Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kaufman highlights

Comments

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Kaufman was 185 and benched over 400 lbs.

He was a once in a lifetime talent. He'll never be duplicated. Just stop there. I love Gaskin, but he is no Kaufman.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2015
    In my lifetime. I was alive and even attended games in '91, but I don't remember shit.

1. Dillon

2. Sankey
    3. Kaufman
    4. Polk
    5. Sheehee
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

In my lifetime. I was alive and even attended games in '91, but I don't remember shit.

1. Dillon

2. Sankey
    3. Kaufman
    4. Polk
    5. Sheehee

@RoadDawg55 - I just listened to your post Stanford podcast; now with this, I think we share a mind. This is exactly how I'd put it.

Dillon is the fucking Hugh McElhenny of this shit. The King. Dude was so good. If we'd had a decent fucking coach in '96, we would've won the Rose Bowl.

Instead we had LamboFS and we lost to Neu in the San Diego Sea Bowl.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,480
    Swaye's Wigwam

1. Dillon

2. Sankey
    3. Kaufman
    4. Polk
    5. Sheehee

I put Kaufman ahead of Sankey, but the stats don't lie.

I loved Chris Polk. The run he made against LSU at husky stadium where he stiff arms two SEC defenders back to back for was beautiful.

One of my earliest memories was at Husky Stadium watching Corey dillon destroy San Jose st. The man was a man.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

I wasn't a huge Nip fan, but obviously he was good.

#coreydillonforever

I wanted to be just like Corey Dillon, so I was just a random asshole to people, whined a lot and committed a lot of date rape.

Think you may have the wrong Dawg in mind, Brah.

Dillon may have only been around a couple quarters, but he wasn't Jarrrammmmy.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The NFL shouldn't matter on this, but Corey Dillon was a Pro Bowl RB for the Bengals. They were the worst team in the NFL when he played. If he was on a good team he would be a Hall of Famer.

Dillon once held the record for most rushing yards in an NFL game. Nuff said on that.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    CaptainPJ said:

I wasn't a huge Nip fan, but obviously he was good.

#coreydillonforever

I wanted to be just like Corey Dillon, so I was just a random asshole to people, whined a lot and committed a lot of date rape.

Think you may have the wrong Dawg in mind, Brah.

Dillon may have only been around a couple quarters, but he wasn't Jarrrammmmy.
    Proving that you didn't personally know Corey Dillon.

#coreydillonpersonalknowledgeofassholicbeahviorsuperiorityguy

DKG:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwzVQEHiG5Q
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    This thread has taken a turn for the better. Dillon is my favorite RB of all tim. Fuck Lambo. FQ baby!

• Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    TTJ said:

I love Gaskin and I don't see the similarities. Nip was a very different runner.

Me neither. Sankey, maybe. Or Shehee.

Stylistically, McGrew is closer to Kaufman.
    I wondered if anybody else noticed this. McGrew totally reminds me of
    Kaufman. It's that foward upper body lean, short cuts with quick feet,
    then A+ downhill speed. REAL excited to see McGrew next year.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,666
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Lawyer Milloy & Kaufman are my favorite huskies of all time.

Kaufman and gaskin are listed as the same measurables. Kaufman was benching 400 lbs as a senior not a freshman. Kaufman was a freak no question, his father was a body builder. A rare talent.

Gaskin is the first true freshman to rush for three straight 100 yard games and did it against Stanford, USC and Oregon.

Gaskin is averaging 5.5 yards per carry behind an oline made up of freshman.

Kaufman and gaskin have similar footwork and cutting ability. As someone pointed out gaskin is more of a lateral runner because he has to find holes and he is young. Kaufman did some of that as a true freshman.

Kaufman as freshman ran behind malimala, Kennedy, and Cunningham... he had holes the size of 747's. He had very good lines his whole career and an exceptional blocking fullback in Richard Thomas.

Gaskin already has 748 yards on the year and had minimal carries early in the season. He will be a 1000 yard back this year and no true freshman has ever done that.

If gaskin had wide open holes to run through and just ran straight you would probably see the similarities for the untrained eye.

Are they identical? No. similar? Yes.
    Just watch their feet.
  • Options
    jecornel said:

Kaufman and gaskin are listed as the same measurables. Kaufman was benching 400 lbs as a senior not a freshman. Kaufman was a freak no question, his father was a body builder. A rare talent.

Gaskin is the first true freshman to rush for three straight 100 yard games and did it against Stanford, USC and Oregon.

Kaufman and gaskin have similar footwork and cutting ability. As someone pointed out gaskin is more of a lateral runner because he has to find holes and he is young. Kaufman did some of that as a true freshman.

Kaufman as freshman ran behind malimala, Kennedy, and Cunningham... he had holes the size of 747's. He had very good lines his whole career and an exceptional blocking fullback in Richard Thomas.

Gaskin already has 748 yards on the year and had minimal carries early in the season. He will be a 1000 yard back this year and no true freshman has ever done that.

If gaskin had wide open holes to run through and just ran straight you would probably see the similarities for the untrained eye.

Just watch their feet.

Pressing.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2015
    Pressing?

Gaskin is having a year never seen at Washington behind a porous oline.

What if runs for 1300 yards this year?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,407
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I have Polk ahead of Sankey. Dillon is #1. I have Beno Bryant ahead of Nip. Or is it Nap. Greg Lewis is probably the REAL #2 behind Dillon. The oft forgotten Lewis who graduated after 1990. Going into 91 the running back position was said to be an area of concern. Beno took care of that.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

The NFL shouldn't matter on this, but Corey Dillon was a Pro Bowl RB for the Bengals. They were the worst team in the NFL when he played. If he was on a good team he would be a Hall of Famer.

Dillon once held the record for most rushing yards in an NFL game. Nuff said on that.

Dillon is the best rb in husky history.... no question.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

I have Polk ahead of Sankey. Dillon is #1. I have Beno Bryant ahead of Nip. Or is it Nap. Greg Lewis is probably the REAL #2 behind Dillon. The oft forgotten Lewis who graduated after 1990. Going into 91 the running back position was said to be an area of concern. Beno took care of that.

Good point on greg Lewis... loved watching him carry the rock... freight train.
  • Options
    jecornel said:

Just watch their feet.

They're not similar at all. Kauffman was explosive, a force of nature. He wasn't Dwayne Washington or @GrandpaSankey but he didn't have the greatest vision ever. What he did have was the ability to run by you and just destroy arm tackles because of his freakish upper body strength. Early on he was too fast for his own good, as he didn't have great balance, especially as a freshman. Nor was he particularly patient.

Gaskin has terrific vision, patience, and balance. He jukes people out of his shoes thanks to great hips (hi @IrishDawg22), not great explosiveness. As a true frosh Gaskin is a better RB than Kauffman was. He doesn't have Nip's ceiling though. No chance Gaskin's a first round pick.

Gaskin and Kauffman just don't have a similar skillset. Virtually every strength of Gaskin was a relative weakness of Kauffman and vice versa.

Vision - Gaskin great, Kauffman average
    Balance - Gaskin great, Kauffman above average (below average as a frosh)
    Straight ahead speed - Gaskin above average, Kauffman elite
    Strength - Gaskin above average for his size, Kauffman elite for his size

They're just not that similar, no matter how bad you want them to be.
  • Options
    jecornel said:

Pressing?

Gaskin is having a year never seen at Washington behind a porous oline.

What if runs for 1300 yards this year?

You think he's running for 550 yards in the next 3 games? Major disagree, major. He's going to finish a little north of 1000 yards, which is a great year for a true frosh.

The line is not that porous of a run blocking unit though. It's not 91 of course, but even if you take out Gaskin our non QB's are averaging 5.44 yards per carry this year, and that's including Dotson and Mickens who have been terrible. DWash averages 6.0 per carry, Coleman's average 5.0 per carry, Cooper's averagint 6.3 - this is not a porous run blocking unit.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

jecornel said:

Just watch their feet.

They're not similar at all. Kauffman was explosive, a force of nature. He wasn't Dwayne Washington or @GrandpaSankey but he didn't have the greatest vision ever. What he did have was the ability to run by you and just destroy arm tackles because of his freakish upper body strength. Early on he was too fast for his own good, as he didn't have great balance, especially as a freshman. Nor was he particularly patient.

Gaskin has terrific vision, patience, and balance. He jukes people out of his shoes thanks to great hips (hi @IrishDawg22), not great explosiveness. As a true frosh Gaskin is a better RB than Kauffman was. He doesn't have Nip's ceiling though. No chance Gaskin's a first round pick.

Gaskin and Kauffman just don't have a similar skillset. Virtually every strength of Gaskin was a relative weakness of Kauffman and vice versa.

Vision - Gaskin great, Kauffman average
    Balance - Gaskin great, Kauffman above average (below average as a frosh)
    Straight ahead speed - Gaskin above average, Kauffman elite
    Strength - Gaskin above average for his size, Kauffman elite for his size

They're just not that similar, no matter how bad you want them to be.
    I don't want them to be similar, I just look at their footwork and the insights of greg Lewis.

This oline is not even in the same universe as the lines in the early 90's.

550 yards is a stretch but 400 yards is possible with asu, OSU and WSU left.

You can't say for certainty he won't be a first round back.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Now it turns out the 2015 huskies have a great oline? Da fuq?

So youth excuse is out the window..