Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kaufman highlights

13»

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2015
    jecornel said:

dnc said:

jecornel said:

Lawyer Milloy & Kaufman are my favorite huskies of all time.

Kaufman and gaskin are listed as the same measurables. Kaufman was benching 400 lbs as a senior not a freshman. Kaufman was a freak no question, his father was a body builder. A rare talent.

Gaskin is the first true freshman to rush for three straight 100 yard games and did it against Stanford, USC and Oregon.

Gaskin is averaging 5.5 yards per carry behind an oline made up of freshman.

Kaufman and gaskin have similar footwork and cutting ability. As someone pointed out gaskin is more of a lateral runner because he has to find holes and he is young. Kaufman did some of that as a true freshman.

Kaufman as freshman ran behind malimala, Kennedy, and Cunningham... he had holes the size of 747's. He had very good lines his whole career and an exceptional blocking fullback in Richard Thomas.

Gaskin already has 748 yards on the year and had minimal carries early in the season. He will be a 1000 yard back this year and no true freshman has ever done that.

If gaskin had wide open holes to run through and just ran straight you would probably see the similarities for the untrained eye.

Are they identical? No. similar? Yes.
    Just watch their feet.

They're not similar at all. Kauffman was explosive, a force of nature. He wasn't Dwayne Washington or @GrandpaSankey but he didn't have the greatest vision ever. What he did have was the ability to run by you and just destroy arm tackles because of his freakish upper body strength. Early on he was too fast for his own good, as he didn't have great balance, especially as a freshman. Nor was he particularly patient.

Gaskin has terrific vision, patience, and balance. He jukes people out of his shoes thanks to great hips (hi @IrishDawg22), not great explosiveness. As a true frosh Gaskin is a better RB than Kauffman was. He doesn't have Nip's ceiling though. No chance Gaskin's a first round pick.

Gaskin and Kauffman just don't have a similar skillset. Virtually every strength of Gaskin was a relative weakness of Kauffman and vice versa.

Vision - Gaskin great, Kauffman average
    Balance - Gaskin great, Kauffman above average (below average as a frosh)
    Straight ahead speed - Gaskin above average, Kauffman elite
    Strength - Gaskin above average for his size, Kauffman elite for his size

They're just not that similar, no matter how bad you want them to be.
    I don't want them to be similar, I just look at their footwork and the insights of greg Lewis.

This oline is not even in the same universe as the lines in the early 90's.

550 yards is a stretch but 400 yards is possible with asu, OSU and WSU left.

You can't say for certainty he won't be a first round back.
    If Sankey and Polk weren't first rounders with better frames, Gaskin won't be a first rounder.
  • Options
    jecornel said:

Now it turns out the 2015 huskies have a great oline? Da fuq?

So youth excuse is out the window..

I never said that. I said it's not a porous run blocking line. It's not.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,614
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

jecornel said:

dnc said:

jecornel said:

Kaufman and gaskin are listed as the same measurables. Kaufman was benching 400 lbs as a senior not a freshman. Kaufman was a freak no question, his father was a body builder. A rare talent.

Gaskin is the first true freshman to rush for three straight 100 yard games and did it against Stanford, USC and Oregon.

Kaufman and gaskin have similar footwork and cutting ability. As someone pointed out gaskin is more of a lateral runner because he has to find holes and he is young. Kaufman did some of that as a true freshman.

Kaufman as freshman ran behind malimala, Kennedy, and Cunningham... he had holes the size of 747's. He had very good lines his whole career and an exceptional blocking fullback in Richard Thomas.

Gaskin already has 748 yards on the year and had minimal carries early in the season. He will be a 1000 yard back this year and no true freshman has ever done that.

If gaskin had wide open holes to run through and just ran straight you would probably see the similarities for the untrained eye.

Just watch their feet.

They're not similar at all. Kauffman was explosive, a force of nature. He wasn't Dwayne Washington or @GrandpaSankey but he didn't have the greatest vision ever. What he did have was the ability to run by you and just destroy arm tackles because of his freakish upper body strength. Early on he was too fast for his own good, as he didn't have great balance, especially as a freshman. Nor was he particularly patient.

Gaskin has terrific vision, patience, and balance. He jukes people out of his shoes thanks to great hips (hi @IrishDawg22), not great explosiveness. As a true frosh Gaskin is a better RB than Kauffman was. He doesn't have Nip's ceiling though. No chance Gaskin's a first round pick.

Gaskin and Kauffman just don't have a similar skillset. Virtually every strength of Gaskin was a relative weakness of Kauffman and vice versa.

I don't want them to be similar, I just look at their footwork and the insights of greg Lewis.

If Sankey and Polk weren't first rounders with better frames, Gaskin won't be a first rounder.
    I guess we will find out in 4 years.

Not very sound reasoning as to why he won't be.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Look at lacy and Richardson... busts
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

jecornel said:

dnc said:

jecornel said:

Just watch their feet.

I agree. In the past 5 NFL drafts, 6 RBs have been selected in the 1st round. Fournette, Henry, even Royce Freeman, they have a chance to be 1st round picks. Gaskin, as much a I love his talent, is not. But if he stays healthy and continues to improve (specifically as a receiver), he's got NFL written all over him.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I suppose Todd Girley could change some minds but drafting any running backs in the first round was falling out of fashion.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Just because Gaskin is going to break all sorts of records as a true frosh at UW does not make him similar to Kaufman.

I straight up love Gaskin, I love him with all my heart, he is fantastic and he went to a terrific High School. But he is just not similar to Kaufman in running style, I think they look similar, especially in the lower half of their bodies. And as Gaskin gets into the weight program for a longer time I bet he'll fill out a lot. But their running styles are just not at all similar to me. And that is not a knock at all on Gaskin.

Kaufman was just a monster, he was pure speed with the ability to hit the hole at top speed almost every time and make a cut and go while not slowing down.

Gaskin is, quite honestly, one of the most patient runners I have seen. He understands the angles of the game, he sets up his blockers beautifully and his lateral speed is otherworldly.

They are both fantastic, just different.
  • Options

Just because Gaskin is going to break all sorts of records as a true frosh at UW does not make him similar to Kaufman.

I straight up love Gaskin, I love him with all my heart, he is fantastic and he went to a terrific High School. But he is just not similar to Kaufman in running style, I think they look similar, especially in the lower half of their bodies. And as Gaskin gets into the weight program for a longer time I bet he'll fill out a lot. But their running styles are just not at all similar to me. And that is not a knock at all on Gaskin.

Kaufman was just a monster, he was pure speed with the ability to hit the hole at top speed almost every time and make a cut and go while not slowing down.

Gaskin is, quite honestly, one of the most patient runners I have seen. He understands the angles of the game, he sets up his blockers beautifully and his lateral speed is otherworldly.

They are both fantastic, just different.

Nuff said, case closed, end of discussion
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    I could continue the conversation but I don't have a need to be "right."
  • Options

I love Gaskin and I don't see the similarities. Nip was a very different runner.

I think it's Nap.
  • Options
    PellumPridePellumPride Member Posts: 60
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    i know u fuckos don't give a rat's ass about my opinion on this, but I knew Nap Kaufman and Gaskin is no Nap Kaufman. Doogish to even suggest it.

BTW, my favorite Kaufman play of all time is was in '94 - you youngin's won't remember it - but it was in '94 and UW had a first and goal in the waning moments and were trailing Oregon by 4. As a senior,Nap had been plungering UO for four grisly years. So, on first & goal with plenty of time left, Oregon fans knew they were fucked. Alas, Jim Lambright decides to use Nap as a decoy and Nap being Nap, sold his fake really well. It was a great play, I think it's up on Youtube.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    jecornel said:

I could continue the conversation but I don't have a need to be "right."

I don't need to be right, I just am. tehee xoxo ;)
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    Swaye's Wigwam

i know u fuckos don't give a rat's ass about my opinion on this, but I knew Nap Kaufman and Gaskin is no Nap Kaufman. Doogish to even suggest it.

BTW, my favorite Kaufman play of all time is was in '94 - you youngin's won't remember it - but it was in '94 and UW had a first and goal in the waning moments and were trailing Oregon by 4. As a senior,Nap had been plungering UO for four grisly years. So, on first & goal with plenty of time left, Oregon fans knew they were fucked. Alas, Jim Lambright decides to use Nap as a decoy and Nap being Nap, sold his fake really well. It was a great play, I think it's up on Youtube.

Is it Friday?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,898
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

The entire game is on YouTube.

I've watched the '87 aTm and '89 Arizona losses, but not that one. I'm weird and I watch losses sometimes.

Credit to you for not being a '94 bandwagon jumper, but shut up.
  • Options
    Did we settle on Nip or Nap?
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited November 2015

All I know is some of you ignorant fucks spend a whole lot of time debating how many carries gaskin should or shouldn't have and how Gaskin compares with Nap/ Nip. Fuck. Get a life.

It comes down to this. Gaskin is good. Gaskin is under utilized. If he gets the rock 20>= times against Minnesota in the Chipoltle EColi Bowl our Dawgs win by 4 pts.
  • Options

Nipnap