Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The Seattle Times outs Bellevue Football

Comments

• doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    Bellevue who? What have they done lately?
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744

Meek said:

What is it about Seattle that hates itself?

What is it about liberal newspaper companies that hates everything?

Fixed for accuracy
    Today I Learned....Frank Blethen is a liberal.

Thanks Hardcore Husky!
    Who?
    I thought you were from here?
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Gladstone said:

Meek said:

Seattle is a haven for giners. They don't like winners, because they feel sorry for the losers. There should be no winners or losers. Everyone is equal and everyone should get a trophy.
    Everyone is entitled to feel special.
    Then why are the shittalking, smash ur face in Seahawks such a favorite? Seattle is like any big city. The bleeding heart libs whine in op eds, the average citizens support winners and work actual jobs
    I wish this were true but post 1991 precedent says otherwise.
    Eh I guess it depends who you associate with. A lot of the bleeding heart/offended by anything crowd seems to be transplants to the area. Most people I know who grew up in the region with me are just as annoyed by that crowd as this bored is
    THIS
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,546 Founders Club
    So worst case scenario a kid got a full ride/acceptance into an institution that wouldn't have otherwise given him a sniff.

Isn't it up to the highly paid educators to inspire these talented young gentleman once they reach the university?
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,549 Founders Club
    edited August 2015
    Doogles said:

So worst case scenario a kid got a full ride/acceptance into an institution that wouldn't have otherwise given him a sniff.

Isn't it up to the highly paid educators to inspire these talented young gentleman once they reach the university?

They went to an office building and probably played video games and texted instead of playing school. The recruiting shit and under the table things happen at a lot of high schools. It's naive to pretend it doesn't. The fake classes are easier to accept in college though (and yeah, it happens at other high schools too).
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,169
    Doogles said:

You may want to change your expectations to have the middling and lowly paid educators inspire them if you want results. Not a lot of folks in the highly paid category.
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986

Meek said:

Seattle is a haven for giners. They don't like winners, because they are a bunch of fucking losers that never got to sit at the "cool table."
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam
    Home school.

Jesus Christ....get up...get dressed and go to school you lazy POS
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,473 Founders Club

section8 said:

It only took the CEO about .2 seconds to wax poetic about all the more pressing issues in the region and how poor BHS is just subject to a smear campaign by the ST. Apparently the WIAA is really to blame and the haters just don't like a cleanly run successful program.

It could come out that Butch masterminded the 9/11 terrorist attacks and Kim and F3 would be all over dawgman posting, "SO WHAT? It's only a few thousand people. Do you know how many people live in the U.S. that are still ALIVE???? Not an issue!!"

Of course, when it became known that an Oregon commit who never played there might have gotten a pair of shoes, those two were crying foul on a daily basis.

*fowl
    edited August 2015
    Mad_Son said:

Doogles said:

You may want to change your expectations to have the middling and lowly paid educators inspire them if you want results. Not a lot of folks in the highly paid category.
    Then why do the degrees stemming from these institutions hold so much weight? The kids are talented. They want to go to a place that helps them maximize that talent and get a scholarship that will get them a piece of paper that says "I have my shit together and am hirable".

Who gives a fuck how they get there? If they worked the system to get there than good for them. If the kids wanted to be doctors they'd do the work, but they want to get a C so they can play football.

I have no investment in Washington High School sports politics, but the butthurt in the region can be felt all the way from Nor-Cal.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,169
    Doogles said:

Mad_Son said:

Doogles said:

Then why do the degrees stemming from these institutions hold so much weight? The kids are talented. They want to go to a place that helps them maximize that talent and get a scholarship that will get them a piece of paper that says "I have my shit together and am hirable".

Who gives a fuck how they get there? If they worked the system to get there than good for them. If the kids wanted to be doctors they'd do the work, but they want to get a C so they can play football.

I have no investment in Washington High School sports politics, but the butthurt in the region can be felt all the way from Nor-Cal.
    So to be clear - your position is that degrees are valuable because the instructors are highly paid? You seem to have followed up your response to my statement with some unrelated diatribe so I'm not entirely sure what position you are actually trying to take here.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    The whole article was ridiculously fucking stupid. Where are the shakedowns of O'Dea, Eastside Catholic, Bellarmine, Rainier Beach, Garfield, etc? The Catholic schools let minorities who are good at sports in for free and do everything necessary to keep them eligible. Recruiting goes on at a ton of high schools. Kids using a relatives address to go to an out of the district school isn't even the slightest bit newsworthy.

Then they find some disgruntled ex-player who now lives a shitty life. He whines that nobody cared about him except for football. Welcome to real life. Do you think high schools give a shit about the kids in band or the skateboarding stoner?
    I'm saying a degree is perceived to be a necessity in the modern day. Something that holds such great such importance clearly has competent educators that inspire their students to maximize their potential and achieve their dreams. (SARCASM)

The "highly paid" line was tongue in cheek. Nobody gives a fuck about these kids unless they produce at what they are good at. Don't stand on the moral high ground and pretend the education system cares about these kids. The ones that want to stand up will, the ones that want to play video games and work the system to a scholarship (that holds perceived value) will.

Either way the kids gotta play somewhere on friday nights to showcase their abilities.
  • OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510

Where are the shakedowns of O'Dea, Eastside Catholic, Bellarmine, Rainier Beach, Garfield, etc?

Don't know if you read the article, but when those schools you listed have teachers quitting and claiming that the school is nothing but a diploma mill... let me know.