Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Today's SEC corruption...

13»

Comments

• puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133

The match ups are fine, but if SOS actually mattered and wasn't some complicated formula that overrated SEC games, Sparty would be #1. Four wins over top 10-15 teams. Beat Michigan and Ohio State on the road.

Agree bout Sparta. They earned it. Bama hasnt beaten 1 fucking top 20 team.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    edited December 2015
    HuskyInAZ said:

The playoff is fucking stupid.

This is not, in any sense, an improvement over any other system.

If Clemson loses a close game, they will have a super high quality loss (something that none of these other teams have) and the same record as the winner.

If they lose in the title game, they'll have more quality wins.

You can't have 110 teams, 5 leagues, varying schedules and accurately find the 'best' team.

This is the reason I've always been against a 'playoff' because it solves nothing.

The beauty of college football was always that every game mattered. Now, you can lose to a Shit team in October and so long as the committee thinks you're good, it doesn't matter.

If you move to 4 conferences with 16 teams, championship games, normal bowl tie ins and then a final game, at least that makes sense.

This system is just as dumb as the BCS (probably worse) and definitely worse than the voting system.

Best poast I've read on this cluster fuck situation. The answer is either ...

1. 4 conferences, 16 teams, conf champ game (quarterfinal), winners advance.
    2. Scrap it all and go back to traditional bowl system.
    I still advocate for the ACC, B1G, B-12, P-12 and SEC champions + 3 at large bids.
    The 4 best conference champions get home quarterfinal games.
    #1 Clemson vs whoever they chose for #8 (probably FSU or Okie state)
    #2 Alabama vs #7 Iowa
    #3 Michigan State vs #6 Ohio State
    #4 Oklahoma vs #5 Stanford
    I'd include a rule that a 3 loss team may not get an automatic bid, if say USC had won the pac-12 title the bid goes to a 4th at large. The problem with that rule is no one would schedule anyone in non-conference

The match ups are fine, but if SOS actually mattered and wasn't some complicated formula that overrated SEC games, Sparty would be #1. Four wins over top 10-15 teams. Beat Michigan and Ohio State on the road.

And what other 1 loss teams did that didn't get in, Ohio state played a shit schedule and Iowa's was even worse
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    dhdawg said:

HuskyInAZ said:

The playoff is fucking stupid.

This is not, in any sense, an improvement over any other system.

If Clemson loses a close game, they will have a super high quality loss (something that none of these other teams have) and the same record as the winner.

If they lose in the title game, they'll have more quality wins.

You can't have 110 teams, 5 leagues, varying schedules and accurately find the 'best' team.

This is the reason I've always been against a 'playoff' because it solves nothing.

The beauty of college football was always that every game mattered. Now, you can lose to a Shit team in October and so long as the committee thinks you're good, it doesn't matter.

If you move to 4 conferences with 16 teams, championship games, normal bowl tie ins and then a final game, at least that makes sense.

This system is just as dumb as the BCS (probably worse) and definitely worse than the voting system.

Best poast I've read on this cluster fuck situation. The answer is either ...

1. 4 conferences, 16 teams, conf champ game (quarterfinal), winners advance.
    2. Scrap it all and go back to traditional bowl system.
    I still advocate for the ACC, B1G, B-12, P-12 and SEC champions + 3 at large bids.
    The 4 best conference champions get home quarterfinal games.
    #1 Clemson vs whoever they chose for #8 (probably FSU or Okie state)
    #2 Alabama vs #7 Iowa
    #3 Michigan State vs #6 Ohio State
    #4 Oklahoma vs #5 Stanford
    I'd include a rule that a 3 loss team may not get an automatic bid, if say USC had won the pac-12 title the bid goes to a 4th at large. The problem with that rule is no one would schedule anyone in non-conference
    4 conferences ... two 8 team divisions per conference ...

Done.

Original Pac8 ... would be one division.

• puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    edited December 2015
    dhdawg said:

And what other 1 loss teams did that didn't get in, Ohio state played a shit schedule and Iowa's was even worse
    10-2 Stanford.

#2 Bama , committee set a very bad precedent for current playoff. SOS means FUCKALL OF NOTHING for SEC teams. And SOS means fuckall for BIG12 teams who actually have a strong SOS, Same with Stanford.

Stanford is obviously the best team in the country right now., they played the *REAL* Strongest schedule in the country, and didnt get a crack at playoff because Bama went a shakey 11-1 vs the 50th best schedule, at best.

A 6-team playoff better happen soon, because Stanford would skip to title. Instead the best conference in country gets left out, FOR playing toughest schedule in country.

Time for 6-team playoff. No way should a team like Stanford be left out. Theyd manhandle every team in playoff but Sparty. That should be #1-2 in playoff. Its supposed to be the BEST teams as judged by committee, SOS, Conference championship (OK doesnt have a title game), W-L vs ranked teams (BAMa has 1), OOC games (bama beat Charleston Southern in week 11, Stanford beat ND).

Games up SEC, puppy has exposed yass. Well I did 10 years ago, but I cant just stop, its a daily battle.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320

dhdawg said:

10-2 Stanford
    What about "1 loss team" did you not get?

dhdawg said:

10-2 Stanford
    El oh el
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,677 Founders Club

dhdawg said:

10-2 Stanford.

#2 Bama , committee set a very bad precedent for current playoff. SOS means FUCKALL OF NOTHING for SEC teams. And SOS means fuckall for BIG12 teams who actually have a strong SOS, Same with Stanford.

Stanford is obviously the best team in the country right now., they played the *REAL* Strongest schedule in the country, and didnt get a crack at playoff because Bama went a shakey 11-1 vs the 50th best schedule, at best.

A 6-team playoff better happen soon, because Stanford would skip to title. Instead the best conference in country gets left out, FOR playing toughest schedule in country.

Time for 6-team playoff. No way should a team like Stanford be left out. Theyd manhandle every team in playoff but Sparty. That should be #1-2 in playoff. Its supposed to be the BEST teams as judged by committee, SOS, Conference championship (OK doesnt have a title game), W-L vs ranked teams (BAMa has 1), OOC games (bama beat Charleston Southern in week 11, Stanford beat ND).

Games up SEC, puppy has exposed yass. Well I did 10 years ago, but I cant just stop, its a daily battle.
    Such retard, PL_SS

• Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Doogles said:

I like the idea of rewarding the teams that are playing the best by the end of the year. If the playoff was around in the Pete Carroll era, USC would have skull fucked the country for at least 4 titles.

Says fucking who?