Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bernie interviewed by the The Des Moines Register Editorial Board

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,607
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Obamacare fucks the middle class too

Just trying to help
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    OZONE said:

Doesn't matter. Biden will make a late entry and Sanders will be plungered in the polls.

Seriously doubt that. Biden doesn't want the job of campaigning.

Huh? Cause he hasn't run twice already?

FS...
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

OZONE said:

Doesn't matter. Biden will make a late entry and Sanders will be plungered in the polls.

Oh, and to your prior claim that Bernie is a wimp, google the news reports that a few of his former employees have complained that he is an ass hole that worked them too hard.
    Biden might not even have to run. Recent polls show Hillary actually growing her lead on Sanders. How that's possible I have no idea. But if Bernie can't pass Hillary now, he never will. Frankly, I think all three would be a disaster, so I really don't have a dog in the fight. Sanders is way too far left to be considered, kind of the same problem Cruz (too far right) has in the republican race. I think Bernie is more qualified than Hillary. But his positions just don't connect with middle america. The dems know this, which is way they are throwing everything at Biden to run.

I don't think I ever called Bernie a wimp. I don't know enough about him yet to make that assumption, so I'm wrong if I did. I know I called Obama a wimp many times, which he is.
    Many of his positions do. The media likes to paint him as fringe because their bosses will pay higher taxes if he's elected. Like Ozone said he doesn't really represent the top 1-2% who are interested in only tax dodging, offshore accounts, and low tax rates. That still leaves 98%.
    T's and P's... You gots da fever bad
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,561
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

The middle class won't get any relief from Sanders and will likely get fucked worse. Those programs don't pay for themselves.

Look at who pays for all this green bullshit. Raising the price of gas hurts the poor and middle

Fuck all ya all

My favorite part is all my friends who like Bernie's idea for free college. Most of them are in student loan debt, so I guess they wanna pay twice.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    PurpleJ said:

The middle class won't get any relief from Sanders and will likely get fucked worse. Those programs don't pay for themselves.

Look at who pays for all this green bullshit. Raising the price of gas hurts the poor and middle

Fuck all ya all

My favorite part is all my friends who like Bernie's idea for free college. Most of them are in student loan debt, so I guess they wanna pay twice.
    This is also a stupid idea. Lets give students a free pass and no consequences for screwing up. Obtaining student debt is incentive for these students not to major in underwater basket weaving and actually try and study to make a living. Without having to pay back loans, students can take whatever they want without any consequence from taking FS classes and FS majors
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,334
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

PurpleJ said:

Fuck all ya all

This is also a stupid idea. Lets give students a free pass and no consequences for screwing up. Obtaining student debt is incentive for these students not to major in underwater basket weaving and actually try and study to make a living. Without having to pay back loans, students can take whatever they want without any consequence from taking FS classes and FS majors
    I think they should make college free for anyone at anytime. That way I can go to school forever and never get any job. Also, the gubmint should pay my room and board while I'm studying with no consequences. I just can't wait to go back to living in the dorms.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,561
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

Fuck all ya all

You need to learn how the government works. You see, they own all your money, they just let you keep what they want.
  • Options
    TheGlove said:

PurpleJ said:

Fuck all ya all

I think they should make college free for anyone at anytime. That way I can go to school forever and never get any job. Also, the gubmint should pay my room and board while I'm studying with no consequences. I just can't wait to go back to living in the dorms.
    That's my point
  • Options
    OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

He is in favor of doing away with NAFTA to help bring back more middle class jobs to Americans. I thought you were one of the posters crying about the unemployment and underemployment rates? Or is that one of your other handles?
  • Options
    edited September 2015

Free shit always resonates with those that will never obtain it otherwise.

You mean like Bush's dad paying for his college education?

Regardless, Sanders isn't proposing more free shit. He is proposing higher minimum wages, fairer international trade (doing away with NAFTA or renegotiating it), removing incentives for Corporations to offshore the facilities and jobs, and removing some of the tax loopholes that certain companies enjoy.

Nothing free in any of that.
  • Options

TheGlove said:

PurpleJ said:

Fuck all ya all

That's my point
    I know man. The fucking libs. All they want to do is give shit away. No accountability. No consequences. I'll be damned if they take my hard earned money to make education free. It's making a mockery of this country. There is so many unemployed, yet educated folks out here already sucking off the welfare teat. It needs to end. No free fucking education for anyone.
  • Options

Fuck all ya all

The president controls the price of gas?
  • Options

OZONE said:

Huh? Cause he hasn't run twice already?

Which is probably why he doesn't want to do it again. Plus his son's death took some of the wind out of his sails.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheGlove said:

Fuck all ya all

Only Bush

California has a 60 cent a gallon tax for climate change. And wants more.

What does closing coal plants do to electric prices?

What does not drilling and building pipelines do to prices?

Simple economics son. No one was insulting your boyfriend
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    OZONE said:

He is in favor of doing away with NAFTA to help bring back more middle class jobs to Americans. I thought you were one of the posters crying about the unemployment and underemployment rates? Or is that one of your other handles?
    Or are you full of shit?
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

TheGlove said:

Fuck all ya all

Only Bush

California has a 60 cent a gallon tax for climate change. And wants more.

What does closing coal plants do to electric prices?

What does not drilling and building pipelines do to prices?

Simple economics son. No one was insulting your boyfriend
    Domestic oil production is up every year the last 6. After more than 8 straight years of decline, what's your point?
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    That's it's peaked and falling off a cliff right now, perhaps?
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    TheGlove said:

TheGlove said:

PurpleJ said:

Fuck all ya all

That's my point
    I know man. The fucking libs. All they want to do is give shit away. No accountability. No consequences. I'll be damned if they take my hard earned money to make education free. It's making a mockery of this country. There is so many unemployed, yet educated folks out here already sucking off the welfare teat. It needs to end. No free fucking education for anyone.
    I actually don't have a problem with the government paying for college tuition as long as it's incentive based. For instance, students need to maintain certain GPA levels for core classes, they have to volunteer, or join a work program through the university.

If they screw around, then they get kicked off the program and have to pay it back.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

That's it's peaked and falling off a cliff right now, perhaps?

Yes, price of oil dropped under the cost of extraction.

But let me ask you this, if production is falling off a cliff, why isn't the price of gas soaring?