Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The Seattle Times outs Bellevue Football

124»

Comments

• Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    dnc said:

dnc said:

a little birdie told me that if you dig into the on-goings at Bothell and Skyline, you'd find a few questionables.

hoo cares? a non-story.

Bothell, honestly is probably the cleanest of the programs mentioned. They built up the pee wee program there and surprise, they got better (after years of being the Kingco doormat). But to stay better Bothell will likely need to, Northshore is building a new North Creek High School that will alter the enrollment numbers of those schools.

Bellevue has been dirty for years. No way in hell the limp wristed residents of Clyde Hill and Medina a feeding this football monster. Funny thing is they traditionally had good teams because of their peewee system (Newport is a good example of this), they just went a bit overboard.
    Let me just say, I didn't throw Bothell in there on a random guess. I've been around it for some time now. I'm aware of how it started, and have a pretty good idea where it is now. They've been importing players for a few years now. I also know the high school and the culture pretty well. It's a rabid, southern-style deal where the school is a diploma factory and the adults are fucking fanatic. New buildings; shit school.

Go to one of those Junior Coug games on Sat. morning - there are like 20 middle-aged insurance salesmen running around on the sidelines sporting the uniform - tan pants and royal blue golf shirts - living out through their kids what they weren't able to do in high school themselves. Of course, they don't know what we know: that there's a good chance that junior will be standing on the sideline by the time he gets to HS and spend his Friday nights watching an import play his position.

Alas, you are correct. North Creek High is likely going to do to Bothell what Black Hills High School did to Tumwater HS. Tumwater was a state juggernaut and then, BOOM! 1/2 the kids are gone, and the T-Birds haven't been heard from since.

I give Bothell full credit though. As you said, Bainter built that up from nothing. And it was Bothell, not woody or inglemoor, that built that Texas-style stadium where Pop Keeney used to be. The Bothell boosters are a fucking force - that's why I laughed when you used the word "clean". I don't think they're as egregious as Bellevue, but along with Skyline and some others, they'd have little room to bitch.
    If a TL;DR poast about Bothell HS cheating from a Coog isn't enough to get you banned for life from these boreds, what the fuck is?
    Your* better than that
    Fixed.
    Quality fix, but still whoosh. I never would have guessed one of my favorite poasters shares a login with Tailgater.
    I have no idea what's going on any more, but I was really hung over today, so that was cool.
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,347 Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm not even a fan of Bothell but the number of kids they have playing pee wee football provides depth and experience most schools can't match. Haven't been to the upgraded Pop Keeney yet, the old visitor side was death trap on rainy evenings though. Garfield and Franklin wish CAYA and Rainier were still pumping out kids. Honestly, so should cardboard cutout.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

I'm not even a fan of Bothell but the number of kids they have playing pee wee football provides depth and experience most schools can't match. Haven't been to the upgraded Pop Keeney yet, the old visitor side was death trap on rainy evenings though. Garfield and Franklin wish CAYA and Rainier were still pumping out kids. Honestly, so should cardboard cutout.

Stop talking Bothell HS football please. Thanks.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,987

Stop talking Bothell HS football please. Thanks.
    Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto.

You know it's you babe!