Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Top 5 underachieving programs of all time

Comments

• whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,708 Swaye's Wigwam

Re: ASU

This Quook faggot (he was dumber and more annoying than Pdx, OneFineDuck, and many others) kept acting like Phoenix had this gigantic amount of talent. I don't follow TBS enough to know if that's true. I know we usually get a couple of guys from there, AZ gets maybe four , and ASU gets several? It's an area of 4,000,000 or maybe a little more so there aren't hundreds of d 1 players.

It's starting to produce more and more talent. Arguably even more talent than the PNW. Only problem is none of them want to play for ASU or AZ. It's a major problem for Graham. They go to the LA schools, Stanford, A&M, Oregon, etc.
    Arizona produces more talent than any other state out west after California. People keep moving there. I hear the weather is great.
    They're usually senior citizens who don't have kids or Messicans who force their kids play futbol.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    1. UCLA
    2. ASU
    3. UW
    4. Oregon (win a natty then pop off)
    5. Cal (too damn high)
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797

I don't really get the ASU one. They aren't a bad program and could be good with a great coach, but so could a lot of schools. They have a lot of hot girls and umm? Umm? The whole state is a dreckfest. Great weather my ass. UCLA has great weather. An average of 100+ from June until September fucking sucks. "Yeah, but it's a dry heat." Fuck off.

Have a look at this ASU campus map before popping off.

• ThumpThump Member Posts: 793
    With a parking lot that looks like id only holds about 30 cars max, got to live the lift line to skier ratio there. But where is the lodge?
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493

Re: ASU

This Quook faggot (he was dumber and more annoying than Pdx, OneFineDuck, and many others) kept acting like Phoenix had this gigantic amount of talent. I don't follow TBS enough to know if that's true. I know we usually get a couple of guys from there, AZ gets maybe four , and ASU gets several? It's an area of 4,000,000 or maybe a little more so there aren't hundreds of d 1 players.

It's starting to produce more and more talent. Arguably even more talent than the PNW. Only problem is none of them want to play for ASU or AZ. It's a major problem for Graham. They go to the LA schools, Stanford, A&M, Oregon, etc.
    Most of them have lived in Arizona for 18 years so I could see why all of them would want to get the fuck out.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    Hello, Texass anyone?
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Completely agree with Roadie on ASU.

Talent is getting better there but most of the players do not stay in Arizona. Last year 7 of the top 10 went out of state. ASU got 4 of the top 12 and Arizona got 3 of the top 15. And this is with both programs at a high and relatively successful over the past few years with good new coaches.

The climate in Arizona sucks. You think guys want to be practicing and working out in 90 degree heat most of the year? Fuck no.

And there are jersey chasing sluts at every fucking school. Certainly more at ASU and UA though.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited July 2015

Talent is getting better there but most of the players do not stay in Arizona. Last year 7 of the top 10 went out of state. ASU got 4 of the top 12 and Arizona got 3 of the top 15. And this is with both programs at a high and relatively successful over the past few years with good new coaches.

The climate in Arizona sucks. You think guys want to be practicing and working out in 90 degree heat most of the year? Fuck no.

And there are jersey chasing sluts at every fucking school. Certainly more at ASU and UA though.

Hi there.

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

• whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,708 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Hi there.

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Nominated
  • HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732

Have you ever lived in AZ? I've lived in AZ (15 years), the South Bay area (3 years) and WA (too many years to mention), and I would not trade AZ's weather for the other two, and it ain't even close. San Diego, on the other hand, wins hands down.

The reason why many AZ kids bail on the local schools is that very few of them were born and raised here. The vast majority of AZ residents are transplants. So the "growing up loving the local school" thing doesn't exist.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797

dnc said:

Hi there.

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

YVBE.
    Agree.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,356 Founders Club
    I hate this thread.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,356 Founders Club
    edited July 2015

Swaye said:

I hate this thread.

• SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,279 Founders Club
    HuskyInAZ said:

Have you ever lived in AZ? I've lived in AZ (15 years), the South Bay area (3 years) and WA (too many years to mention), and I would not trade AZ's weather for the other two, and it ain't even close. San Diego, on the other hand, wins hands down.

The reason why many AZ kids bail on the local schools is that very few of them were born and raised here. The vast majority of AZ residents are transplants. So the "growing up loving the local school" thing doesn't exist.
    Arizona is a beautiful state. The heat is only a problem at lower altitudes and only for a few months of the year. I've seen snow in Flagstaff in April. Sedona, Oak Creek Canyon, Red Rock State Park, the Grand Canyon, the Sonoran Desert, and many other portions of the state are all incredibly beautiful, especially in the late spring when everything has greened up and is blooming. The air is dry, and all joking aside, that does feel pleasant, even at temperatures (high and low) that are unpleasant in more humid climates. 40 and raining in Seattle is a helluva lot "colder" than 32 and dry in Sedona.

I have spent most of my years living in and around Seattle, moving out of the area permanently some time ago. I still get up there very frequently, for business and pleasure, and I do like the area, but the place is far from a panacea. Summers can be beautiful, but the weather does suck for most of the year. Depression and disorders like SAD are linked to this. Traffic has always been a bit of a challenge, but it has become unbearable for most of the Seattle Metro area. State sales taxes, property taxes, liquor taxes, hotel and car rental taxes are all now at ridiculous levels. And to go along with is is one of the most parochial and least diverse populations I've encountered anywhere in the country, both of which have spun some seriously ironic attitudes. Sports fans only need to consider that the Sonics are gone but the Sounders and Mariners are thriving.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

HuskyInAZ said:

Arizona is a beautiful state. The heat is only a problem at lower altitudes and only for a few months of the year. I've seen snow in Flagstaff in April. Sedona, Oak Creek Canyon, Red Rock State Park, the Grand Canyon, the Sonoran Desert, and many other portions of the state are all incredibly beautiful, especially in the late spring when everything has greened up and is blooming. The air is dry, and all joking aside, that does feel pleasant, even at temperatures (high and low) that are unpleasant in more humid climates. 40 and raining in Seattle is a helluva lot "colder" than 32 and dry in Sedona.

I have spent most of my years living in and around Seattle, moving out of the area permanently some time ago. I still get up there very frequently, for business and pleasure, and I do like the area, but the place is far from a panacea. Summers can be beautiful, but the weather does suck for most of the year. Depression and disorders like SAD are linked to this. Traffic has always been a bit of a challenge, but it has become unbearable for most of the Seattle Metro area. State sales taxes, property taxes, liquor taxes, hotel and car rental taxes are all now at ridiculous levels. And to go along with is is one of the most parochial and least diverse populations I've encountered anywhere in the country, both of which have spun some seriously ironic attitudes. Sports fans only need to consider that the Sonics are gone but the Sounders and Mariners are thriving.
    I think you're using a lot of wordz that don't mean what you think they mean.

Also, Arizona is a strip mall fuck hole that is essentially a place where vapid people go because they can't afford Southern California.

Speaking of fuck holes, they do have Wifey, so that's something.

• SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,279 Founders Club

HuskyInAZ said:

I think you're using a lot of wordz that don't mean what you think they mean.

Also, Arizona is a strip mall fuck hole that is essentially a place where vapid people go because they can't afford Southern California.

Speaking of fuck holes, they do have Wifey, so that's something.

You're making my point.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    Fuck Arizona. That is all.
  • HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    AZDuck said:

Fuck Arizona. That is all.

LEAVE !!