Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Serious doogin by Goe

Comments

• WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,793

This really pissed me off.

"We played our hearts out," Mickens said. "We can't hold our heads down because of a loss like this. Everybody in that locker room fought back — coaching staff and players."

Fuck you, dude!

Compare that to Browning's quote. One person felt physically sick, the other seems just as happy as if they had won.
    Get every fucking Sark guy off this team (maybe leave Victor and Feeney).
  • HippopeteamusHippopeteamus Member Posts: 1,958
    edited September 2015
    Tequilla said:

"We played our hearts out," Mickens said. "We can't hold our heads down because of a loss like this. Everybody in that locker room fought back — coaching staff and players."

Fuck you, dude!

Compare that to Browning's quote. One person felt physically sick, the other seems just as happy as if they had won.
    One is a Pete recruit ...

One is a Seven recruit ...

I rest my case
    Oh I totally agree on that, but nothing in the actual offensive play gave me reason for optimism that the team with Smith at OC could be any better than mediocre.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

These local guys are the worst. Everything has to be a positive, because you can never criticize the team. The local writer in Pullman is right now working overtime spinning that disaster. These people have no creditability and don't even believe any of the shit they write. Hell, its border line fiction. But they have to because the bosses above them have them by the balls because the football program has the bosses by the balls.

the oregonian is local for washington?
    Then he's a retard
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Tequilla said:

Fuck you, dude!

One is a Pete recruit ...

One is a Seven recruit ...

I rest my case
    Oh I totally agree on that, but nothing in the actual offensive play gave me reason for optimism that the team with Smith at OC could be any better than mediocre.
    It's hard - I wasn't impressed by the job Smith did last night ... was way too vanilla with the play calling.

At the same time, I fully expect that this is a team that gets better during the course of the year and my hope is that the play calling expands with it.

If it doesn't, hard to see anyway that Smith survives to next year.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    I love outing closeted Doogs.
    It's a process ... it's hard ... it really really is ... there's another team on the other side of the field that is trying really really hard as well ... but we're working at it and you can see some good things out there that you just need to build on because like I said, it's really really hard and it's just part of the process.
  • BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    Tequilla said:

ASU has never consistently won at the highest levels in this conference ... UW has ... hope that helps

Kush won consistently at a pretty high level at ASU
    edited September 2015

Tequilla said:

ASU has never consistently won at the highest levels in this conference ... UW has ... hope that helps

Kush won consistently at a pretty high level at ASU
    Pretty sure that they weren't in the PAC at that point ... they've won the conference 2x in almost 40 years? Fuck, even the Cougs have done that.

Fuck the process.

Each coaching staff sells us a bill of goods. Each time, the Huskies are mediocre at best.

I hope Petersen proves us wrong. I hope he's the one who is not like Gilby, Ty, & Sark.
    Until the team stops leaving steaming piles on the field, they need to be rightfully
    criticized.

I get that ...

But at the same time, many thought we'd lose the game and it wouldn't be pretty. Vegas had us at 4 wins for the year. The expectations on this board were probably higher than that of anywhere else. Poll most people here and they probably would put us between 6-8 wins on the year. I probably was as optimistic as anybody here.

Looking at the schedule tells me that we will beat Sac St and Utah St. We should also have little trouble with Oregon State and Washington State. The performance of the defense encourages me into thinking that we have a real solid chance against Cal. Arizona IMO will be falling back to the pack this year and I do like our chances to beat them. If there was one thing we learned about Stanford and Utah this weekend is that as is they are going to struggle to move the football and when combined with our defense should keep us in a position to win those games. There's still room on this schedule for the 6-8 wins.

The reality is that this season IS a process and we really need to see the full season before completely judging this year. While we had every chance to win the game, the reality is that it's a lot to expect a freshman QB making his first road start against a quality opponent to win the game. The fact that he did what he did in that game is very encouraging IMO. I've long held the opinion that if you tell me that a QB is making his first career road start in conference at Husky Stadium, you can almost assuredly assume that UW will win the game.
    Tequilla said:

It's a process ... it's hard ... it really really is ... there's another team on the other side of the field that is trying really really hard as well ... but we're working at it and you can see some good things out there that you just need to build on because like I said, it's really really hard and it's just part of the process.

Outstanding recovery.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,740 Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Fuck the process.

Each coaching staff sells us a bill of goods. Each time, the Huskies are mediocre at best.

I hope Petersen proves us wrong. I hope he's the one who is not like Gilby, Ty, & Sark.
    Until the team stops leaving steaming piles on the field, they need to be rightfully
    criticized.

I get that ...

But at the same time, many thought we'd lose the game and it wouldn't be pretty. Vegas had us at 4 wins for the year. The expectations on this board were probably higher than that of anywhere else. Poll most people here and they probably would put us between 6-8 wins on the year. I probably was as optimistic as anybody here.

Looking at the schedule tells me that we will beat Sac St and Utah St. We should also have little trouble with Oregon State and Washington State. The performance of the defense encourages me into thinking that we have a real solid chance against Cal. Arizona IMO will be falling back to the pack this year and I do like our chances to beat them. If there was one thing we learned about Stanford and Utah this weekend is that as is they are going to struggle to move the football and when combined with our defense should keep us in a position to win those games. There's still room on this schedule for the 6-8 wins.

The reality is that this season IS a process and we really need to see the full season before completely judging this year. While we had every chance to win the game, the reality is that it's a lot to expect a freshman QB making his first road start against a quality opponent to win the game. The fact that he did what he did in that game is very encouraging IMO. I've long held the opinion that if you tell me that a QB is making his first career road start in conference at Husky Stadium, you can almost assuredly assume that UW will win the game.
    Can't disagree with what you're saying. I've never been accused of being the most patient guy. Fifteen fucking years since the Huskies did anything. I don't want to wait another 15 fucking years for the athletic department and coaching staff(s) to figure this shit out.

Tequilla said:

Fuck the process.

criticized.

I get that ...

Can't disagree with what you're saying. I've never been accused of being the most patient guy. Fifteen fucking years since the Huskies did anything. I don't want to wait another 15 fucking years for the athletic department and coaching staff(s) to figure this shit out.
    I don't think you're going to have to wait another 15 years ...

Sometimes it is the hardest to stay patient when you are getting close to the tipping point and are in the process of trying to get over it.

I know a lot of Arkansas alums and the last couple of years were very difficult for them ... particularly when faced with a lot of well played, hard fought losses.
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Fuck the process.

criticized.

I get that ...

Sometimes it is the hardest to stay patient when you are getting close to the tipping point and are in the process of trying to get over it.

I know a lot of Arkansas alums and the last couple of years were very difficult for them ... particularly when faced with a lot of well played, hard fought losses.
    What the hell am I doing in the year 2010?

How did I get here?
  • HippopeteamusHippopeteamus Member Posts: 1,958

Fuck you, dude!

Compare that to Browning's quote. One person felt physically sick, the other seems just as happy as if they zher had won.
    edited for greater gender accuracy.

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Fuck the process.

criticized.

I get that ...

What the hell am I doing in the year 2010?

How did I get here?
    Where was the total optimism under Seven? He's never had a track record to point back to to make you think that he knew what he was doing.

2009: 5-7 season with some questionable endings to some games. But given the OwenTwelve season before, just happy to see some somewhat competitive games.

2010: Got to a bowl game after a 3-6 start ... then redeemed the Nebraska debacle earlier in the year. While you could have some optimism after that game, the reality of breaking in a new QB probably mitigated the optimism. Probably the closest the program ever got in the Seven era to being at the tipping point.

2011: 5-1 start against a soft schedule while pissing away a winnable game at Nebraska with sloppy play and blown assignments. Lack of attention to detail. Then get shit pushed in at Stanford by over 40 points while going through the annual 3 game losing streak and then getting fucked in the ass against Baylor.

2012: A shit pushing in game at LSU more or less confirmed everything we all realized with Seven and then once he did get some momentum pissing it away at Wazzu and then losing to Boise in Vegas confirmed that Seven was who we all thought he was.

2013: Seven was leaving one way or another after proving he was the best at doing the least with the most
  • BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Fuck the process.

criticized.

I get that ...

What has Arkansas done that is of any relevance?