Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Facts only: The Pac-12 after week one

Comments

• BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    dnc said:

Not a great weekend and conference cheerleading (or the opposite) is pretty gay but

Colorado is still horrible. That loss to HI isn't a shock. WSU's loss, while hilarious, hurts.

Kal, SC, UCLA all took care of business, as did the Utes.

Arizona didn't play great, but like I've said, UTSA isn't a pushover that one can just chalk up an auto 77-0 w.

Stanfraud looked bad on offense from what I saw. ASU kept up with aTm until the last few minutes. Both losses are disappointing , but aren't catastrophic or an indictment of conference strength either.

Pac12s rep will take a major hit next week. And the media will say Big10 took back the mantle for #2. Stanford already lost to NW; and I think next week Big10 goes 3-0 vs the Pac12.

MSU over Ducks
    Harbaugh over TheGlovesWhiteAmericaHelmetFuckingLosers
    Rutgers over Coogs

All home games for b1g. I also think Nd looks primed to sweep SC/Stanford this year, or at least split.

The one reprieve is Cal looks set-up to blow out Texas, but who gives a fuck really, and they could always Kal it.

FagJ InlandEmpireBannon, and Sven will have a banner year. Cook it.
    The Pac-12's only hopes are the LA schools. The conference isn't dead yet, but damn.
    Oregon will get it together. But still that's a 10-2 team.

And still with how drecky the ACC looks, I still think an 11-2 Pac12 champ gets in the playoff. ND will fuck up somewhere along the way, and the ACC is worse than the pac12 if FSU isn't winning at a high level.
    You're forgetting about 13-0 Boise State and 11-1 Michigan State though.

It's going to be very difficult for a two loss team from this dreckfest to get in.
    Boise? lulz. good one.

Don't think a conference would get a second team in over a 11-2 champ from the Pac12 (or ACC or ND). The committee clearly put a premium on conference champs last year. A 10-3 champ is maybe a different story, however.
    Because they had six one loss teams to choose from the conference title was the tiebreaker. We haven't seen them take a two loss conference champ over a one loss team that lost the conference. I would be very surprised if they do that, especially from a conference that has underperformed OOC like the Pac.
    While true, everything they've put out so far has indicated they would.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Not a great weekend and conference cheerleading (or the opposite) is pretty gay but

Colorado is still horrible. That loss to HI isn't a shock. WSU's loss, while hilarious, hurts.

Arizona didn't play great, but like I've said, UTSA isn't a pushover that one can just chalk up an auto 77-0 w.

Stanfraud looked bad on offense from what I saw. ASU kept up with aTm until the last few minutes. Both losses are disappointing , but aren't catastrophic or an indictment of conference strength either.

Pac12s rep will take a major hit next week. And the media will say Big10 took back the mantle for #2. Stanford already lost to NW; and I think next week Big10 goes 3-0 vs the Pac12.

MSU over Ducks
    Rutgers over Coogs

All home games for b1g. I also think Nd looks primed to sweep SC/Stanford this year, or at least split.

The one reprieve is Cal looks set-up to blow out Texas, but who gives a fuck really, and they could always Kal it.

The Pac-12's only hopes are the LA schools. The conference isn't dead yet, but damn.

And still with how drecky the ACC looks, I still think an 11-2 Pac12 champ gets in the playoff. ND will fuck up somewhere along the way, and the ACC is worse than the pac12 if FSU isn't winning at a high level.

It's going to be very difficult for a two loss team from this dreckfest to get in.
    Boise? lulz. good one.

Don't think a conference would get a second team in over a 11-2 champ from the Pac12 (or ACC or ND). The committee clearly put a premium on conference champs last year. A 10-3 champ is maybe a different story, however.
    11-1 MSU would have a head to head win over 11-2 Oregon though.

Also worth nothing: There were no non-champions worth considering last year.
    TTJ said:

If UW can find a running game, it should easily finish in the top half of El Norte.

Worst. Accomplishment. Ever.

ATM took the top player out of Arizona the last two years and kicked ASU's ass with them.

That speaks volumes about Pac 12 recruiting

Arizona and ASU never keep their top players in-state. Probably never will.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club

ATM took the top player out of Arizona the last two years and kicked ASU's ass with them.

10 other pac 12 teams didn't get them either

10 other pac 12 teams didn't get them either
    I guess the conference shouldn't even bother recruiting the state of Arizona.

I also bet Kyle Allen ends up back in the pac12 after Murray takes the job for good. Probably to one of the Arizona schools.
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,793
    TTJ said:

If UW can find a running game, it should easily finish in the top half of El Norte.

How about a vertical passing game?
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,793

dhdawg said:

aTm isn't good..they still have issues at quarterback and sumlin is still their coach. Arizona state should be beating them, not "keeping up with them." And if not for 3 picks, I doubt that game is even close
    ATMs defense looked very good, but their offense has some issues. QB play was spotty and they actually had some difficulty with pass protection, imo. That said if Murray or Allen can put it together at some point in the next few weeks they should be a pretty good squad. Great talent.

Chavis looks like he was a great hire by #BlackSarkLivesMatter.
    The evidence seems to show that at the top tier of assistants you can change a unit for the better with a good hire. The line here has always been that it's the head coach--which is mostly the case--but looking at Auburn and aTm this year it would appear that a good coordinator is worth the money.
    Ask Gary Patterson.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

TTJ said:

How about a vertical passing game?
    For now, I'd settle for a sort of productive offense
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,917 Founders Club
    I still like 8-9 wins playing in this dreckfest of a conference.
    PurpleJ said:

The pac12 is loaded top to bottom.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,519 Founders Club
    dhdawg said:

aTm isn't good..they still have issues at quarterback and sumlin is still their coach. Arizona state should be beating them, not "keeping up with them." And if not for 3 picks, I doubt that game is even close
    Jury's out. I'll peg them at 8-4.

ASU is a good team and Graham is a good coach, but they aren't elite. It was a defacto home game for atm. The Arizona State lettering in an end zone was a joke. Again, it's disappointing if you're into conference pride, but it's not a sign the Pac 12 will only have 1-2 top 25 teams at this point.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Fuck the Pac.

All I care about is Peterman pulling his head out of his ass and finding a fucking offense that at least can score a fucking touchdown.

Fuck the rest ....

Except for Mora.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,519 Founders Club

Yeah that's kind of pathetic. If it were Oklahomo or Bammer, it would be excusable.

I don't follow Phoenix/Mesa/shithole valley of the sun tbs stuff real closely but AZ doesn't keep that many Southern AZ kids. It's probably about 30-35%, although they did get Carey a few years ago.

dhdawg said:

Jury's out. I'll peg them at 8-4.

ASU is a good team and Graham is a good coach, but they aren't elite. It was a defacto home game for atm. The Arizona State lettering in an end zone was a joke. Again, it's disappointing if you're into conference pride, but it's not a sign the Pac 12 will only have 1-2 top 25 teams at this point.
    Caring about top 25 teams when there are only 5-10 good teams in the country is fucking stupid.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

PurpleJ said:

The pac12 is loaded top to bottom.
    LOADED

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844

MSU over Ducks
    Rutgers over Coogs

I don't see MSU shutting Oregon down nor do I think MSU can score enough points to keep up with them in the 4th. Oregon wins this football game.

Cook it
    salemcoog said:

MSU over Ducks
    Rutgers over Coogs

I don't see MSU shutting Oregon down nor do I think MSU can score enough points to keep up with them in the 4th. Oregon wins this football game.

Cook it
    Oregon is well-known for beating ranked OOC teams on the road.

Everybody says so.