Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

My Thoughts whilst away & gaining perspective

Look, I'm not going to advocate for people to be censored (like the d-bags that ruined DM), nor am I going to lecture anybody. I will only say that this website has the opportunity to become a REAL and UNFILTERED alternative to DM. The problem is that a few folks on here insist on turning threads into name-calling and 8th-grade-level cursing contests, or just an opportunity to 'zing' other people. I'll be the first to say that at times I've been guilty of that BS as well. I guess my only suggestion is that some folks should decide if they want this to become the website that ALL OF US have described at one time or another - a place of INTELLIGENT analysis where INTENSE criticism and UNSCRIPTED opinion is welcome - or do we want HH to be just a place of one-liners, biting insults, and contests to tear down others. I realize that it's often both, but I tend to agree with this guy that it tilts a little too much toward the latter. Just a thought. Peace. Now fire away.

Comments

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    whynothaveboth.gif?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Meek said:

whynothaveboth.gif?

the inside jokes are probably the biggest challenge for many who come over here. to DJ's point (I call him DJ... I like to do that), after the Stanford game the board was full of actual football discourse. as the Black Out program that Pool Boy built like a phoenix from a pile of purple and gold ashes flies back up to the altitude of a Duck for the annual clownstomp, then yes people get frustrated and need to remind each other that programs like Oregon can have 3 coaches in 6 years yet be in the national conversation while we seem to need a guy for at least 6 years to be given a chance to develop consistency... oh, and that guy was actually called out by our non-resident big data sage indirectly with reference to coaching probabilities by year 3 (Hi Hugh!)... anyways, this post is now officially TL;DR so I forgot what I was talking about.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Fuck, it's just not funny anymore. It's like revenge of the nerds around here. Goes to show 80% of you guys around here are fucking geeks. Post (oh I'm supposed to say 'poast' hee hee) something refreshing. Mora to the Seattle storm! Hardy har har. Fucking dweeb round here now. That's what happens when you invite too many dawgmen over. Close the fucking gates Derek
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Gladstone said:

I agree.

This site is fantastic, the lack of moderation a breath of fresh air after seeing Dawgman drown and die in it.

That being said, the site is way too circle jerkish/inside jokeish to ever get mainstream IMO. I still don't know what 80% of the references mean. Nor care.

I'm just grateful there are still lots of Husky fans out there who aren't completely off the deep end, so thank allah for this site.
  • Options

Meek said:

whynothaveboth.gif?

the inside jokes are probably the biggest challenge for many who come over here. to DJ's point (I call him DJ... I like to do that), after the Stanford game the board was full of actual football discourse. as the Black Out program that Pool Boy built like a phoenix from a pile of purple and gold ashes flies back up to the altitude of a Duck for the annual clownstomp, then yes people get frustrated and need to remind each other that programs like Oregon can have 3 coaches in 6 years yet be in the national conversation while we seem to need a guy for at least 6 years to be given a chance to develop consistency... oh, and that guy was actually called out by our non-resident big data sage indirectly with reference to coaching probabilities by year 3 (Hi Hugh!)... anyways, this post is now officially TL;DR so I forgot what I was talking about.
    you're not speaking English to a large number of poasters.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Meek said:

Meek said:

whynothaveboth.gif?

any AD who was raising hundreds of millions of dollars to rebuild a "smaller" stadium when the enrollment of the university increases each year and the population of Seattle and the entire world increases is insane. You want a view of the lake? How about make the east end zone a full circle with a large promenade view deck of the lake instead of that high school style end zone.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Thanks for making me think and care.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Thanks for making me think and care.

Why waste 4 years in the desert? Just go hang down there a week out of the year. Spread semen, swim in those big Olympic pools, and get the fuck back up to Seattle with beautiful women who don't bleach their assholes. Its sooo fake down there. EVERY girl down there bleaches head, cunt and ass. When you see an Asian with a blond pussy, something is wrong. Prolly semen bleach jobs.
  • Options

Meek said:

Meek said:

whynothaveboth.gif?

any AD who was raising hundreds of millions of dollars to rebuild a "smaller" stadium when the enrollment of the university increases each year and the population of Seattle and the entire world increases is insane. You want a view of the lake? How about make the east end zone a full circle with a large promenade view deck of the lake instead of that high school style end zone.
    I actually think that every time I see the stadium... firstly, barely anyone inside the stadium can see the fucking lake to begin with...second, if you want a view, create an elevated deck as you mentioned (promenade in your parlance even though that sounds like a gay version of a deck, but either way...interesting), and the full circle end zone actually makes for a more intimidating home field.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Meek said:

Meek said:

Meek said:

whynothaveboth.gif?

I actually think that every time I see the stadium... firstly, barely anyone inside the stadium can see the fucking lake to begin with...second, if you want a view, create an elevated deck as you mentioned (promenade in your parlance even though that sounds like a gay version of a deck, but either way...interesting), and the full circle end zone actually makes for a more intimidating home field.
    This forum is what happens when 20+ trolls meet. I get really fucking irritated with some of the repetitive jokes here...it's not funny IMO. I yawn.. That said, I post on some various facebook boards and typically become one of the dominant-asshole-trolls myself on many of those boards, out of boredom. I probably get called an asshole at least once a week on at least one of those. Ive realized that I am an arrogant prick. There are a lot of narcissistic trolls here on this site, myself included....perhaps we are just naturally drawn to one another...sort of like how inmates are drawn to each others' criminal knowledge in a prison. I accept that some are going to possibly annoy me as much as I will probably and inevitably annoy them with my own style of posting...but ultimately I would appreciate this site more if it cut out the fat and were less repetitive and had more creativity. I get bored easily with the 23 daily repitions. Props to Derek Johnson for moderating this site...I wouldn't want that job.I suspect one day hell get very tired of doing it, especially with the repeated stuff.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

Meek said:

Meek said:

Meek said:

whynothaveboth.gif?

This forum is what happens when 20+ trolls meet. I get really fucking irritated with some of the repetitive jokes here...it's not funny IMO. I yawn.. That said, I post on some various facebook boards and typically become one of the dominant-asshole-trolls myself on many of those boards, out of boredom. I probably get called an asshole at least once a week on at least one of those. Ive realized that I am an arrogant prick. There are a lot of narcissistic trolls here on this site, myself included....perhaps we are just naturally drawn to one another...sort of like how inmates are drawn to each others' criminal knowledge in a prison. I accept that some are going to possibly annoy me as much as I will probably and inevitably annoy them with my own style of posting...but ultimately I would appreciate this site more if it cut out the fat and were less repetitive and had more creativity. I get bored easily with the 23 daily repitions. Props to Derek Johnson for moderating this site...I wouldn't want that job.I suspect one day hell get very tired of doing it, especially with the repeated stuff.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    MisterEm said:

Meek said:

Meek said:

Meek said:

whynothaveboth.gif?

the "middle of store",'75k' bullshit has to stop. Does everyone here live in a fucking cattle heard? You guys are a bunch of nerdy bastatages. 75k, hee hee. bunch of dorks around here. Not much different than kimmy
  • Options
    section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    My family/friends don't give a shit about husky football so I'm glad there's a place to freely vent and all that.
    I can do without the same jokes as well....except the ones I started. 75k
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

My family/friends don't give a shit about husky football so I'm glad there's a place to freely vent and all that.

Look if this team was 6-0 I'm sure this forum would be praising the team, talking X's and O's and genuinely fired up for this ASU game. That's the great thing about the Rose Bowl chase is that every single game is HUGE. I remember in 2000 every week I was so fired up I couldn't wait until Saturday came.

While this year despite the 4-0 start it felt like 2011 all over again where they are feasting on a front loaded schedule. I mean we are in year five in October and already eliminated from the Rose Bowl picture. At least Lambo waited until November before getting eliminated.

As for the jokes? Honestly that's why I post on here. Talking about a program that doesn't care about football or it's REAL fans(yea I went there Doogs fuck off) can get old really quick.

We all use sports as a way to get away form life. It's supposed to be a healthy distraction. The football product for a decade plus now hasn't provided me with that. At least this forums actually has posts on here where I literally laugh out loud.

If you don't like the jokes it's a free country just skip the threads. We had plenty of football discussions last week. I also noticed in my time on football message boards that those who always demand more football talk never provide any football talk. Sure they think they do but they provide basic shit that anyone with half a brain knows.

No offense but you never did seem like you fit in here. You take things way too seriously and get offended too easily. When you or anyone else ask questions like where can I watch the game at? You'll get some shit. When you say NO EXCUSES! Then immediately make up EXCUSES you'll get shit on. When you claim a conference is terrible and has 8 teams ranked in the top 25 you'll get shit on.

I like the fact that on here if someone you disagree with you can tell them that. Unlike Doogman if you get in a disagreement even if you are right with certain posters your posts will be deleted and you'll just be gone. No warning.
  • Options
    section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

Look if this team was 6-0 I'm sure this forum would be praising the team, talking X's and O's and genuinely fired up for this ASU game. That's the great thing about the Rose Bowl chase is that every single game is HUGE. I remember in 2000 every week I was so fired up I couldn't wait until Saturday came.

While this year despite the 4-0 start it felt like 2011 all over again where they are feasting on a front loaded schedule. I mean we are in year five in October and already eliminated from the Rose Bowl picture. At least Lambo waited until November before getting eliminated.

As for the jokes? Honestly that's why I post on here. Talking about a program that doesn't care about football or it's REAL fans(yea I went there Doogs fuck off) can get old really quick.

We all use sports as a way to get away form life. It's supposed to be a healthy distraction. The football product for a decade plus now hasn't provided me with that. At least this forums actually has posts on here where I literally laugh out loud.

If you don't like the jokes it's a free country just skip the threads. We had plenty of football discussions last week. I also noticed in my time on football message boards that those who always demand more football talk never provide any football talk. Sure they think they do but they provide basic shit that anyone with half a brain knows.

No offense but you never did seem like you fit in here. You take things way too seriously and get offended too easily. When you or anyone else ask questions like where can I watch the game at? You'll get some shit. When you say NO EXCUSES! Then immediately make up EXCUSES you'll get shit on. When you claim a conference is terrible and has 8 teams ranked in the top 25 you'll get shit on.

I like the fact that on here if someone you disagree with you can tell them that. Unlike Doogman if you get in a disagreement even if you are right with certain posters your posts will be deleted and you'll just be gone. No warning.
    No offense taken at all.