Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

This weeks committee head scratcher...

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Alabama should be #1. They are #1 in SRS, the most objective measure. They'd beat all but a few teams rather easily.

This will look like my anti-SECness coming out, because it is, but why are they ahead of all these undefeated teams in SRS? Wins and losses are the most important factor.

Sure, they probably beat Iowa by 10 on a neutral field, but Iowa hasn't lost.
    That's being generous to Iowa. Try 30
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Clemson will probably lose to Duke or North Carolina or some shit ACC team. I don't know their division and I'm not going to bother looking them up since they add teams every two weeks and who cares. :pensive: I just have a hunch because it's Clumpson.

Oklahomo might bust in. They lost relatively early and as much as the committee likes to pretend that they're fair and balanced, they aren't. It might even be a subconscious thing, but let's face it, Oklahomo is a better draw and a bigger name than Iowa, TCU, Gaylor, Ok State, Utah, and Furd.

Did you watch clemson-fsu? Clemson is a s good on defense as they are on offense...dont think so dummy.

NC has a chance in conf title game, but no way do the heels have the defense to stop clemson
    It doesn't matter. It's Clemson. They'll lose to South Carolina or something, even though they suck. They're chokers.
    Generally fire crotch id agree with you. Not this year however. Their defense stifled FSU. I dont think theyre the best team in the country, but they arent losing regular season. NC could beat them, they are good on offense. Defensively they are piss poor. Weather and turnovers the only hope for NC.
  • Options
    steelheader2steelheader2 Member Posts: 367
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Photogenic
    Puppy's top 4
    1 iron Maiden
    2 Judas Priest
    3 black Sabbath
    4. Queensryche

Oh u meant his playoff teams.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Alabama should be #1. They are #1 in SRS, the most objective measure. They'd beat all but a few teams rather easily.

This will look like my anti-SECness coming out, because it is, but why are they ahead of all these undefeated teams in SRS? Wins and losses are the most important factor.

SRS attempts to measure how good a team is, not who has the best record. We all understand it's different intuitively (which is why no one would bat an eyelash when Bama comes out -10 versus an undefeated Iowa in that hypothetical matchup), but for some reason CFB fans cling to this outdated idea that the best way to measure teams is who has the least losses.

Bama would be favored against anyone in the country, because they have the best team. In this case, SRS >>>> playoff committee >>>> poles.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited November 2015
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    PurpleJ said:

dnc said:

Not only does Pup have a fake account, but he uses a third account to upvote his primary fake.

If we're gonna bash upvoting your own alts with your other alts, I'm out!
    AGREE
    I awesome'd this then realized I was messing up your flow. But still, kudos.
  • Options
    steelheader2steelheader2 Member Posts: 367
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Photogenic
    Like poster YoBates I have known Puppy since he was a punk jr high kid with hair Trey Adams would admire.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

dnc said:

Not only does Pup have a fake account, but he uses a third account to upvote his primary fake.

AGREE
    RoadHarv55...I'm still laughing
  • Options
    Hey snatches, im not steel2. Think derek could confirm that
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Derek's silence speaks volumes
  • Options

Puppy's top 4
    1 iron Maiden
    2 Judas Priest
    3 black Sabbath
    4. Queensryche

Oh u meant his playoff teams.

Puppys top 4

1. The band
    2. Christopher Parkening
    3. JH
    4. Menace
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,577
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

dnc said:

AGREE
    PGOS wtf vote speaks volumes.
  • Options

Pup doesnt hang around this craptrap like you fags. upvoting himself is hardly his style. 1 handle is all I need to make you pillow chewers look foolish and fucktarded as you are. Enough with that shit. Derek? I got a cred to protect!!
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,610
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

dnc said:

AGREE
    Troll Toll best handle
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,577
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Pup doesnt hang around this craptrap like you fags. upvoting himself is hardly his style. 1 handle is all I need to make you pillow chewers look foolish and fucktarded as you are. Enough with that shit. Derek? I got a cred to protect!!
    I'm reporting you to the police.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,897
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

SRS attempts to measure how good a team is, not who has the best record. We all understand it's different intuitively (which is why no one would bat an eyelash when Bama comes out -10 versus an undefeated Iowa in that hypothetical matchup), but for some reason CFB fans cling to this outdated idea that the best way to measure teams is who has the least losses.

Bama would be favored against anyone in the country, because they have the best team. In this case, SRS >>>> playoff committee >>>> poles.
    I get that, but college football doesn't have a lot of games, and people will always cling to wins and losses with records like 12-1 and 13-0, and rightfully so. Imagine if the NFL went to SRS or a mathematical formula for its playoff system. It wouldn't sit well.

Ole Miss isn't a great team. Alabama should've taken care of business at home.