Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

7 Years Ago..... This was all the Rage

2»

Comments

• Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    topdawgnc said:

Tequilla said:

Would be really interested to see what the perception of Mora would be around these parts if he had the kind of success he had at UCLA at UW ...

On one hand, I think we'd all like some of that success ... but after 6-7 years and a feeling that he's probably maximized his performance, a good chunk would be ready to move on.

He can't beat Stanford, or Oregon ...

Wouldn't fit in 'round these parts.
    Mora would have been even worse at UW. He's mediocre in LA. He would be a .500 coach on Seattle at best.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    Mosster47 said:

topdawgnc said:

Tequilla said:

Would be really interested to see what the perception of Mora would be around these parts if he had the kind of success he had at UCLA at UW ...

On one hand, I think we'd all like some of that success ... but after 6-7 years and a feeling that he's probably maximized his performance, a good chunk would be ready to move on.

He can't beat Stanford, or Oregon ...

Wouldn't fit in 'round these parts.
    Mora would have been even worse at UW. He's mediocre in LA. He would be a .500 coach on Seattle at best.
    What about RichRod?

Shirley HE could surpass .500??
  • golddog17golddog17 Member Posts: 121

Tequilla said:

On one hand, I think we'd all like some of that success ... but after 6-7 years games and a feeling that he's probably maximized his performance, a good chunk would be ready to move on.

Id much rathe r go 7-7, 6-7, 12-1 and a rose bowl than 10-3 (9-4), 10-3(9-4), 10-3(9-4)forever. Thats what youll get with mora
    So can I pencil in 12 wins next year for my Huskies?
    Yes.....or GTFO
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133

Tequilla said:

On one hand, I think we'd all like some of that success ... but after 6-7 years games and a feeling that he's probably maximized his performance, a good chunk would be ready to move on.

Id much rathe r go 7-7, 6-7, 12-1 and a rose bowl than 10-3 (9-4), 10-3(9-4), 10-3(9-4)forever. Thats what youll get with mora

No, but I promise you have a head coach who can go 12-0! How do I know?
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Tequilla said:

No, but I promise you have a head coach who can go 12-0! How do I know?

This ain't the WAC.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295

The guy has the resources of UCLA. Decent to good tradition, and one fucking hell of a backyard. If Iron Laws are a real thing, then he has 98% of them running in his favor. And yet, here we are.

He is what he is. He's a frat boy who can talk a good game and is a decent coach who seems to have instilled some intensity into the program that was not there before his arrival. And he can recruit pretty well. There are better recruiters, and there are plenty who are worse, but again, he's at UCLA, so whatever.

Mostly good, but not great, coach.

Like Top said, he can't beat Stanford or Oregon, and Oregon is now full on Hefrich with no remnants of Chip Kelly left as an excuse, and Furd is now full on Shaw, with no trace of Harbaugh. Beating SC since Carroll's departure is a yawner.

This is now an easy conference in which to establish oneself as the "best coach", and even now he can't do it.

I couldn't fucking care less about the guy. He's a sober, slightly less bro'd version of Sarkesian, with a little more coaching credibility. But that's it.

In my study of coaches in the same situation as Helfrich (promoted and following a legendary coach), its not until year 5 when that coach starts to fall off. Makes sense because thats when all the players were recruited and coached by the new guy. Helfrich is in year 3. His year 5 will tell us a lot because it will be his second year developing a new QB and Freeman will likely be gone.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381

The guy has the resources of UCLA. Decent to good tradition, and one fucking hell of a backyard. If Iron Laws are a real thing, then he has 98% of them running in his favor. And yet, here we are.

He is what he is. He's a frat boy who can talk a good game and is a decent coach who seems to have instilled some intensity into the program that was not there before his arrival. And he can recruit pretty well. There are better recruiters, and there are plenty who are worse, but again, he's at UCLA, so whatever.

Like Top said, he can't beat Stanford or Oregon, and Oregon is now full on Hefrich with no remnants of Chip Kelly left as an excuse, and Furd is now full on Shaw, with no trace of Harbaugh. Beating SC since Carroll's departure is a yawner.

This is now an easy conference in which to establish oneself as the "best coach", and even now he can't do it.

I couldn't fucking care less about the guy. He's a sober, slightly less bro'd version of Sarkesian, with a little more coaching credibility. But that's it.

In my study of coaches in the same situation as Helfrich (promoted and following a legendary coach), its not until year 5 when that coach starts to fall off. Makes sense because thats when all the players were recruited and coached by the new guy. Helfrich is in year 3. His year 5 will tell us a lot because it will be his second year developing a new QB and Freeman will likely be gone.
    Losing a Heisman QB tends to lead to a pretty significant fall-off. Just sayin'. That being said, I don't know what to make of Helfrich and Company, other than that I'm probably stuck with him for the time being
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,768 Founders Club

godawgst said:

Watching those stills of coach James, Hoffman, Clifford, Emtman, Brunnell, etc was gave my goose bumps. Then they bleed to guys in the late 90's/early 2000's and I'm like "what the hell are those guys doing on this montage. They couldn't hold those guys jocks. They are just jag's (just another guy)." Compared to what I've watched the last 10 years, I would take those jag's over what we've produced in a second.

Yeah i agree. Guys like Reggie W I lliams, corey dillon, brock huard, locker...they couldnt hold those jock straps. Nice 1st post godawgst.:)
    How do you fuck up Reggie Williams's name that badly?
    PuppyLittleGinage is the master of typos & sentences that make no sense.
  • largemargelargemarge Guest, Member Posts: 72
    Pup called the Rose Bowl
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,005

I was never a Mora guy but fell for it at times because of the group think. I’ve became stronger since then.

We've been good for each other Roadie.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I was never a Mora guy but fell for it at times because of the group think. I’ve became stronger since then.

You used to piss me off with your anti Mora poasts.

Guess you feel pretty dumb now!!
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

I heard he didn't come to UW because he had a CONTRACT

I heard he didn't come to UW because he had a CONTRACT

Great post. Great poster
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Tequilla said:

Lol
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,111

Tequilla said:

Yes.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,005

Brilliant analysis.

Who is this Creepycoug guy?

#theguywhotoldyouaboutmariocriscoballzthatswho