Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Would you call these guys profiteers? Or job creators?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

2001400ex said:

Pretty sure Hondo and ozone are just pissed they didn't go long Halliburton when the press headlines and Democrat politician screams about profiteering were first broadcast. Imagine how much coin you would have made on 1,000 out of the money calls... or leaps... with absolutely z-e-r-o risk.

What's funny about that post. I left a firm in 2008 and had a chunk of change in retirement I needed to invest elsewhere. I read that Biden is big into railroads as he rode one every day. So I was going to put part of it in a railroad. Then I realized they were all under private ownership or under Berkshire Hathaway.

I'm just waiting to see the next combo. If it's Trump, I'm buying hotel stocks. Carson I'm buying abortion clinics on short. Rubio I'm buying Messacans and Cuba.
    So... You were planning to invest your entire retirement in a government railroad?
    Um no, read what I wrote. I said part of my retirement. And clearly I couldn't invest so I didn't. The money I had set aside for the railroad went into a gold mining stock. Let's just say I've have made better investments than that decision.