Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Fan Podcast: Utah St Wrap Up, Cal Preview

Comments

• Options
    droskidroski Member Posts: 106
    First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    MisterEm said:

droski said:

Gladstone said:

Also it was a great point in mentioning that the strength of our D (secondary, even with BB potentially out) matches up well with Cal.

you are 98th in the country in sacks. that doesn't sound like a good matchup to me.
    You are CAL.

HTH
    Did I wake up in a world where Washington was good?
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    droski said:

MisterEm said:

droski said:

Gladstone said:

Also it was a great point in mentioning that the strength of our D (secondary, even with BB potentially out) matches up well with Cal.

you are 98th in the country in sacks. that doesn't sound like a good matchup to me.
    You are CAL.

HTH
    Did I wake up in a world where Washington was good?
    emerging from worst period in program history

6 in a row over you

• Options
    Gladstone said:

6 in a row over you

hate to break it to you, but this has been among the worst periods in cal football history too, so congrats for that. difference being Washington will never be relevant again ever. you guys need to learn a little about demographics.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    droski said:

Gladstone said:

6 in a row over you

hate to break it to you, but this has been among the worst periods in cal football history too, so congrats for that. difference being Washington will never be relevant again ever. you guys need to learn a little about demographics.
    you are cal
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

you are cal

I am? Weird shit.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,817
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    droski said:

Gladstone said:

6 in a row over you

What about these demographics? Are you beating your chest as a California superiority guy that suggests that there's no such thing as a good player developed anywhere outside of California?

Clearly you don't know much about UW football history because the program has historically been tied to recruiting the best in the State of Washington (7-12 recruits a year) combined with getting kids from California, Hawaii, and other Northwest states.

Unless you are saying that there's not going to be a population elsewhere than California, we'll be just fine. It's always been about whether or not we have had the right coach in place ... when we do, we win and win at a high level.

Don't you have another rugby national championship to go crow about anyway?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,410
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    droski said:

Gladstone said:

6 in a row over you

How can we tell?

Joe Kapp says hello
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Tequilla said:

What about these demographics? Are you beating your chest as a California superiority guy that suggests that there's no such thing as a good player developed anywhere outside of California?

Clearly you don't know much about UW football history because the program has historically been tied to recruiting the best in the State of Washington (7-12 recruits a year) combined with getting kids from California, Hawaii, and other Northwest states.

Unless you are saying that there's not going to be a population elsewhere than California, we'll be just fine. It's always been about whether or not we have had the right coach in place ... when we do, we win and win at a high level.

you won because USC and UCLA and Oregon were down and james was roiding the shit out of your players. Doesn't seem very repeatable to me. There isn't a single power not located within driving distance of major talent. the days of Nebraska and Washington getting by by the major powers being down and steroids are long gone. sorry.
  • Options

How can we tell?

Joe Kapp says hello

if your best example is from 35 years ago, I think I've made my point.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,410
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    droski said:

How can we tell?

Joe Kapp says hello

if your best example is from 35 years ago, I think I've made my point.
    the point is it is easier to pinpoint the few good years than to go over all the bad years

Hope this helps

Cal sucks
  • Options

the point is it is easier to pinpoint the few good years than to go over all the bad years

Hope this helps

Cal sucks

you have one more pac-12 championship historically than we do. congrats.
  • Options
    SpoogeDawgSpoogeDawg Member Posts: 379
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic
    droski said:

Hope this helps

Cal sucks

Please dive off the Golden Gate Bridge asshater. Sanford reject trying to make Cal look bad?
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

droski said:

Tequilla said:

you won because USC and UCLA and Oregon were down and james was roiding the shit out of your players.
    Either the Oregon part is a giant whoosh or you don't know what the fuck you're talking about ... either way, it's not interesting.
    The point is it was a period where you had almost zero competition recruiting wise. I don't think Oregon will be a power long term either
  • Options

droski said:

Hope this helps

Cal sucks

Please dive off the Golden Gate Bridge asshater. Sanford reject trying to make Cal look bad?

I don't think for your sake that you want to start comparing academic credentials
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    droski said:

Tequilla said:

you won because USC and UCLA and Oregon were down and james was roiding the shit out of your players. Doesn't seem very repeatable to me. There isn't a single power not located within driving distance of major talent. the days of Nebraska and Washington getting by by the major powers being down and steroids are long gone. sorry.