Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pussification of America

topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
Continues:

Delta Air Lines will no longer carry big-game trophies in the wake of the killing of Cecil the Lion. The ban includes buffalo, elephant, leopard, lion and rhinoceros carcasses.

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    topdawgnc said:

Continues:

Delta Air Lines will no longer carry big-game trophies in the wake of the killing of Cecil the Lion. The ban includes buffalo, elephant, leopard, lion and rhinoceros carcasses.

Why does Delta hate giraffes?

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't really give a shit either way. I don't care about Cecil the Lion either and find it kind of pathetic people are outraged over that instead of real issues.

The weird thing to me is that it's mostly fine to hunt some animals (deer, pheasant, ducks, etc), but not others like giraffes, rhinos, etc.

"But we eat the deer!" "It's to control the animal population!" There are some truths to these comments, but they are mostly bullshit. The enjoyment of shooting an animal is why people enjoy hunting. You can buy whatever meat you want online or at stores for a lot less trouble and work. I don't know the exact costs, but travel and ammunition cost money. Same for buying a huge freezer for the endless supply of meat.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I don't really give a shit either way. I don't care about Cecil the Lion either and find it kind of pathetic people are outraged over that instead of real issues.

The weird thing to me is that it's mostly fine to hunt some animals (deer, pheasant, ducks, etc), but not others like giraffes, rhinos, etc.

"But we eat the deer!" "It's to control the animal population!" There are some truths to these comments, but they are mostly bullshit. The enjoyment of shooting an animal is why people enjoy hunting. You can buy whatever meat you want online or at stores for a lot less trouble and work. I don't know the exact costs, but travel and ammunition cost money. Same for buying a huge freezer for the endless supply of meat.

I think how big of an issue it has been is pretty ridiculous but I still think it's pretty fucked up to do to a species who has a pretty limited time left just for the "thrill".
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

No it isn't.

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    PurpleJ said:

I got in an argument with one of these classy keyboard warriors today about the stupid lion. I told him to MOVE to Africa and help fix it or STFU. He said the discourse helps, so I asked him if we ever #broughtbackourgirls or stopped Kony.

Abundance ya dingus.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited August 2015
    @Fire_Marshall_Bill, you are right on the money with regard to the media's distraction of the month. It's so blatantly obvious, yet our country is so full of mindless zealots like Honda and Death, like lemmings, it's over the cliff they go.

One thing I don't get is the "edited Planned Parenthood clip" thing. It's not like there is voice over shit going on. Executives at PP were filmed admitting to horrific shit their clinics engage in with regard to abortion. Blaming the videographer or the editor is beyond FS.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    HuskyInAZ said:

@Fire_Marshall_Bill, you are right on the money with regard to the media's distraction of the month. It's so blatantly obvious, yet our country is so full of mindless zealots like Honda and Death, like lemmings, it's over the cliff they go.

One thing I don't get is the "edited Planned Parenthood clip" thing. It's not like there is voice over shit going on. Executives at PP were filmed admitting to horrific shit their clinics engage in with regard to abortion. Blaming the videographer or the editor is beyond FS.

Legally using tissue to help advance science = horrific shit.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,235
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited August 2015

HuskyInAZ said:

Callously discussing on hidden camera the illegal practice of modifying abortion techniques to maximize the amount of human tissue that can be extracted during abortions and sold to paying customers = horrific shit.

Planned Parenthood is continuing a long tradition of the eugenics movement that was started by their supporters forefathers. What's been caught on camera is horrific shit, particularly the late term shit, but hey, it's all in the name of science so I guess it's okay.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    HuskyInAZ said:

Holy shit that's ironic. You call people lemmings for buying into hysteria. Then you go on a rant about PP, clearly not knowing how people can edit actual comments to make it sound like you said something completely different than you did.

Here's an example cause you clearly need one:

https://youtu.be/zMK9FKMG3Nc
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Outrage/distraction of the month while those in power do shady economic things that the media ignores

Right now it's the lion and giraffe and edited Planned Parenthood clips. A month ago it was the Confederate Flag and Caitlyn Jenner. There was something else so stupid I forgot it already. Around Labor Day it'll be something even dumber.

I think it's kind of messed up to kill lions and giraffes or hunt for trophies, but unless the animal is endangered, it's not the end of the world. It's one fucking animal you morons. But let's start a campaign to put it on the front page of the paper! Not enough awareness has been raised Maybe we can roll around on grass to raise awareness, just like people dumped water on their heads for....some disease..

Or perhaps it just shows how retarded the rate of change is in American society that people are still boasting of killing lions and giraffes, or justifying the confederate flag. Walkingandchewinggum.gif
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,235
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Outrage/distraction of the month while those in power do shady economic things that the media ignores

Right now it's the lion and giraffe and edited Planned Parenthood clips. A month ago it was the Confederate Flag and Caitlyn Jenner. There was something else so stupid I forgot it already. Around Labor Day it'll be something even dumber.

I think it's kind of messed up to kill lions and giraffes or hunt for trophies, but unless the animal is endangered, it's not the end of the world. It's one fucking animal you morons. But let's start a campaign to put it on the front page of the paper! Not enough awareness has been raised Maybe we can roll around on grass to raise awareness, just like people dumped water on their heads for....some disease..

Or perhaps it just shows how retarded and easily distracted the rate of change is in American society is. that people are still boasting of killing lions and giraffes, or justifying the confederate flag. Walkingandchewinggum.gif
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited August 2015
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

HuskyInAZ said:

Callously discussing on hidden camera the illegal practice of modifying abortion techniques to maximize the amount of human tissue that can be extracted during abortions and sold to paying customers = horrific shit.

Planned Parenthood is continuing a long tradition of the eugenics movement that was started by their supporters forefathers. What's been caught on camera is horrific shit, particularly the late term shit, but hey, it's all in the name of science so I guess it's okay.
    I can't tell if you're serious or trolling with a d2d quote.