Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Official UW vs. Boise St Game Thread

Comments

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    HuskyInAZ said:

dhdawg said:

That last drive is what we should have been doing all fucking game. Down the field passing, no fucking bubble screens and other shit like that

Ya think maybe the BSU defense played it a bit different? Just a thought.
    Obviously. But still
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I hated Mickens when we signed his sideways dancing ass and I hate him more today.
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Lenius is 6'5…hard for him to block a guy legally without holding that is 8 inches shorter.

did they run a single fade? bunch of pussies calling the plays (penermen and babushka)
  • Options
    HippopeteamusHippopeteamus Member Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

Throw for the first, if you get it, the clock stops so you can spike, at worst you throw it away

If you get tackled in bounds or sacked, you lose without ever even trying a kick.
    But they could have spiked the ball with only a few seconds left on the clock.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    how shitty is bsu though for real lol
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,000
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Pretty bad first half, d and special teams were very good in the second half.

Browning is going to have growing pains but he's going to be good later in the year.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,299
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Loved the fight, but sheesh. Frustrating.

Maybe from one side of the ball
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Gladstone said:

play this game week 14 and not week 1 and we win easily

quite honestly, no question.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    brchco12 said:

We found a QB today, it's nice to see someone running the offense who isn't hyperventilating and about to pass out.

Browning looks like he can play, but all he is at this point is a guy with some potential. He was terrible before the final drive and made freshman errors on that drive too. It was to be expected, but if we judge him on his game tonight, he sucked.
  • Options
    The_UndertakerThe_Undertaker Member Posts: 520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Frustrating ending but overall the team performed as I expected (win or close loss), which is better than what all the experts were predicting before the game.

The team never gave up, the defense got really strong in the second half. The special team is well coached. These are all positives that we can build from and seem like a solid trend with this coaching staff.
    The offensive play calling was the biggest disappointment. It is something to play safe to help Browning, but it is counter productive if the defense can predict every play you are gonna run before the snap.
    The running game. I didn't pay enough attention to the OL but I thought the running game would do much better.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,157
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    By the start of conference play browning will be clicking
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,519
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Petersen said Victor had 14 tackles.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    You are really reaching for this one.
    Thump said:

HuskyInAZ said:

How fitting that the game with great special teams is ended with a missed kicked caused by inept play calling

Help me out here. How was the play calling the issue.
    We needed more hidden ball plays?
    Th hidden ball play went for 5 yards.....could have been more is FS Mickens wasn't the ball carrier.

When your OL is consistently getting their ass kicked by the opponent, the play book is somewhat limited.

HuskyInAZ said:

Wow. I know they were yelling at the players, but that is bad coaching. They should know better than to spike it with 21 seconds.

Nit picking a bit? Jesus Fucking Christ, how about the OL block someone for a change.
    The OL sucks. Yes, it is nit picking because it didn't matter. Still, for a coach that often talks about the little details, his clock management has been horrible a couple of times in close losses. Miles snapping the ball with 7 seconds on the play clock against Arizona was similar to this. Every team goes over these scenarios in practice. And I know they were yelling at Browning to wait. Why was the team so fucking unaware though? Pete is responsible.
    You are really reaching for this one.
  • Options
    HippopeteamusHippopeteamus Member Posts: 1,946

brchco12 said:

We found a QB today, it's nice to see someone running the offense who isn't hyperventilating and about to pass out.

Browning looks like he can play, but all he is at this point is a guy with some potential. He was terrible before the final drive and made freshman errors on that drive too. It was to be expected, but if we judge him on his game tonight, he sucked.
    I couldn't tell, but it didn't seem like Boise state was trying very hard to shut down the run but they didn't have to worry about it any way. It as least seems that Browning isn't going to get killed out there and at least has some mobility. But they didn't really let him throw down the field a lot, which I thought was the whole reason you played the freshman and not Lindquist
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,495
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    brchco12 said:

...and he keeps his eyes open.
  • Options
    MuttzenMuttzen Member Posts: 1,015
    If we can play that shittily and only lose by 2, there is some hope for the future. This season is still over (we won't compete for pac title). Browning looks like he has what it takes to develop. When he starts to gain command of the offense, we will spread the defense.