Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kentrell Love (2016 CB 3*, Corona CA) Commits

Comments

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,439
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Doogles said:

Today's pussified game would have ejected the safety on the 2nd play.

He was ejected.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Love that video. HA
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    There's stupid pointless PFs that add no value ...

Then there are PFs like that video, the PF on USC against Jack where he got destroyed out of bounds in the '07 game, where you give up the yardage but the overall impact on the game is 15 yards well spent
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited August 2015
    brchco12 said:
    Other than the gratuity, best part of clip is the BSU defensive lineup is full of
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

brchco12 said:
    Other than the gratuity, best part of clip is the BSU defensive lineup is full of
    It's amazing how much easier it is to win football games when your team isn't a bunch of ********* (75k, edited for recruiting board).
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    So, here are my thoughts on Dr. Love:

He's a 2. I'm not sweat-pants bonering at all, but I don't hate him. His upside is great, obviously (similar player to Dana Hall, actually)--but his downside is there, because he's not very quick.

However, there seems to be a movement toward big corners and there are only so many Patrick Peterson's to go around.

I would be a lot more comfortable if I thought he was going to be in the bottom third of our class, but it looks more likely he'll be middle third.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

He's a 2. I'm not sweat-pants bonering at all, but I don't hate him. His upside is great, obviously (similar player to Dana Hall, actually)--but his downside is there, because he's not very quick.

However, there seems to be a movement toward big corners and there are only so many Patrick Peterson's to go around.

I would be a lot more comfortable if I thought he was going to be in the bottom third of our class, but it looks more likely he'll be middle third.

Bottom third of our class? Yeah maybe if we were a top 5 program and Pete Carroll was the coach.

Biggins said that his speed is good he just doesnt have that first quick step.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I would be a lot more comfortable if I thought he was going to be in the bottom third of our class, but it looks more likely he'll be middle third. he was ranked a 4-star by TBS services

FTFY
  • Options

I would be a lot more comfortable if I thought he was going to be in the bottom third of our class, but it looks more likely he'll be middle third. he was ranked a 4-star by TBS services

FTFY
    To continue off that point, Love (#28 CB) is the highest ranked CB Petersen has recruited (Joyner was #29, Hale was #30). Also worth noting, Sidney Jones was the lowest ranked CB Petersen has recruited.

Good job, Scoot.
  • Options
    I mean, I'm just going off what I see. There are many 4-star kids I'm not super enthusiastic about either, but his offers are decent.

I didn't know what Biggi said so I went and looked and feel pretty similar.

I'm not saying he sucks, but he's not in the "exceptional talent" realm. If you watch, by way of comparison, Byron Murphy: that kid is a DDY 3. Holy crap that kid is good.

I really try to divide it into this:

(3) - the Sione Potoa'e memorial, Nick Holt badge of, "if the coaches don't screw him up, he will be really good."

(2) - the 'he could be good, he could be bad, either way it will be interesting' tier. "He has a chance to be good."

(1) - the Ty Fotheringill/Mark Armelin award for 'this kid sucks and unless something really unusual happens, he'll be bad' tier. Sort of the opposite of a 3.

I could get into finer gradations, but I think this mostly captures my feelings.

Love is a 2. I wouldn't say we'd have to do something wrong to have him not be All Pac-12.

Budda Baker is a 3. Austin Joyner was a 3. John Ross, Darrell Daniels and String were all 3s. Eletise is a 3. Skinny is a 3.

Marcus Peters was probably an optimistic 2, same with Kikahahaha; Shelton was a 3 for me personally. Mickens was a 2, etc.

Taylor Hindy was a 1.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    You can definitely develop a quick first step ... just run an endless loop of suicides on the basketball court, shuttle drills on the football field, etc.
  • Options

He's a very high 2 to me. Nearly a 3. His ranking is low because he doesn't play the recruiting game. Biggins said he doesn't go to many camps and combines.

If he's not quick enough for CB, he will play safety. I think he's a CB all the way though. He hits decently (should be better), he has size, he has confidence, he's an asshole. He destroys guys when he jams them. His size along with his jamming ability mitigates any first step issues he may have. I don't really buy that anyways and think it's kind of lazy analysis of seeing a 6'2" CB and automatically thinking he's not quick. His technique kind of sucks too (common for a HS player), so that is another issue.

That said, the last CB I was this high on was Jermaine Kelly. I thought Kelly was a slam dunk.

Well, I will be #brave and admit I wasn't a huge Kelly guy (I would've also had him as a 2), but I'm not sure him transferring really vindicates me or indicts you. It's sort of a random factor would've been way too difficult to predict when he signed.

Because of your strong endorsement, I went back and watched Dr. Love's film and I got the same impression I had before.

He looks fine, there's definitely upside there, but he's not that close to the level of Byron Murray.

Solid 2 in my book. Could definitely be good. I would place him beneath S. Jones IV and Nate Dogg Jr. in the CBs we've recruited. I like him right around how much I like Gilchrist.

David Long and Byron Murray (who are both DDY 3s) are at different levels from this kid, imho.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

He's a very high 2 to me. Nearly a 3. His ranking is low because he doesn't play the recruiting game. Biggins said he doesn't go to many camps and combines.

If he's not quick enough for CB, he will play safety. I think he's a CB all the way though. He hits decently (should be better), he has size, he has confidence, he's an asshole. He destroys guys when he jams them. His size along with his jamming ability mitigates any first step issues he may have. I don't really buy that anyways and think it's kind of lazy analysis of seeing a 6'2" CB and automatically thinking he's not quick. His technique kind of sucks too (common for a HS player), so that is another issue.

That said, the last CB I was this high on was Jermaine Kelly. I thought Kelly was a slam dunk.

Well, I will be #brave and admit I wasn't a huge Kelly guy (I would've also had him as a 2), but I'm not sure him transferring really vindicates me or indicts you. It's sort of a random factor would've been way too difficult to predict when he signed.

Because of your strong endorsement, I went back and watched Dr. Love's film and I got the same impression I had before.

He looks fine, there's definitely upside there, but he's not that close to the level of Byron Murray.

Solid 2 in my book. Could definitely be good. I would place him beneath S. Jones IV and Nate Dogg Jr. in the CBs we've recruited. I like him right around how much I like Gilchrist.

David Long and Byron Murray (who are both DDY 3s) are at different levels from this kid, imho.
    I never watched Jones film, but I was high on him because the Utah Scout guy said Whittingham was livid over losing him. Utah thought they have uncovered a gem. Nate Dogg Jr sucks though.
  • Options

I never watched Jones film, but I was high on him because the Utah Scout guy said Whittingham was livid over losing him. Utah thought they have uncovered a gem. Nate Dogg Jr sucks though.
    Yup, I remember hearing the same things.

Now we can see why.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Bump.

How soon things change.