Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

This weeks committee head scratcher...

Last week 2 SEC teams. Obviously that made no sense and reflected the inherent SEC bias within committee.

This week? Alabama @ #2 (with a bad loss at home to unranked Ole miss, near miss vs Tennessee at home), plus the fact theyve beaten 1 ranked team all year.

#4 Notre Dame. Irish have victories over 2 ranked teams...Temple and Navy. I warned of ND bias before playoff formed, and at some point will be at expense of the pac 12. If ND beats Stanford, Utah beats Stanford in title game, ND will get nod over 1-loss, conference champ Utah. Why play a conf. Championship game if no benefit is awarded?

The committee is as biased as the bcs. College football is a shit show, im switching my allegiance over to FCS, where true college football is played.

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,897
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Did you post this while wearing an Iron Maiden t-shirt?

Good points Puppy. There are several Power Five teams who have gotten the shaft by the SECCBSPN Complex. Off the top of my head, Iowa, Okie State, and Gaylor are a few. Putting a one loss team above a zero loss team is almost as dumb as saying, "Well, gee, the Seahawks were 9-7, but they seem like a better team than the 10-6 Vikings. Umm, let's just put the Seahawks in the playoffs instead."
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

Last week 2 SEC teams. Obviously that made no sense and reflected the inherent SEC bias within committee.

This week? Alabama @ #2 (with a bad loss at home to unranked Ole miss, near miss vs Tennessee at home), plus the fact theyve beaten 1 ranked team all year.

#4 Notre Dame. Irish have victories over 2 ranked teams...Temple and Navy. I warned of ND bias before playoff formed, and at some point will be at expense of the pac 12. If ND beats Stanford, Utah beats Stanford in title game, ND will get nod over 1-loss, conference champ Utah. Why play a conf. Championship game if no benefit is awarded?

The committee is as biased as the bcs. College football is a shit show, im switching my allegiance over to FCS, where true college football is played.

You just can't underestimate the impact of that Portland State win over a Pac-12 power team early in the year
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Don't worry Pup. Only one SEC team is getting in. It's not going to be Florida. Alabama might shut them out. The real bummer is if Notre Dame gets in.

1) Clemson
    2) Alabama
    3) Ohio State
    4) Whoever wins Notre Dame - Stanford

Baylor or Oklahoma State might end up crying because of their schedule. They will need an Ohio State or Clemson to lose.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited November 2015
    Clemson will probably lose to Duke or North Carolina or some shit ACC team. I don't know their division and I'm not going to bother looking them up since they add teams every two weeks and who cares. :pensive: I just have a hunch because it's Clumpson.

Oklahomo might bust in. They lost relatively early and as much as the committee likes to pretend that they're fair and balanced, they aren't. It might even be a subconscious thing, but let's face it, Oklahomo is a better draw and a bigger name than Iowa, TCU, Gaylor, Ok State, Utah, and Furd.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Puppy, who would you have in your top 4 (or 6) right now?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If Notre Dame beats Stanford and Stanford beats Utah then ND would earn it. Only loss to #1 Clemson on the road with a two point conversion to tie. I think ND earns it over Utah anyway and of course TV ratings clinch it. Welcome to America.

Utah will lose again. The south champ can still be UCLA or USC. Stanford could lose to whOregon (lol). The Pac 12 is a shit show

The Big 12 could have an unbeaten champ or unbeaten in the league Oklahoma with a non con win over the SEC. Folks, that's why everyone loves the SEC.

Clemson could choke and the ACC is out.

The B1G champ could have a loss. Iowa is choking out this week and they suck anyway. It's fucking Iowa.

Every year fans get amnesia about how teams drop like flies in November. By the time the final poll is out is will make perfect sense except to the irrational SEC haters. Folks, that's why everyone loves the SEC.

And the ESPNSEC Networks thank you for giving FREE PUB to an absolutely meaningless CFP poll and getting me to add my wisdom

Folks that's why everyone loves Race Bannon
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,981
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    If you don't agree with Race here you're not watching the games
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2015

Clemson will probably lose to Duke or North Carolina or some shit ACC team. I don't know their division and I'm not going to bother looking them up since they add teams every two weeks and who cares. :pensive: I just have a hunch because it's Clumpson.

Oklahomo might bust in. They lost relatively early and as much as the committee likes to pretend that they're fair and balanced, they aren't. It might even be a subconscious thing, but let's face it, Oklahomo is a better draw and a bigger name than Iowa, TCU, Gaylor, Ok State, Utah, and Furd.

Did you watch clemson-fsu? Clemson is a s good on defense as they are on offense...dont think so dummy.

NC has a chance in conf title game, but no way do the heels have the defense to stop clemson
  • Options
    Founders Club

Did you watch clemson-fsu? Clemson is a s good on defense as they are on offense...dont think so dummy.

NC has a chance in conf title game, but no way do the heels have the defense to stop clemson
    It doesn't matter. It's Clemson. They'll lose to South Carolina or something, even though they suck. They're chokers.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

It doesn't matter. It's Clemson. They'll lose to South Carolina or something, even though they suck. They're chokers.
    He called you a dummy.
  • Options
    Founders Club

He called you a dummy.
    He did.

He's gone off on me before, but it's been a while.

Clemson does have a really easy schedule. Puppy might be right, but I say they choke along the line.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Last week Puppy says LSU is a legitimate choice for #2.

Bama crushes Pup's legitimate #2, now Bama's ranking is a head scratcher.

The real head scratcher is why anyone would think Bama is overranked.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Alabama should be #1. They are #1 in SRS, the most objective measure. They'd beat all but a few teams rather easily.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,610
    Founders Club

Alabama should be #1. They are #1 in SRS, the most objective measure. They'd beat all but a few teams rather easily.

CHRIST

Is Ole Miss at home one of those few teams?

• Options
    Founders Club

This will look like my anti-SECness coming out, because it is, but why are they ahead of all these undefeated teams in SRS? Wins and losses are the most important factor.

Sure, they probably beat Iowa by 10 on a neutral field, but Iowa hasn't lost.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam
    A 1 loss Oklahoma might leap frog a 1 loss Stanford.

Utah would need a ton of help to get in with 1 loss. Clemson would need to lose and Michigan would have to mess up Ohio state. 1 loss Oklahoma gets in easy over them.

Even if ND scrapes by Stanford and Utah runs Stanford off the field in the p12cg ND would probably get the nod.
  • Options
    Founders Club

CHRIST

The SEC West is tough every week. It's a war zone. Arkansas would be 8-1 in the Pac 12. That's why the SEC only plays eight games plus Tennessee Barber School, SW Kentucky Tech, and the Atlanta College For the Blind, and North Texas.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

CHRIST

Any team you mention by the final poll will have a bad game or two. Its a bit juvenile and repetitive to make that argument. I'm not a SRS guy but the point is valid, Bama is favored over everyone else.

Some of us actually watch games.