Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Fan Podcast: Utah St Wrap Up, Cal Preview

Comments

• Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    droski said:

Tequilla said:

droski said:

Tequilla said:

What about these demographics? Are you beating your chest as a California superiority guy that suggests that there's no such thing as a good player developed anywhere outside of California?

Clearly you don't know much about UW football history because the program has historically been tied to recruiting the best in the State of Washington (7-12 recruits a year) combined with getting kids from California, Hawaii, and other Northwest states.

Unless you are saying that there's not going to be a population elsewhere than California, we'll be just fine. It's always been about whether or not we have had the right coach in place ... when we do, we win and win at a high level.

Don't you have another rugby national championship to go crow about anyway?

you won because USC and UCLA and Oregon were down and james was roiding the shit out of your players.
    Either the Oregon part is a giant whoosh or you don't know what the fuck you're talking about ... either way, it's not interesting.
    The point is it was a period where you had almost zero competition recruiting wise. I don't think Oregon will be a power long term either
    Yeah.

It shows.

Fuck off.

• Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,969
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited September 2015

Joe Kapp says hello

My father-in-law was a frat brother of his

[namedrop]
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    Is this guy the Boors version of @Auburndawg ?
  • Options
    droskidroski Member Posts: 106
    First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Up Votes

droski said:

Tequilla said:

droski said:

Tequilla said:

What about these demographics? Are you beating your chest as a California superiority guy that suggests that there's no such thing as a good player developed anywhere outside of California?

Clearly you don't know much about UW football history because the program has historically been tied to recruiting the best in the State of Washington (7-12 recruits a year) combined with getting kids from California, Hawaii, and other Northwest states.

Unless you are saying that there's not going to be a population elsewhere than California, we'll be just fine. It's always been about whether or not we have had the right coach in place ... when we do, we win and win at a high level.

you won because USC and UCLA and Oregon were down and james was roiding the shit out of your players.
    Either the Oregon part is a giant whoosh or you don't know what the fuck you're talking about ... either way, it's not interesting.
    The point is it was a period where you had almost zero competition recruiting wise. I don't think Oregon will be a power long term either
    Dude you couldn't win at that pos school with
    Aaron Rodgers
    Lynch
    CJ Anderson
    Justin forset
    Keenan Allen
    DeSean Jackson.
    So STFU

Thanks for Nnamdi though
    I seem to remember kicking your ass with those guys
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    I really like @droski. My kind of guy. So what if he's gay?
  • Options
    section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    droski said:

droski said:

Tequilla said:

droski said:

Tequilla said:

Dude you couldn't win at that pos school with
    Aaron Rodgers
    Lynch
    CJ Anderson
    Justin forset
    Keenan Allen
    DeSean Jackson.
    So STFU

Thanks for Nnamdi though
    I seem to remember kicking your ass with those guys
    Casey Paus
    Rich Alexis
    Reggie Williams
    Charles Fredricks.

Ya id brag about that too

• Options
    droskidroski Member Posts: 106
    First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Up Votes

I really like @droski. My kind of guy. So what if he's gay?

I appreciate your open mindedness
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

The Huskies beat Cal in 1982, and led 50-0 at halftime, if memory serves me. (Won the game 50-7, playing backups in the second half).

Joe Kapp refused to shake Don James's hand after the game. He was pissed because after Cal got called for a personal foul after a UW TD, the Huskies got to kick off from the Cal 45 yard line. Don James elected to kick an onside kick, which was what pissed off Kapp. Said James later: "We were on Cal's 45- yard line. I wasn't about to just kick the ball into the damn lake."

Twitter would explode if that happened today, just an epic hot take meltdown.
  • Options
    SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 919
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    This thread got AIDS.

Great cast. Cornell brought it. Chest and Roadie solid as always
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited September 2015
    droski said:

Tequilla said:

you won because USC and UCLA and Oregon were down and james was roiding the shit out of your players. Doesn't seem very repeatable to me. There isn't a single power not located within driving distance of major talent. the days of Nebraska and Washington getting by by the major powers being down and steroids are long gone. sorry.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,978
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    droski said:

MisterEm said:

droski said:

Gladstone said:

Also it was a great point in mentioning that the strength of our D (secondary, even with BB potentially out) matches up well with Cal.

you are 98th in the country in sacks. that doesn't sound like a good matchup to me.
    You are CAL.

HTH
    Did I wake up in a world where Washington was good?
    Rodgers, Lynch, and Desean are long gone and your fanbase is mostly faggy nerds. Kal is irrelevant.

HTH
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,410
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

The Huskies beat Cal in 1982, and led 50-0 at halftime, if memory serves me. (Won the game 50-7, playing backups in the second half).

Joe Kapp refused to shake Don James's hand after the game. He was pissed because after Cal got called for a personal foul after a UW TD, the Huskies got to kick off from the Cal 45 yard line. Don James elected to kick an onside kick, which was what pissed off Kapp. Said James later: "We were on Cal's 45- yard line. I wasn't about to just kick the ball into the damn lake."

James also noted after the game that the Husky third string needed work
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,000
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Cal has not won the conference in my lifetime or been to a rose bowl and I am 33. Just sayin. Plus they are not in the pac12 south. Everyone knows the south is loaded.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,969

Cal has not won the conference in my lifetime or been to a rose bowl and I am 33. Just sayin. Plus they are not in the pac12 south. Everyone knows the south is loaded.

The Bears were Pac-10 co-champs in 2006, but USC had the tiebreaking head-to-head win that sent them to the Rose Bowl. Just sayin.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,410
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

The Bears were Pac-10 co-champs in 2006, but USC had the tiebreaking head-to-head win that sent them to the Rose Bowl. Just sayin.
    Co champs who lost the tie breaker is kind of a Duck thing. I was a big fan of those Tedford teams though. His descent into shittiness remains a mystery to me. I was a big booster of stealing him.