Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Today's SEC corruption...

Comments

• HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732

The playoff is fucking stupid.

This is not, in any sense, an improvement over any other system.

If Clemson loses a close game, they will have a super high quality loss (something that none of these other teams have) and the same record as the winner.

If they lose in the title game, they'll have more quality wins.

You can't have 110 teams, 5 leagues, varying schedules and accurately find the 'best' team.

This is the reason I've always been against a 'playoff' because it solves nothing.

The beauty of college football was always that every game mattered. Now, you can lose to a Shit team in October and so long as the committee thinks you're good, it doesn't matter.

If you move to 4 conferences with 16 teams, championship games, normal bowl tie ins and then a final game, at least that makes sense.

This system is just as dumb as the BCS (probably worse) and definitely worse than the voting system.

Best poast I've read on this cluster fuck situation. The answer is either ...

1. 4 conferences, 16 teams, conf champ game (quarterfinal), winners advance.
    2. Scrap it all and go back to traditional bowl system.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

If Iowa wins their bowl game and Oklahoma wins the 'Natty', how the FUCK is Iowa not a co-national champion?

Iowa's ONE FUCKING LOSS came on a neutral field to one of the best teams in CFB in the last fucking seconds of the game. Oklahoma's one loss came to a shit team on a neutral field and they got beasted.

So, games in October don't matter? You're saying that a team should be punished more for losing a cunt-hair close game to fucking fired the fuck up Michigan State at a neutral site than losing to a shit tier Texas team in October?

It's literally the dumbest fucking thing ever.

Everyone who wants a playoff is blinded by the 'settle it on the field' gobbledy gook and is too fucking stupid to think it through.

Iowa left out? Sounds like you want an 8 team playoff.
    I don't want any fucking playoff at all. It's so fucking dumb. Either do 4 16 team conferences or just fucking vote.

It's all a voting system one way or another.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Decide the shit on the field ... but also decide the shit on the field in a manner that is all inclusive of the best teams and forget about trying to decide which 1 or 2 loss team is better than the other.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Ohio lost at home to a team playing with a backup QB

Any argument that they deserve to be in the Final Four is FS ... they had everything in front of them and pissed it away.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    No conf championship games, eight team team playoff.

Clemson
    Bama
    Oklahoma
    Mich St
    Iowa
    Ohio St
    Stanford
    Team X

• whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,717 Swaye's Wigwam

Clemson
    Bama
    Oklahoma
    Mich St
    Iowa
    Ohio St
    Stanford
    Team X

Why "Team X" and not ND?

You know it'd be ND
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320

Clemson
    Bama
    Oklahoma
    Mich St
    Iowa
    Ohio St
    Stanford
    Team X

Why "Team X" and not ND?

You know it'd be ND
    Dude, it's a hypothetical playoff that will never exist. Why not FSU?
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,678 Standard Supporter
    HuskyInAZ said:

If Clemson loses a close game, they will have a super high quality loss (something that none of these other teams have) and the same record as the winner.

You can't have 110 teams, 5 leagues, varying schedules and accurately find the 'best' team.

This is the reason I've always been against a 'playoff' because it solves nothing.

The beauty of college football was always that every game mattered. Now, you can lose to a Shit team in October and so long as the committee thinks you're good, it doesn't matter.

If you move to 4 conferences with 16 teams, championship games, normal bowl tie ins and then a final game, at least that makes sense.

This system is just as dumb as the BCS (probably worse) and definitely worse than the voting system.

Abundance quandry.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    HuskyInAZ said:

#1 would be awesome. It would be even better if it cut out one non conference game. I wish only one non BCS non conference game was allowed.

The match ups are fine, but if SOS actually mattered and wasn't some complicated formula that overrated SEC games, Sparty would be #1. Four wins over top 10-15 teams. Beat Michigan and Ohio State on the road.

*lost to Mike Riley.

Lost to the refs while playing Mike Riley, but sure.
    Natl championship caliber teams don't put themselves in a position to lose to Mike fucking Riley due to refs.

*beat Michigan on pure stupidity by Harbaugh.

*beat Oregon with VAJ and a broken finger.

I like to downplay wins over top 10-15 teams. It's what I like to do. How many top 10-15 teams has Alabama beaten?
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,678 Standard Supporter

The match ups are fine, but if SOS actually mattered and wasn't some complicated formula that overrated SEC games, Sparty would be #1. Four wins over top 10-15 teams. Beat Michigan and Ohio State on the road.

*lost to Mike Riley.

Natl championship caliber teams don't put themselves in a position to lose to Mike fucking Riley due to refs.

I like to downplay wins over top 10-15 teams. It's what I like to do. How many top 10-15 teams has Alabama beaten?
    The Cuogs were in the top 20.

Fags like Jude vote on that shit.

*lost to Mike Riley.

The Cuogs were in the top 20.

Fags like Jude vote on that shit.
    Whatever you want to believe Throbber. Were Ohio State and Iowa bad wins too?
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,019 Founders Club
    I'm hearing they play the games on the field for a reason. That said, I like Bama to win it all.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,580 Swaye's Wigwam

Just crown the winner of the SEC championship game

Good thing they didn't do that last year.
  • RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    The old system would have Alabama vs Clemson in the Sugar Bowl, Oklahoma vs Iowa in the Orang Bowl, Stanford vs MSU in the Rose Bowl and OSU vs ND in the Fiesta Bowl. And if Clemson won, they would be handed a poll title; if Alabama won, then the 1-loss teams would all be arguing. Probably better than the current system, and the conference seasons would be more fun, and New Year's Day would no longer be ruined.

Or you can go to the system I have been advocating for a while: Pac 12 vs Big 10 in Rose Bowl, SEC vs Big 12 in Sugar Bowl, winners in the Jerry Bowl. Champion gets the bonus trophy.

People forget the new system is still not an NCAA playoff. It is just another private group deciding how it wants to make a champion.

Bowls make money, and they all get better ratings than weeknight NBA or NCAA bball games, so they will be sticking around for a while.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    PurpleJ said:

Doesn't really matter who's 2 and who's 3 on a neutral field, does it now PuppyFS? Let them play the games and plug up your cunt. All the deserving teams got in. They all won their respective conferences. So shut the fuck up and let em play dipshit.

Post the schedules bitch. Let puppy expose 'your' hind licking conference and "UA team" for what they are.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    Mad_Son said:

Who even cares about who is 2 or 3? The teams play each other... 1/2 and 3/4 are the real ranks to quibble over if you care to quibble.

Does matter new fish bitch. It keeps Alabama from playing Oklahoma or Clemson, 2 teams who would roll the tide. Committee wants easiest path for Alabama and the SEC. No question bama should be 4 with their schedule and performance vs Florida Atlantic. Of course That couldnt happen. So lets keep bambam at #2 (most unwarranted ranking ive ever seen in my 30 years) and bump Oklahoma (the team most certain to beat bambi) to #4 to protect them.

Rankings make a huge fucking deal 1-4. Alabama has done NOTHING to warrant their cemented-in #2 ranking. The schedules show the blatant corruption at the top
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326

I know winners win and losers lose, but that Michigan win deserves an asterisk.
    They should be #2 but in the end it doesn't matter
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326

Mad_Son said:

Who even cares about who is 2 or 3? The teams play each other... 1/2 and 3/4 are the real ranks to quibble over if you care to quibble.

Does matter new fish bitch. It keeps Alabama from playing Oklahoma or Clemson, 2 teams who would roll the tide. Committee wants easiest path for Alabama and the SEC. No question bama should be 4 with their schedule and performance vs Florida Atlantic. Of course That couldnt happen. So lets keep bambam at #2 (most unwarranted ranking ive ever seen in my 30 years) and bump Oklahoma (the team most certain to beat bambi) to #4 to protect them.

Rankings make a huge fucking deal 1-4. Alabama has done NOTHING to warrant their cemented-in #2 ranking. The schedules show the blatant corruption at the top
    Alabama didn't play Florida Atlantic