Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Eason vs. Browning

Comments

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,466
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

All Browning does is win. He ran through the hardest comp on the west coast.

You don't just shred Grant.

Sacramento sucks. Folsom may be a good team but there is a lot of shit out that way.
    Out of your depth. Tons of talent comes from the region and it's not debatable.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,233
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited August 2015

Eason plays in Wesco a fucking dreckfest of a league in Washington State.

I happened to be up that way last fall and noticed that when perusing the pages of one of the local rags. Back in the day that was a decent league. Snohomish in particular had some very good teams. There was a time when Cascade, Everett and Snohomish were all producing at least some D-1 talent. Chris Chandler (Everett) and Rick Fenney (Snohomish) come to mind right away, as do coaches Price, Erickson and Lambright, all from Everett. Now Everett isn't even in the league (IIRC).

IMO it is fair to point out the weak competition Eason is playing against, but as others have posted, the kid does look a lot like another Drew Bledsoe. This is a big miss in my view, but it may turn out okay, especially if Browning becomes as good as some of you think he can. I honestly (Sark alert) have no idea, just don't follow this stuff close enough, but was encouraged by the OP @HeretoBeatmyChest started this thread with. I hope he's right.
  • Options
    MrsPetersenMrsPetersen Member Posts: 724
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment

Now Everett isn't even in the league (IIRC).

Everett is still in Wesco, they are 3A.
    http://www.wescoathletics.com/index.php?league=3&page_name=team_page&school=27
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I happened to be up that way last fall and noticed that when perusing the pages of one of the local rags. Back in the day that was a decent league. Snohomish in particular had some very good teams. There was a time when Cascade, Everett and Snohomish were all producing at least some D-1 talent. Chris Chandler (Everett) and Rick Fenney (Snohomish) come to mind right away, as do coaches Price, Erickson and Lambright, all from Everett. Now Everett isn't even in the league (IIRC).

IMO it is fair to point out the weak competition Eason is playing against, but as others have posted, the kid does look a lot like another Drew Bledsoe. This is a big miss in my view, but it may turn out okay, especially if Browning becomes as good as some of you think he can. I honestly (Sark alert) have no idea, just don't follow this stuff close enough, but was encouraged by the OP @HeretoBeatmyChest started this thread with. I hope he's right.
    Cascade, Snohomish & Everett, plus Marysville-Getchell, are the worst now in Wesco. Monroe just hired Michael Bumpus, the former WSU receiver, for this coming season; he does a good job getting kids to turnout and will definitely improve Monroe. Still, Skinny will put 60 & 400 yards on them.
  • Options
    HelfrichFamilyVanHelfrichFamilyVan Member Posts: 351
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

Cascade, Snohomish & Everett, plus Marysville-Getchell, are the worst now in Wesco. Monroe just hired Michael Bumpus, the former WSU receiver, for this coming season; he does a good job getting kids to turnout and will definitely improve Monroe. Still, Skinny will put 60 & 400 yards on them.
    When I went to Marysville-Pilchuck ~10 years ago Snohomish seemed to dominate us in most sports. The split of Snohomish HS seems to have hurt them worse than the split in Marysville schools.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

When I went to Marysville-Pilchuck ~10 years ago Snohomish seemed to dominate us in most sports. The split of Snohomish HS seems to have hurt them worse than the split in Marysville schools.
    As much as they'd want to blame the Snohomish/Glacier Peak split for bad football, Snohomish hasn't won a playoff game since 2004. And the rest of SHS sports are really good. GP on the other hand made the playoffs their first year in 2008, without seniors, which is almost unheard of for new schools.

Marysville-Pilchuck had been underachieving for a long time for a big school. We shall see if they can keep going without Joyner.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I respect @HeretoBeatmyChest as much or more than anyone else, but come the F on.

Browning is either Kellen Moore or Kevin Feterik, but he's not a sure thing by any stretch of the imagination. Is Skinny a sure thing? NO ONE IS A SURE THING! JEEZ.

But with Skinny's abilities it would be pretty surprising if he didn't end up being good.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

All Browning does is win. He ran through the hardest comp on the west coast.

You don't just shred Grant.

Sacramento sucks. Folsom may be a good team but there is a lot of shit out that way.
    Out of your depth. Tons of talent comes from the region and it's not debatable.
    Stay on topic, dingles. Sacramento is not "the hardest comp on the west coast". It's not even close.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

#MyPanthers have been dreck for awhile now. Way back in the day they had some decent teams.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Is Parry still coaching Snohomish?

Nice enough guy, but the downturn in the football program is on him IMO. Snohomish football was about 20-30 years behind the curve 10-15 years ago and my guess is it is now 30-45 years behind the curve.

The Snohomish/Glacier Peak split definitely has hurt ... the Glacier Peak split is probably 60-70% of the "good kids" in Snohomish IMO.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

Is Parry still coaching Snohomish?

Nice enough guy, but the downturn in the football program is on him IMO. Snohomish football was about 20-30 years behind the curve 10-15 years ago and my guess is it is now 30-45 years behind the curve.

The Snohomish/Glacier Peak split definitely has hurt ... the Glacier Peak split is probably 60-70% of the "good kids" in Snohomish IMO.

Perry was DAO'ed 2-3 years ago. But he's still the AD and gets in the way.

The split is an excuse. There's plenty of talent to go around and SHS is still several hundred students larger anyway.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Snohomish use to be good at every sport except football when I was there. Since the split they have taking quiet a fall.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    When I was in HS, Snohomish and Cascade were still the two alpha dogs in that conference.

The split matters in the sense of what kids are being split. With the location of the new school, that's a more affluent area of Snohomish compared to some other places. Not saying it is an excuse, but to dismiss it as not being a factor is going too far.

Personally, I like Parry. He's probably better suited as an AD than a coach. That being said, he's got a little Turner in him.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

"For Shizzle....I always wanted to say that"