Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Petersen's post game comments...

PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
I don't give a shit about his presser, but this is probably how it's going to go.

"Stanford is the best team in the conference, no question and Palo Alto is a tough place to play, no question. No excuses on how we played. We just need to execute better. No question that McCaffrey is an amazing player, but we should have maybe keyed on him a little more. But then, you open yourself up to Hogan getting yards with his passing and running. Maybe we should have handed off the ball to Gaskin a few more times, but we felt that we had a good game plan on offense. We just have to execute the plays better. You have to realize that it's really hard to win a game with your starting quarterback being out. KJ just didn't get enough reps during the week to prepare for one of the best teams in the country."

Fuck! I'm sick of excuses, especially since the coaches' fucktardedness is painfully obvious.

Comments

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Not enough "it's really hard."
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,890
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Yeah I don't really give a shit. Sark's excuse clichés were amusing to a degree. I just want to fucking win and have some pride in this program. It does feel like it will never happen sometimes.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Unless Petersen kicks things off with, "Jonathan Smith is no longer the offensive coordinator" I don't want to hear any of it.

Better yet: "I have decided to step down as the head coach of the Washington Huskies football team. I just dismissed Jonathan Smith as the offensive coordinator. It's painfully obvious to me that I'm in over my head. I appreciate the opportunity that was given to me almost two years ago. But, as an honorable man, and for the good of the long-term success of this program, I must step down. That's all I have to say."

He gets up and leaves the presser.
    That would be amazing.

Hell, at this point I'd even settle if his pressers didn't include the words "youth", "hard", "difficult", or anything that praises the opposing coaching staff or players.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Unless Petersen kicks things off with, "Jonathan Smith is no longer the offensive coordinator" I don't want to hear any of it.

Better yet: "I have decided to step down as the head coach of the Washington Huskies football team. I just dismissed Jonathan Smith as the offensive coordinator. It's painfully obvious to me that I'm in over my head. I appreciate the opportunity that was given to me almost two years ago. But, as an honorable man, and for the good of the long-term success of this program, I must step down. That's all I have to say."

That would be amazing.

Hell, at this point I'd even settle if his pressers didn't include the words "youth", "hard", "difficult", or anything that praises the opposing coaching staff or players.
    No shit! I just want this grown-ass man to take responsibility as head coach. But then again, he knows his audience is a bunch of doogs and they'll buy all that shit.

Actually, @Haid_D_Salaami just put up a scathing post on Facebook about Petersen. Of course, one of his doog friends jumps in there and talks about how this team lost a bunch of players to the NFL, etc.

Typical fucking doog... "I feel some of your frustration. But I'm not going to give up on Peterson just yet. We lost some quality players to the NFL after last season. Including underclassmen. And honestly, I look at the success the Cougs are having this season and all they have gone through. Peterson's going to turn this program around. I love my Dawgs and will continue to follow and support them. And yeah, we kick ass when it comes to Crew!!!"
  • Options
    DawgtonaDawgtona Member Posts: 705
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

He blamed the loss on youth and Stanford being a heck of a football team. It did not feel like he has the bar set high for his football team.

Shit! De Soto should have come to Washington. Who knew the fountain of youth was in Montlake
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,890
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

He blamed the loss on youth and Stanford being a heck of a football team. It did not feel like he has the bar set high for his football team.

that sounds way too much like ty....or maybe gilblob
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

CCP vs. Shaw

4th and 3 vs. 4th and 14 inches.

Ready. Go.

• Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Has this team, and coaching staff - allegedly - reached the training wheels stage? This is exasperating.
  • Options
    HippopeteamusHippopeteamus Member Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

I don't give a shit about his presser, but this is probably how it's going to go.

"Stanford is the best team in the conference, no question and Palo Alto is a tough place to play, no question. No excuses on how we played. We just need to execute better. No question that McCaffrey is an amazing player, but we should have maybe keyed on him a little more. But then, you open yourself up to Hogan getting yards with his passing and running. Maybe we should have handed off the ball to Gaskin a few more times, but we felt that we had a good game plan on offense. We just have to execute the plays better. You have to realize that it's really hard to win a game with your starting quarterback being out. KJ just didn't get enough reps during the week to prepare for one of the best teams in the country."

Fuck! I'm sick of excuses, especially since the coaches' fucktardedness is painfully obvious.

Will he say the same thing when we lose to Utah, WSU, and OSU? They call can't be the best teams in the conference.
  • Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited October 2015
    Utah best in the South. WSU wannabe best in the North. OSU who gives shit, except if we lose?
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

But...but...who would you hire that's better? Huh? I'd like to see you be AD