Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jonathan Smith

Comments

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Houhusky said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Houhusky said:

@Tequilla Oct 2015 - "I've been saying for a while that Smith (and Pease) should be fired at end of season ... failure to do so by Petersen puts it on him and would be a fireable event in my mind"

@Tequilla Feb 2016 - "But I don't think it is indefensible to give Smith another crack with a more experienced team and not risk setting back some still young players with a new playbook and system in Year #2."

I like to say that Petersen should be fired if he doesnt get rid of Smith and then say its not indefensible to give Smith another season... that is what I like to do.

What changed? Other than the 2nd half of the season, nothing. But changing opinion based on demonstrated improvement in performance playing worse teams is an executable offense.
    FTFY

"Tie a cement rock to the foot and throw him off [Smith] Alcatraz on the way home" to "Smith did just enough" because UW beat up on some of the worst defensive teams in the country to finish out the season.

You act like it was a surprise UW finished out the season against WSU, OSU, and some shit tier bowl team.
    First 6 games, opponents record 42-35
    Last 6 games, opponents record 43-35

Next.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    HuskyInAZ said:

Houhusky said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Houhusky said:

@Tequilla Oct 2015 - "I've been saying for a while that Smith (and Pease) should be fired at end of season ... failure to do so by Petersen puts it on him and would be a fireable event in my mind"

@Tequilla Feb 2016 - "But I don't think it is indefensible to give Smith another crack with a more experienced team and not risk setting back some still young players with a new playbook and system in Year #2."

I like to say that Petersen should be fired if he doesnt get rid of Smith and then say its not indefensible to give Smith another season... that is what I like to do.

What changed? Other than the 2nd half of the season, nothing. But changing opinion based on demonstrated improvement in performance playing worse teams is an executable offense.
    FTFY

"Tie a cement rock to the foot and throw him off [Smith] Alcatraz on the way home" to "Smith did just enough" because UW beat up on some of the worst defensive teams in the country to finish out the season.

You act like it was a surprise UW finished out the season against WSU, OSU, and some shit tier bowl team.

Next.
    "But they beat the Coogs"

• Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

HuskyInAZ said:

Houhusky said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Houhusky said:

FTFY

Next.
    You probably think you made a point
    Its hard, Race.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

Tie a cement rock to the foot and throw him off Alcatraz on the way home ...

If Petersen needs any more proof to fire this clown, the first half + first drive of the second half should have broke the camel's back ...

Enough said on that and this game ...

I've been saying for a while that Smith (and Pease) should be fired at end of season ... failure to do so by Petersen puts it on him and would be a fireable event in my mind

Fireable event? New most fucktarded post of young new year, maybe of all time. Congrats buttfuck!
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Tequilla has been saying he needs to be fired at the end of the season for awhile, I don't get why you guys get on him about it?

Fuck

Because it's not the coordinators, it's the HC.

Are you new here???

HTH
    Thomas you've always been new here. Football is a rough sport, leave it to grown men to discuss. Now Shen Yun? Fire away!
  • Options

HuskyInAZ said:

Houhusky said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Houhusky said:

FTFY

Next.
    Let me try again, old-timer. On average, the quality of opponents at the beginning of the year was on par with the quality of opponents at the end of the year.

Screw that. Win or GTFO. Fire Peterman today.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyInAZ said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Houhusky said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Houhusky said:

FTFY

Next.
    Let me try again, old-timer. On average, the quality of opponents at the beginning of the year was on par with the quality of opponents at the end of the year.

That's not true at all
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Tequilla said:

If Petersen needs any more proof to fire this clown, the first half + first drive of the second half should have broke the camel's back ...

I've been saying for a while that Smith (and Pease) should be fired at end of season ... failure to do so by Petersen puts it on him and would be a fireable event in my mind

Fireable event? New most fucktarded post of young new year, maybe of all time. Congrats buttfuck!
    Do you even know how the quote function works?
  • Options

HuskyInAZ said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Houhusky said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Houhusky said:

FTFY

Next.

That's not true at all
    You may not want it to be true, but the facts say otherwise.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

I said that back in November ... get back to your meds
  • Options

You have excuses every time you are wrong. You are never wrong, just like Aubbie is meet wrong. I appreciate you even though I hate you as a poster and i question whether AuburnDawg is one of your two dads.

I'm wrong plenty ... anybody that thinks that they are right all (or even a vast majority) of the time is full of shit.

Now, if I don't sit there and say "I'm wrong" enough for your liking ... then tough shit. And BTW, when I do say that I was wrong, or perhaps take new information and form a new opinion, I get hit with the "moving the goalposts" crap.

I learned a long time ago that regardless of what I say or do, for whatever reason people have some kind of opinion about it. There are people that are 100% in my corner and will do anything for me. There are other people that want to take shots at me any opportunity that they get. Such is life.

Glad that you appreciate the podcast ... we try to keep it light hearted and entertaining while balancing some amount of seriousness. Delicate balance.
  • Options
    Dardanus said:

HuskyInAZ said:

HuskyInAZ said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Houhusky said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Houhusky said:

FTFY

Next.

That's not true at all

I like to equate 6 games (3 P12, 2 MW, 1 Big Sky) to 6 games (6 P12). I do that.
    I'm not exactly sure what you're implying here.

You would think that the offensive results should be better against 3 P12, 2 MW, and 1 Big Sky teams than against 6 P12 conference teams - agreed?
  • Options
    Dardanus said:

HuskyInAZ said:

HuskyInAZ said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Houhusky said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Houhusky said:

FTFY

Next.

That's not true at all

I like to equate 6 games (3 P12, 2 MW, 1 Big Sky) to 6 games (6 P12). I do that.
    That's kind of the point. The offense sucked in the 1st 6 games, but was substantially better the last 6 games.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye said:

I think if Roadie and Teq would just fuck already things would be better for everyone.

They've been scissoring since last night.