Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Petersen's post game comments...

2»

Comments

• Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Race and Fremont and whoever else might be right. I'm just not going to invest a lot of time worrying about this stupid fucking team like I used to from Sunday through Friday. He's getting a few years unless he's caught with a little kid or strippers, and neither one of those scenarios is likely. I've already let this one go for the most part. Most (Some?) were wise enough to see through the 4-1 start in '06, 5-1 in 2011 after that loss to N, and 4-0 in 2013. Pick whatever third tier program you want - Kal, Arizona, Minnesota, Oregon State - that's us. Our peak is about 9-3 and a Sun Bowel. El Paso is special. We might be ranked 16th someday!!!!

You mention strippers like it's a bad thing. I think most of us, especially @Swaye, would have a lot more respect for Peterman if he was taint lickin' a bunch of strippers.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

TheGlove said:

I hate you fucking fucks

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,589
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What program have you all been watching, well, forever. This has never been the national program you all crave for. The closest we have ever been for more than three years would be from '77 - '84. '65-'76 was average to bad. '85-'89, very 8-4. '93-'99, average at best. If Peterman was able to deliver a top twenty program every year with a team that could compete for the P-12 every 3-4 I would love my family and myself again.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

What program have you all been watching, well, forever. This has never been the national program you all crave for. The closest we have ever been for more than three years would be from '77 - '84. '65-'76 was average to bad. '85-'89, very 8-4. '93-'99, average at best. If Peterman was able to deliver a top twenty program every year with a team that could compete for the P-12 every 3-4 I would love my family and myself again.

Sounds like you need perspective. LEAVE!
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment

Although I agree with your premise, you are cherry picking numbers to fit your narrative. We had a pretty good run from '89-'92. Coaches poll finishes at 20, 5, 1, 10. And yes, I'm cherry picking numbers to fit the contrary narrative.

At the end of the day, though, the entitled, impetulant crowd has a clouded their view of our place in college football. I love their passion, but their expectations, especially this year, are misguided.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyInAZ said:

Although I agree with your premise, you are cherry picking numbers to fit your narrative. We had a pretty good run from '89-'92. Coaches poll finishes at 20, 5, 1, 10. And yes, I'm cherry picking numbers to fit the contrary narrative.

At the end of the day, though, the entitled, impetulant crowd has a clouded their view of our place in college football. I love their passion, but their expectations, especially from 2004 - 2015, are misguided.
    lather rinse repeat

doogs gotta doog

die in a fire

LEAVE
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

He blamed the loss on youth and Stanford being a heck of a football team. It did not feel like he has the bar set high for his football team.

Noone outside a handful of Doogs here and what's left of the posters on Dawgtran did either.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

HuskyInAZ said:

At the end of the day, though, the entitled, impetulant crowd has a clouded their view of our place in college football. I love their passion, but their expectations, especially from 2004 - 2015, are misguided.
    lather rinse repeat

doogs gotta doog

die in a fire

LEAVE
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    HuskyInAZ said:

At the end of the day, though, the entitled, impetulant crowd has a clouded their view of our place in college football. I love their passion, but their expectations, especially this year, are misguided.
    I was present at 3 Rose Bowls - we won 2.

I think I went to a fucking Holiday Bowl or 2, but who gives a shit.

Go.fuck.yourself.

You.fucking.doog.