Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Danny Shelton Tweets about Sark

Comments

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,685 Founders Club
    I'm not surprised he's not surprised.
  • LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,671 Standard Supporter
    "the USC players punished Sarkisian by making him do a "hard lessons" physical workout session, generally reserved for when players screw up.

Sark's session was complete with a series of "up downs" -- and he was "drenched" when the workout was over. "
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,781
    edited August 2015
    LaZoris said:

"

Sark's session was complete with a series of "up downs" -- and he was "drenched" when the workout was over. "

Probably the DTs getting in the way....
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

HuskyJW said:

Nothing brings respect to your organization when the team gets to punish the boss.

Sark has absolutely no idea how things work in the real world. His coaching clusterfuck at SC may eclipse that of Kiffen's. Let's just hope he's not fired before it comes to fruition
    What I don't get after having watching Pete Carroll in Seattle now and how he runs the team. Both Sark and Kiffen were given their jobs because Pete's recommendation to USC. How the fuck could neither of them learned anything from Carroll?
  • BabsGilbyTawdTyBabsGilbyTawdTy Member Posts: 1,058
    edited August 2015

In related news, the Hooks are fucked when Pete retires and they inevitably hire one of his "proteges".

Fortunately for the 12's, both Kiffin and Sark should be available.

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,521 Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

Can you imagine how much Sark's tits must have hurt after those up downs?

If you are going to bash moobs, I am fucking out, brah.
    dnc said:

2001400ex said:

HuskyJW said:

Nothing brings respect to your organization when the team gets to punish the boss.

Sark has absolutely no idea how things work in the real world. His coaching clusterfuck at SC may eclipse that of Kiffen's. Let's just hope he's not fired before it comes to fruition
    What I don't get after having watching Pete Carroll in Seattle now and how he runs the team. Both Sark and Kiffen were given their jobs because Pete's recommendation to USC. How the fuck could neither of them learned anything from Carroll?
    They did, they just learned the wrong thing. They gravitated to the Hollywood, celebrity culture that Pete embraced, but ignored the ultra competitive nature of PC. The only reason Pete can get away with the rah rah, players coach shit is because he's the hardest working, most competitive motherfucker in the business. That and he actually has a legitimate coaching specialty (defensive backs specifically and defense in general), and a phenomenal eye for talent.

The high-energy, competitiveness and eye for talent are things you can't teach. The defensive coaching Sark and Lane didn't learn anything about because they're offensive guys. So they grabbed the one thing they could from Pete - let's have fun. It's also the one thing about Pete that won't work without all the others.

In related news, the Hooks are fucked when Pete retires and they inevitably hire one of his "proteges".
    That was actually spot on. The only argument is the protégés, as 2 of them are head coaches in the NFL and both are clearly more accomplished already than Sark. The great thing. Both with cut their teeth in those cities, and one will replace Pete in Seattle.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    2001400ex said:

dnc said:

2001400ex said:

HuskyJW said:

They did, they just learned the wrong thing. They gravitated to the Hollywood, celebrity culture that Pete embraced, but ignored the ultra competitive nature of PC. The only reason Pete can get away with the rah rah, players coach shit is because he's the hardest working, most competitive motherfucker in the business. That and he actually has a legitimate coaching specialty (defensive backs specifically and defense in general), and a phenomenal eye for talent.

The high-energy, competitiveness and eye for talent are things you can't teach. The defensive coaching Sark and Lane didn't learn anything about because they're offensive guys. So they grabbed the one thing they could from Pete - let's have fun. It's also the one thing about Pete that won't work without all the others.

That was actually spot on. The only argument is the protégés, as 2 of them are head coaches in the NFL and both are clearly more accomplished already than Sark. The great thing. Both with cut their teeth in those cities, and one will replace Pete in Seattle.
    The obvious advantages Bradley and Quinn have over Sark is they are defensive coaches and may have gleaned a lot from PC on that side of the ball. Also they are not career Pete assistants so they have succeeded other places with non PC talent at their disposals.

But my guess is Richard is the replacement.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    dnc said:

2001400ex said:

dnc said:

2001400ex said:

HuskyJW said:

The obvious advantages Bradley and Quinn have over Sark is they are defensive coaches and may have gleaned a lot from PC on that side of the ball. Also they are not career Pete assistants so they have succeeded other places with non PC talent at their disposals.

But my guess is Bevell is the replacement.

dnc said:

2001400ex said:

dnc said:

2001400ex said:

HuskyJW said:

Fuck Bevell. I think I just shit the bed thinking about it.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I know you're being sarcasmic, but they're going to hire a defensive coach to replace him.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    dnc said:

2001400ex said:

HuskyJW said:

Great post, but I don't think it's entirely true about Kiffin. Kiffin isn't a good coach, but he's a serious football guy.