Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Eason vs. Browning

124»

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,322
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,235
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Gotta say, good thread, thanks for the info. Population shifts and

Now Everett isn't even in the league (IIRC).

Everett is still in Wesco, they are 3A.
    http://www.wescoathletics.com/index.php?league=3&page_name=team_page&school=27
    That makes more sense, thanks for the correction. Interesting comments on Snohomish. Was not aware that another school had been built in the area that draws from their student population. I remember Snohomish having solid athletics, especially football and wrestling.
  • Options
    MrsPetersenMrsPetersen Member Posts: 724
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment
    Since the early 90's Wesco has added Jackson, Kamiak, Marysville-Getchell and Glacier Peak.

It looks like Mount Vernon also moved over about 8 years ago from the NWC.

Still dreck...
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Since the early 90's Wesco has added Jackson, Kamiak, Marysville-Getchell and Glacier Peak.

It looks like Mount Vernon also moved over about 8 years ago from the NWC.

Still dreck...

WESCO SUCKS

O-D-E-A!!!!11
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Hate on Snohomish and Everett all you want, but keep bashing Wesco and I am fucking out.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Never watched film on Browning or Eason until today. I like Browning better and think he is going to be a better college football player. I won't be surprised if Eason is a bust given some of the circumstances.

Browning looks like a more natural QB, with good instincts and good anticipation. He also has good escapability. Eason looks like a big kid with excellent physical tools playing quarterback. Browning has played against better HS competition. In most of Eason's highlights there is no pass rush. Eason has the prototypical height, size, arm that scouts love. I know Eason has done well at the big camps.

Two other things. We know that Eason's dad is really involved. I read in a story that he was toying with the idea of moving down to Athens. Jesus Christ, I hope not for the kids sake or it will be Jake Heaps all over again. Is the dad trying to relive his career through the son? And how many QB's do well in the SEC versus other conferences? How many do well right away? Seems like the kid will feel a lot of pressure at a real football school and from his own dad. And there is a 5* QB from Georgia who is committed to Georgia, who will be one year behind Eason.

My bet is we didn't get Eason because the dad wanted some special treatment or attention from Pete and Pete was slow on the trail, which obviously didn't help.

Not trying to absolve Pete or UW of blame because losing Eason is a big fuckup. But honestly I think Browning is going to be better. I think he's a better quarterback while Eason is a better pro prospect. I think Browning is going into a better situation and will feel much less pressure.

Fuck off @Tequilla
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Never watched film on Browning or Eason until today. I like Browning better and think he is going to be a better college football player. I won't be surprised if Eason is a bust given some of the circumstances.

Browning looks like a more natural QB, with good instincts and good anticipation. He also has good escapability. Eason looks like a big kid with excellent physical tools playing quarterback. Browning has played against better HS competition. In most of Eason's highlights there is no pass rush. Eason has the prototypical height, size, arm that scouts love. I know Eason has done well at the big camps.

Two other things. We know that Eason's dad is really involved. I read in a story that he was toying with the idea of moving down to Athens. Jesus Christ, I hope not for the kids sake or it will be Jake Heaps all over again. Is the dad trying to relive his career through the son? And how many QB's do well in the SEC versus other conferences? How many do well right away? Seems like the kid will feel a lot of pressure at a real football school and from his own dad. And there is a 5* QB from Georgia who is committed to Georgia, who will be one year behind Eason.

My bet is we didn't get Eason because the dad wanted some special treatment or attention from Pete and Pete was slow on the trail, which obviously didn't help.

Not trying to absolve Pete or UW of blame because losing Eason is a big fuckup. But honestly I think Browning is going to be better. I think he's a better quarterback while Eason is a better pro prospect. I think Browning is going into a better situation and will feel much less pressure.

Fuck off @Tequilla
    Free fucking pub!!! As Trump teaches us all, any publicity is good publicity.

And Chest, I'm a little hurt that you took such exception at being compared to me.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,832
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Eason plays in Wesco a fucking dreckfest of a league in Washington State.

Seamount, Metro (and Olympic, probably Narrows) say hi.

It's been a while since I lived there, but SPSL and QueenCo were the only good leagues.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,832
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Marysville-Getchell...wtf is that? That's not where the psycho Indian kid shot up his friends was it?
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Marysville-Getchell...wtf is that? That's not where the psycho Indian kid shot up his friends was it?

Marysville Pilchuck was the biggest 4A school in the state and had to split. Similar to the Snohomish/Glacier Peak split.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

M-G is the new Marysville high school. Split off from M-P sometime in the last 8-10 years. They suck.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

All that matters now is that we basically F'd up 2016 QB recruiting. I really like Browning, but I HATE not getting a QB every year. We will likely take an average QB this year and have a lot of pressure to get a good one next year.

If we land someone good next year, and Browning or KJCS show something this year, I will feel a lot better about life.

Thank goodness we have recruited OL so skrong (even with losing Eletise).

bbbut... the cuogs are going to start a WALK-ON... who will lead the nation in passing between the 20's and will one day sign a UDFA NFL CONTRACT.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,970
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    What's the status of Easons hardship waiver?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,322
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dipwad said:

Hopefully my takes age better then this guys
    Best first post ever, dipwad

And great user name to boot
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,614
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We got any shot with this Eason guy? Mods?
  • Options
    dipwaddipwad Member Posts: 42
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

dipwad said:

If your just hear to beat your chest, you won't last long.
    You really think @HeretoBeatmyChest could make it through one of this boards browning takes without immediately being triggered and running back to dawgman. Nah, I’m just here to be edumacated by scoundrels like you.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dipwad said:

dipwad said:

If your just hear to beat your chest, you won't last long.
    You really think @HeretoBeatmyChest could make it through one of this boards browning takes without immediately being triggered and running back to dawgman. Nah, I’m just here to be edumacated by scoundrels like you.
    I am a faggot hollow man. hth