Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Watching Clemson and Baylor pour on points

Want to deep throat a 12 gauge. Fuck you Petersen.

Comments

• Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

Also, Clemson's offense is #young and they lost their star offensive coordinator.

No fucking excuses.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,167
    Dabo Swinney first three years

2008 Clemson 4–3[A 1] 3–2 T–3rd (Atlantic) L Gator
    2009 Clemson 9–5 6–2 1st (Atlantic) W Music City 24
    2010 Clemson 6–7 4–4 T–4th (Atlantic) L Meineke Car Care

Art Briles first three years

2008 Baylor 4–8 2–6 T–5th (South)
    2009 Baylor 4–8 1–7 6th (South)
    2010 Baylor 7–6 4–4 4th (South) L Texas
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,698 Founders Club
    Mad_Son said:

Dabo Swinney first three years

2008 Clemson 4–3[A 1] 3–2 T–3rd (Atlantic) L Gator
    2009 Clemson 9–5 6–2 1st (Atlantic) W Music City 24
    2010 Clemson 6–7 4–4 T–4th (Atlantic) L Meineke Car Care

Art Briles first three years

2008 Baylor 4–8 2–6 T–5th (South)
    2009 Baylor 4–8 1–7 6th (South)
    2010 Baylor 7–6 4–4 4th (South) L Texas

I don't know much about either of these guys, but are they system guys like Petersen? Will they run the same shitfuck offensive scheme regardless of the talent they have or will they adjust their offense to fit the talent?

Also, Clemson's offense is #young and they lost their star offensive coordinator.

No fucking excuses.
    Comparing our depth chart to Clemson's we are pretty much a year younger than them.

Clemson is a somewhat relevant comparison. Baylor and Briles is totally different. I don't love Baylor, but Briles is doing something nobody before him has done. Baylor was always terrible until a few years ago.

Clemson is a very relevant comparison. Briles took over a nothing and made it into something. Still he didn't do it overnight. It took him some time to get his guys in and turn Baylor into a winner. He is the exception to the year three rule (although maybe in year three despite a 4-8 record you could tell Baylor was really making improvement, I have no clue as I paid no attention to Baylor back then).

If Petersen can't get us to the point where we're putting up a lot of points he is the wrong guy. We've always known it can take time even for the right coach. The right coach can do it quickly. The wrong coach needs forever. That is the difference.

Clemson is a somewhat relevant comparison. Baylor and Briles is totally different. I don't love Baylor, but Briles is doing something nobody before him has done. Baylor was always terrible until a few years ago.

Clemson is a very relevant comparison. Briles took over a nothing and made it into something. Still he didn't do it overnight. It took him some time to get his guys in and turn Baylor into a winner. He is the exception to the year three rule (although maybe in year three despite a 4-8 record you could tell Baylor was really making improvement, I have no clue as I paid no attention to Baylor back then).

If Petersen can't get us to the point where we're putting up a lot of points he is the wrong guy. We've always known it can take time even for the right coach. The right coach can do it quickly. The wrong coach needs forever. That is the difference.
    "An error occurred while attempting to connect to the database|Gdn_Database|Connection|SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Connection timed out"

I blame Vanilla
    Comparing the bed-shitter to #mydeshaun is a joke.

About an hour ago I submitted an article to Derek where I identified Browning as the weak link. I do mention his upside but I acknowledge I omit the downside discussion. I guess my view is if Petersen can't make Browning perform at an acceptable level then he is the wrong guy so it is a moot point.
    Mad_Son said:

About an hour ago I submitted an article to Derek where I identified Browning as the weak link. I do mention his upside but I acknowledge I omit the downside discussion. I guess my view is if Petersen can't make Browning perform at an acceptable level then he is the wrong guy so it is a moot point.
    *mute poont

Mad_Son said:

*mute poont
    irregardless you no what i mean
    Also referring to my above double posts, obviously Briles was 7-6 and not 4-8 in year 3. The poont remains it wasn't the big winning year but you probably could see things were on track
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    It has very little to do with this thread, but I was watching Martavius Bryant on the Steelers dominate the other week. I went and looked up where he played in college and it was Clemson. Same team as Sammy Watkins and DeAndre Hopkins. They honestly might be the best WR corps of all time in college football.

The thing about Browning is... listen, I think he can be good... but anointing him the savior because of his HS stats was @PatHadenFS.

There was always a HUGE difference between a kid like Deshaun Watson (who prior to his ACL played like a fucking angel) and an upper middle class white kid who wins every game by 60 points, has Troy Taylor as a coach and every fucking advantage in life.

Jake should've started as a RS-Soph. The idea that he was going to come in and do something amazing was really weird and we are on the verge of ruining him.

He's already getting happy feet. He's breaking down when he doesn't know what to do, etc.

Sure, he's instinctual with ball placement and reading progressions, but he's not instinctual when it comes to a pocket breaking down. He's made one play in that scenario all season (against Sac State) and he's shit the bed every other time.

We've had the ball and a chance to win in all three of our losses and every time we've basically had a 3 and out with a sack or two.

The whole idea that Jake is the kind of guy that can do great as a true frosh was stupid.

What's even stupider is how complex our offense is and that every last fucking QB who plays in it sucks because our offensive coaches want every QB to be Kellen Moore.

FUCK PETERSEN.

Enough said about that.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

The thing about Browning is... listen, I think he can be good... but anointing him the savior because of his HS stats was @PatHadenFS.

There was always a HUGE difference between a kid like Deshaun Watson (who prior to his ACL played like a fucking angel) and an upper middle class white kid who wins every game by 60 points, has Troy Taylor as a coach and every fucking advantage in life.

Jake should've started as a RS-Soph. The idea that he was going to come in and do something amazing was really weird and we are on the verge of ruining him.

He's already getting happy feet. He's breaking down when he doesn't know what to do, etc.

Sure, he's instinctual with ball placement and reading progressions, but he's not instinctual when it comes to a pocket breaking down. He's made one play in that scenario all season (against Sac State) and he's shit the bed every other time.

We've had the ball and a chance to win in all three of our losses and every time we've basically had a 3 and out with a sack or two.

The whole idea that Jake is the kind of guy that can do great as a true frosh was stupid.

What's even stupider is how complex our offense is and that every last fucking QB who plays in it sucks because our offensive coaches want every QB to be Kellen Moore.

FUCK PETERSEN.

If they just kept it simple I think Browning could be serviceable. By trying to make him Kellen Moore, he's a liability.

If I had to make an early bet, Browning ends up an average to slightly above average Pac 12 QB. He's just not very physically talented. Guys his size with weak arms and limited mobility typically aren't that good and always have limitations.

It would have been interesting to watch Kellen Moore play in the Pac 12. He was an incredible player FOR his size and physical ability. But if you compare him to Luck and Mariota he sucks. If you even compare him to Foles or Barkley, he's a step below. Those guys could have dominated at Boise State too. Sean Mannion and Brett Hundley too. The obsession is FS.

FUCK PETERSEN.

If they just kept it simple I think Browning could be serviceable. By trying to make him Kellen Moore, he's a liability.

If I had to make an early bet, Browning ends up an average to slightly above average Pac 12 QB. He's just not very physically talented. Guys his size with weak arms and limited mobility typically aren't that good and always have limitations.

It would have been interesting to watch Kellen Moore play in the Pac 12. He was an incredible player FOR his size and physical ability. But if you compare him to Luck and Mariota he sucks. If you even compare him to Foles or Barkley, he's a step below. Those guys could have dominated at Boise State too. Sean Mannion and Brett Hundley too. The obsession is FS.
    Troy Williams, Cyler Miles (yes I said it!), KJ Carter-Grail and possibly Jed Ingvar Lundqvist could have also been serviceable if they didn't have this brain lock fucking PhD Kellen Moore offense.

It's so fucking dumb it's unreal. It was literally my worst nightmare with the Pete hire.

I was hoping that it was just him adjusting to Moore's skill set and that he was good at that.

Obviously he's just a stubborn fuck-head. Fuck.
    Fuck Kellen Moore.

• BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279

It has very little to do with this thread, but I was watching Martavius Bryant on the Steelers dominate the other week. I went and looked up where he played in college and it was Clemson. Same team as Sammy Watkins and DeAndre Hopkins. They honestly might be the best WR corps of all time in college football.

Those 3 tore Urban Meyer and Ohio State to shreds in the 2014 Orange bowel. Watkins especially.