Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Real Talk

Options

Comments

• HeretoBeatmyChest
    HeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Options
    Michigan returned 17 starters from a 5-7 team last year. It is a very experienced team that has recruited better than UW in recent years. They are getting better with each game. UW should look like that next season. Problem is Petersen's dreck offense (worst in the conference last year in all the advanced stats and worst again so far this year) is an impediment to that. He needs to bring in a real OC and turn the offense over.
  • TierbsHsotBoobs
    TierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Options

Michigan returned 17 starters from a 5-7 team last year. It is a very experienced team that has recruited better than UW in recent years. They are getting better with each game. UW should look like that next season. Problem is Petersen's dreck offense (worst in the conference last year in all the advanced stats and worst again so far this year) is an impediment to that. He needs to bring in a real OC and turn the offense over.

UW should have improved for 14 years in a row.

How about they actually do it before we pop off?
  • doogsinparadise
    doogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    Options
    Michigan was worse than Washington last year, so of course they should be better than Washington this year with a terrible transfer qb from Iowa? Huh?
  • pawz
    pawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,049 Founders Club
    Options
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

2001400ex said:

topdawgnc said:

I want to know why schools like Stanford and Kal can make coaching changes and actually start to see progress.

Every fucking year it is the same shit with UW.

Like Tedford?
    http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/92479/pac-12-bowl-projections-utah-to-the-college-football-playoff

Cal to the Rose Bowl
    Awfully warm out for December.

Our Boors haven't beaten anyone yet.
    I'm just the massinger. Still expecting 7-5, maybe 8-4, in what is supposed to be Our Year of Opportunity. Flabbergasted! that anybody who is even remotely fuckingly paying attention would poont to Cal as seeing progress from its coaching changes.
    Time to register BoorHalfBrains.com. Ground floor opportunity!
  • DontCallMeShirley
    DontCallMeShirley Member Posts: 283
    Options
    Might as well not play the games then.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsi
    CokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    Options
    topdawgnc said:

I want to know why schools like Stanford and Kal can make coaching changes and actually start to see progress.

It's taken Kal 4 (I think) years of Dykes
  • HeretoBeatmyChest
    edited October 2015
    Options

Michigan was worse than Washington last year, so of course they should be better than Washington this year with a terrible transfer qb from Iowa? Huh?

Michigan was barely worse than UW last year. They returned 17 starters. Most of their team is seniors. Throw in the new coach bounce and they'd win 7/8 games anyway. They probably finish 9-3.

UW is one of the least experienced, youngest teams in the country. 7/11 starters on offense are freshman or sophomores. The QB and 3/5 of the OL are freshman. Its a rebuilding year and if you can't admit that you should never post again. However, the offense which has been the worst in the league since Pete started should be criticized. With a half decent offense UW wins the north the next two years.

And Michigan will be worse next year. 18 of their 24 starters are seniors. Year 2 and 3 will be rebuilding time for Harbaugh.
  • TierbsHsotBoobs
    TierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Options

Michigan was barely worse than UW last year. They returned 17 starters. Most of their team is seniors. Throw in the new coach bounce and they'd win 7/8 games anyway. They probably finish 9-3.

UW is one of the least experienced, youngest teams in the country. 7/11 starters on offense are freshman or sophomores. The QB and 3/5 of the OL are freshman. Its a rebuilding year and if you can't admit that you should never post again. However, the offense which has been the worst in the league since Pete started should be criticized. With a half decent offense UW wins the north the next two years.

And Michigan will be worse next year. 18 of their 24 starters are seniors. Year 2 and 3 will be rebuilding time for Harbaugh.
    So you're telling us that Peterman underachieved last year then?
  • BearsWiin
    BearsWiin Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    pawz said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

2001400ex said:

topdawgnc said:

Like Tedford?
    http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/92479/pac-12-bowl-projections-utah-to-the-college-football-playoff

Cal to the Rose Bowl

I'm just the massinger. Still expecting 7-5, maybe 8-4, in what is supposed to be Our Year of Opportunity. Flabbergasted! that anybody who is even remotely fuckingly paying attention would poont to Cal as seeing progress from its coaching changes.
    Time to register BoorHalfBrains.com. Ground floor opportunity!
    Waay past time to do that. Been a BoorHalfBrain in spirit since the 2009 game at Autzen.
  • RoadDawg55
    RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123 Swaye's Wigwam
    Options

Why does Michigan automatically have a new coach bounce worth 2-3 wins, yet Petersen took UW backwards after taking over for a very mediocre coach? Petersen wouldn't lead this year's Michigan team to 9 wins. Rudock, Petersen, and Smith is a recipe for a dreckfest offense.
  • topdawgnc
    topdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Options

topdawgnc said:

It's taken Kal 4 (I think) years of Dykes
    Year 3

1-11
    5-7

Staring off 5-0 and ranked.

We're (?) fucked
  • doogsinparadise
    doogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    Options

We're so fucking young! I've got all the screenshots I need from you on Harbaugh, I'll take the over next year.
  • claycha
    claycha Member Posts: 662
    Options

Jesus fucking Christ. How many more of these long winded TSIO posts are going to happen by the end of the year?

"We" like the number seven
  • jecornel
    jecornel Member Posts: 9,684 Standard Supporter
    Options
    Is 6-7 wins too much to ask in the shit PAC-9?
  • HeretoBeatmyChest
    Options
    jecornel said:

Is 6-7 wins too much to ask in the shit PAC-9?

This year yes. But every other year no. 4 or 5 was my hope for this year.
  • PostGameOrangeSlices
    PostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,826 Founders Club
    Options

BearsWiin said:

2001400ex said:

topdawgnc said:

Like Tedford?

Cal to the Rose Bowl

Our?
  • Southerndawg
    Southerndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,248 Founders Club
    Options

Agree up to Michigan being worse next year. I get what you're saying regarding experience, but not really buying an automatic drop off because of it. Harbaugh has already changed the culture there, the younger players will develop very fast under him, that's been his MO. LIPO.