Ajamu was developing before the injury. Not saying he's indispensible, but Poopoo isn't dreck either.
    Our TEs were average and what the fuck has he done in recruiting? Who gives a shit who coaches tight tends?

He's only on staff because we needed a Poly guy (sadly the state of things); what has he done? Dick.
    His position group improved. Is he indispensible? No. Fire him if you want. My point is his coaching was more than adequate in rebuttal to Tequila's comment. The problems on O are at OC and Pease. Look at WR in contrast to TE for a measure in position coach competentcy. If Poopoo stays for 3 more years, he'll have 3 players in the League.

The lack of production at TE is not on him. At the start of the year, I wanted to see a lot of double tight and a lot of catches from the position because FR QB. They didn't utilize the TEs enough and that's on Smith. None of these O guys are indespenible with maybe the exception of Strausser.
  • Dennis_DeYoung
    Dennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Options
    AEB said:

AEB said:

Tequilla said:

This thread would be better served pointing out how Pease was a shitty position coach, Paopao hasn't done a thing to make anybody believe that he's a good coach, and Smith not being smart enough to figure out a way to get one of his better offensive players into the game more.

I don't agree with this. I think the TEs have shown in '15. Lack of production is pinned on Polishgrandma. Perkins had a solid year. DD is developing (better in pass game than blocking). Sample had a strong rFR year and is a strong blocker. Ajamu was developing before the injury. Not saying he's indispensible, but Poopoo isn't dreck either.
    Our TEs were average and what the fuck has he done in recruiting? Who gives a shit who coaches tight tends?

He's only on staff because we needed a Poly guy (sadly the state of things); what has he done? Dick.
    His position group improved. Is he indispensible? No. Fire him if you want. My point is his coaching was more than adequate in rebuttal to Tequila's comment. The problems on O are at OC and Pease. Look at WR in contrast to TE for a measure in position coach competentcy. If Poopoo stays for 3 more years, he'll have 3 players in the League.

The lack of production at TE is not on him. At the start of the year, I wanted to see a lot of double tight and a lot of catches from the position because FR QB. They didn't utilize the TEs enough and that's on Smith. None of these O guys are indespenible with maybe the exception of Strausser.
    This is why everyone thinks everyone on the internet is a fucking dickwad. Fucking prove it!

How the fuck do you know?

He must be a good coach, right? I'm sure he's great! I'm sure he's worthy of re-employment. I don't have any evidence of that; I'm going to say he's not a material part of the failure of the offense without any evidence, that should be fine...

I just assume he is good because why wouldn't he be?!?!

FUCK THE FUCK OFF.

All coaches are guilty until proven innocent and if not, you're a fucking doog.
  • Swaye
    Swaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,147 Founders Club
    Options
    This thread is now about cocaine.
  • AEB
    AEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,962 Founders Club
    Options

AEB said:

AEB said:

Tequilla said:

This is why everyone thinks everyone on the internet is a fucking dickwad. Fucking prove it!

He must be a good coach, right? I'm sure he's great! I'm sure he's worthy of re-employment. I don't have any evidence of that; I'm going to say he's not a material part of the failure of the offense without any evidence, that should be fine...

FUCK THE FUCK OFF.

Fuck you, and stop snorting baking soda.
  • FremontTroll
    FremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    Options
    Jesus Christ he is a TE coach. Least important staff position. Ideally we would just stash an elite recruiter there.

TEs learn blocking and schemes with the OL. Passing routes and schemes with the WR.

I don't have any idea if Powpow is a good coach or recruiter based on how the TEs play but if he was a good coach we would be moving him up to WR coach and giving him more titles or he would be leaving for a step up the ladder elsewhere. Hasn't happened. We also haven't heard much about him as a recruiter.

Personally I doubt he is a great salesman based just on the way he presents himself physically at the in homes. Wear clothes that fit you damnit!
  • Houhusky
    Houhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    Options
    Swaye said:

This thread is now about cocaine.

• Kaepsknee
    Kaepsknee Member Posts: 14,757
    Options

That's cool, but slightly ridiculous. Daniels was the 2nd string TE and caught about 1 pass a game. How is Duarte from UCLA or one of the Stanford guys not the top TE?

Because it's a shit site with a shit tweet.

Didn't take Doogs long to lop it up like gravy though.

Fuckin Doogs.
  • FremontTroll
    FremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    Options
    salemcoog said:

That's cool, but slightly ridiculous. Daniels was the 2nd string TE and caught about 1 pass a game. How is Duarte from UCLA or one of the Stanford guys not the top TE?

Because it's a shit site with a shit tweet.

Didn't take Doogs long to lop it up like gravy though.

Fuckin Doogs.
    It's gotta be hard to get the cereal off the top shelf when you're 4'10" but I commend you for trying.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsi
    CokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    Options
    AEB said:

AEB said:

AEB said:

Tequilla said:

FUCK THE FUCK OFF.

Fuck you, and stop snorting baking soda.
    Baking soda I got baking soda.