Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Eason enrolling early

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

I actually compared him to 3 1st round picks:

Cutler played at Vandy and got a boat load of credit for taking them I believe to a bowl game because they are Vandy. Had some decent years in the pro's but consensus wise he's massively underperformed.

Stafford was the #1 overall pick. He's had a solid college and pro career full of numbers but has never won anything. This would be my top call on the path that Eason takes.

Johnny Football won a Heisman but looks to flame out in the NFL.

I guess when I say bust, I'm not thinking Jake Heaps style bust. I'm thinking more in terms of being a guy that puts up big numbers, doesn't win as much as you'd think he should, and nobody can seemingly figure out why. He just comes across to a guy that thinks he's the shit and should be crowned ... maybe/hopefully I'm wrong because I like to see guys succeed, particularly the local guys.

It's not the first time I've put out a controversial opinion and it won't be the last.

If you're saying a high school senior won't be better than the first pick in the draft and a solid NFL QB that's not exactly a controversial opinion.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I think his ceiling is Stafford ...

Floor ... TBD
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I could see him just being average.

But to say he may flame out while playing to the level of Johnny football is quite the take indeed. All bases covered.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2015
    Stafford is a monster. I know he hasn't "won" anything yet, but he does play for the fucking Lions and had the NFLs version of Seven as his coach most of his career. Winners win, but the NFL isn't like the NBA, the team/organization matters.

He's a top 10 QB IMO: Rogers, Brady, Luck, Brees, Wilson, Stafford, Manning, Big Ben, Matty Ice, Rivers.

That's a hell of a ceiling for Eason. It feels like you're saying if Georgia doesn't win a natty with Eason, he is a bust. He'll probably win the east a few times and might be the difference in Georgia breaking through.

A lot of hate on here for Richt and Georgia, but they have fielded some damn good teams and have been close but no cigar several times during the Florida/Bama/Auburn run. Shit happens, how long did it take Don James to break through again?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Doogles said:

Stafford is a monster. I know he hasn't "won" anything yet, but he does play for the fucking Lions and had the NFLs version of Seven as his coach most of his career. Winners win, but the NFL isn't like the NBA, the team/organization matters.

He's a top 10 QB IMO: Rogers, Brady, Luck, Brees, Wilson, Stafford, Manning, Big Ben, Matty Ice, Rivers.

That's a hell of a ceiling for Eason. It feels like you're saying if Georgia doesn't win a natty with Eason, he is a bust. He'll probably win the east a few times and might be the difference in Georgia breaking through.

A lot of hate on here for Richt and Georgia, but they have fielded some damn good teams and have been close but no cigar several times during the Florida/Bama/Auburn run. Shit happens, how long did it take Don James to break through again?

Matt Stafford throws to the best receiver on the planet and he has as many playoff wins as I do.

Fuck. That. Guy.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    If Eason was going to UW Tequilla would say he's a heisman contender.
  • Options
    Pointing to Georgia winning the East as a sign of success for Eason is pointless ... the SEC is a fucking dreckfest.

I'm not a big numbers guy at QB ... I'm a does he win when the chips are on the table kind of guy.

Cutler you can't really talk about in college ... in the pro's ... he's terrible.

Stafford never really won a ton of big games in college ... I thought in some respects Murray was a better QB at Georgia ... and he won comparable to Stafford on the big stage.

Johnny Football put up huge numbers ... he also pissed a lot of games away. You can't tell me that TAMU got as much out of him being QB as they could have.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,445

If anyone poasts anything that says Eason is not coming to UW again I will fucking rape you... when you least expect it.

I have enough pain in my life already without this shit.

Just wait until BBK wins the Heisman!
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Tequilla said:

I actually compared him to 3 1st round picks:

Cutler played at Vandy and got a boat load of credit for taking them I believe to a bowl game because they are Vandy. Had some decent years in the pro's but consensus wise he's massively underperformed.

Stafford was the #1 overall pick. He's had a solid college and pro career full of numbers but has never won anything. This would be my top call on the path that Eason takes.

Johnny Football won a Heisman but looks to flame out in the NFL.

I guess when I say bust, I'm not thinking Jake Heaps style bust. I'm thinking more in terms of being a guy that puts up big numbers, doesn't win as much as you'd think he should, and nobody can seemingly figure out why. He just comes across to a guy that thinks he's the shit and should be crowned ... maybe/hopefully I'm wrong because I like to see guys succeed, particularly the local guys.

It's not the first time I've put out a controversial opinion and it won't be the last.

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    if he has the career of Johnny football in college and you think he is the problem or he flamed out that is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Quit digging the hole you're in.
  • Options
    I just don't see him as a winner ...

Could be a big stats doesn't win player ...

Could just flat out flame out ...

Either way, it will be interesting.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Eason is a dawg. Cook it.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

if he has the career of Johnny football in college and you think he is the problem or he flamed out that is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Quit digging the hole you're in.

Manziel was probably the most dominant college QB ever in terms of single handedly affecting a game. VY is a close secondL, but Manziel was a way better passer.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Tequilla said:

I just don't see him as a winner ...

Could be a big stats doesn't win player ...

Could just flat out flame out ...

Either way, it will be interesting.

You literally have no way of knowing at this point in time, but either way it'll be interesting.
  • Options

Eason is a dawg. Cook it.

iswydt
  • Options

Manziel was probably the most dominant college QB ever in terms of single handedly affecting a game. VY is a close secondL, but Manziel was a way better passer.
    Manziel was way the fuck overrated.

Run around for 30 seconds then throw up a jumpball in triple coverage for Mike Evans does not equal dominant QB.

Medi.

Ocre.