Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,350 Swaye's Wigwam
    Was it that long ago? Holy Mother of Hell.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Tequilla said:

Would be really interested to see what the perception of Mora would be around these parts if he had the kind of success he had at UCLA at UW ...

On one hand, I think we'd all like some of that success ... but after 6-7 years and a feeling that he's probably maximized his performance, a good chunk would be ready to move on.

He can't beat Stanford, or Oregon ...

Wouldn't fit in 'round these parts.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    I was a junior at UW. I remember it like it was yesterday. That video plus another one that had his comments when he was on with Mitch (I think?) when he said in 2006 he'd drop what he was doing in the NFL if UW called and head home.

Sigh.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Mora had the job 2x if he wanted it ... he turned it down both times.

In my mind, it's hard to not view him as the guy that was too afraid of failing at his alma mater instead of the guy that had the guts to succeed.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Tequilla said:

Mora had the job 2x if he wanted it ... he turned it down both times.

In my mind, it's hard to not view him as the guy that was too afraid of failing at his alma mater instead of the guy that had the guts to succeed.

2007 was different.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    Music used to suck back then.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,451 Founders Club
    Watching those stills of coach James, Hoffman, Clifford, Emtman, Brunnell, etc was gave my goose bumps. Then they bleed to guys in the late 90's/early 2000's and I'm like "what the hell are those guys doing on this montage. They couldn't hold those guys jocks. They are just jag's (just another guy)." Compared to what I've watched the last 10 years, I would take those jag's over what we've produced in a second.
  • dongmandongman Member Posts: 2,384
    AZDuck said:

this video gave me football AIDS

I would like to state I received high powered aids as well.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,682 Standard Supporter
    dongman said:

AZDuck said:

this video gave me football AIDS

I would like to state I received high powered aids as well.
    Winning.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    9-3 Pelini is all this program needed. Thank goodness we held out for a coach who will actually get us back to the rose bowl in Petersen. Mora cant even win the conference with a heavily decided recruiting advantage.
    godawgst said:

Watching those stills of coach James, Hoffman, Clifford, Emtman, Brunnell, etc was gave my goose bumps. Then they bleed to guys in the late 90's/early 2000's and I'm like "what the hell are those guys doing on this montage. They couldn't hold those guys jocks. They are just jag's (just another guy)." Compared to what I've watched the last 10 years, I would take those jag's over what we've produced in a second.

Yeah i agree. Guys like Reggie W I lliams, corey dillon, brock huard, locker...they couldnt hold those jock straps. Nice 1st post godawgst.:)
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Tequilla said:

Would be really interested to see what the perception of Mora would be around these parts if he had the kind of success he had at UCLA at UW ...

On one hand, I think we'd all like some of that success ... but after 6-7 years games and a feeling that he's probably maximized his performance, a good chunk would be ready to move on.

Tequilla said:

On one hand, I think we'd all like some of that success ... but after 6-7 years games and a feeling that he's probably maximized his performance, a good chunk would be ready to move on.

Id much rathe r go 7-7, 6-7, 12-1 and a rose bowl than 10-3 (9-4), 10-3(9-4), 10-3(9-4)forever. Thats what youll get with mora
  • JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 2,039

Tequilla said:

Id much rathe r go 7-7, 6-7, 12-1 and a rose bowl than 10-3 (9-4), 10-3(9-4), 10-3(9-4)forever. Thats what youll get with mora
    So can I pencil in 12 wins next year for my Huskies?