Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Top 5 underachieving programs of all time

Comments

• ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904

HuskyInAZ said:

Completely agree with Roadie on ASU.

Talent is getting better there but most of the players do not stay in Arizona. Last year 7 of the top 10 went out of state. ASU got 4 of the top 12 and Arizona got 3 of the top 15. And this is with both programs at a high and relatively successful over the past few years with good new coaches.

The climate in Arizona sucks. You think guys want to be practicing and working out in 90 degree heat most of the year? Fuck no.

And there are jersey chasing sluts at every fucking school. Certainly more at ASU and UA though.

Have you ever lived in AZ? I've lived in AZ (15 years), the South Bay area (3 years) and WA (too many years to mention), and I would not trade AZ's weather for the other two, and it ain't even close. San Diego, on the other hand, wins hands down.

The reason why many AZ kids bail on the local schools is that very few of them were born and raised here. The vast majority of AZ residents are transplants. So the "growing up loving the local school" thing doesn't exist.
    Arizona is a beautiful state. The heat is only a problem at lower altitudes and only for a few months of the year. I've seen snow in Flagstaff in April. Sedona, Oak Creek Canyon, Red Rock State Park, the Grand Canyon, the Sonoran Desert, and many other portions of the state are all incredibly beautiful, especially in the late spring when everything has greened up and is blooming. The air is dry, and all joking aside, that does feel pleasant, even at temperatures (high and low) that are unpleasant in more humid climates. 40 and raining in Seattle is a helluva lot "colder" than 32 and dry in Sedona.

I have spent most of my years living in and around Seattle, moving out of the area permanently some time ago. I still get up there very frequently, for business and pleasure, and I do like the area, but the place is far from a panacea. Summers can be beautiful, but the weather does suck for most of the year. Depression and disorders like SAD are linked to this. Traffic has always been a bit of a challenge, but it has become unbearable for most of the Seattle Metro area. State sales taxes, property taxes, liquor taxes, hotel and car rental taxes are all now at ridiculous levels. And to go along with is is one of the most parochial and least diverse populations I've encountered anywhere in the country, both of which have spun some seriously ironic attitudes. Sports fans only need to consider that the Sonics are gone but the Sounders and Mariners are thriving.
    what about a university for the ELITISTS?
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,461 Swaye's Wigwam

HuskyInAZ said:

Talent is getting better there but most of the players do not stay in Arizona. Last year 7 of the top 10 went out of state. ASU got 4 of the top 12 and Arizona got 3 of the top 15. And this is with both programs at a high and relatively successful over the past few years with good new coaches.

The climate in Arizona sucks. You think guys want to be practicing and working out in 90 degree heat most of the year? Fuck no.

And there are jersey chasing sluts at every fucking school. Certainly more at ASU and UA though.

Have you ever lived in AZ? I've lived in AZ (15 years), the South Bay area (3 years) and WA (too many years to mention), and I would not trade AZ's weather for the other two, and it ain't even close. San Diego, on the other hand, wins hands down.

The reason why many AZ kids bail on the local schools is that very few of them were born and raised here. The vast majority of AZ residents are transplants. So the "growing up loving the local school" thing doesn't exist.
    Arizona is a beautiful state. The heat is only a problem at lower altitudes and only for a few months of the year. I've seen snow in Flagstaff in April. Sedona, Oak Creek Canyon, Red Rock State Park, the Grand Canyon, the Sonoran Desert, and many other portions of the state are all incredibly beautiful, especially in the late spring when everything has greened up and is blooming. The air is dry, and all joking aside, that does feel pleasant, even at temperatures (high and low) that are unpleasant in more humid climates. 40 and raining in Seattle is a helluva lot "colder" than 32 and dry in Sedona.

I have spent most of my years living in and around Seattle, moving out of the area permanently some time ago. I still get up there very frequently, for business and pleasure, and I do like the area, but the place is far from a panacea. Summers can be beautiful, but the weather does suck for most of the year. Depression and disorders like SAD are linked to this. Traffic has always been a bit of a challenge, but it has become unbearable for most of the Seattle Metro area. State sales taxes, property taxes, liquor taxes, hotel and car rental taxes are all now at ridiculous levels. And to go along with is is one of the most parochial and least diverse populations I've encountered anywhere in the country, both of which have spun some seriously ironic attitudes. Sports fans only need to consider that the Sonics are gone but the Sounders and Mariners are thriving.
    what about a university for the ELITISTS?
    CWU?
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,517 Founders Club
    edited July 2015

HuskyInAZ said:

I think you're using a lot of wordz that don't mean what you think they mean.

Also, Arizona is a strip mall fuck hole that is essentially a place where vapid people go because they can't afford Southern California.

Speaking of fuck holes, they do have Wifey, so that's something.

I was in L.A. for a couple of days in 2002. It was nothing special. The beach wasn't bad. In fact, a lot of it was fucking bario and scary. A lot of Hollyweird was sketchy as hell. Like Phoenix, I'm sure there are good parts, but overall, it wasn't all that great. Maybe it was better 30, 40, 50, 60 years ago? I saw the Central Valley, albeit on 99. That sucked too. The Redwood area isn't bad if you're 15 miles inland between the crap marine weather and 96 degree heat.

Also, Kerry King (SLAYER), Dave Mustaine (Megadeth) both moved from SoCal to AZ. They're doing fine on funds unless they're moronic rawk stars who can't save a dime. Plus there's Alice.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

HuskyInAZ said:

Also, Arizona is a strip mall fuck hole that is essentially a place where vapid people go because they can't afford Southern California.

I was in L.A. for a couple of days in 2002. It was nothing special. The beach wasn't bad. In fact, a lot of it was fucking bario and scary. A lot of Hollyweird was sketchy as hell. Like Phoenix, I'm sure there are good parts, but overall, it wasn't all that great. Maybe it was better 30, 40, 50, 60 years ago? I saw the Central Valley, albeit on 99. That sucked too. The Redwood area isn't bad if you're 15 miles inland between the crap marine weather and 96 degree heat.

Also, Kerry King (SLAYER), Dave Mustaine (Megadeth) both moved from SoCal to AZ. They're doing fine on funds unless they're moronic rawk stars who can't save a dime. Plus there's Alice.
    Where the hell did you visit in LA other than Hollywood? Hollywood mostly sucks.

To each their own, but the weather in Arizona is what makes it so unbearable. I once went there in late September, and it was 110 each day. There is a reason the houses are dirt cheap in the Tempe/Phoenix area.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

HuskyInAZ said:

Are you fucking kidding me? LA is scary? Holy goddamn fuckall.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,901 Founders Club
    1. Cali is a shithole.
    2. Arizona is a hotter shithole.
  • HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    edited July 2015

HuskyInAZ said:

Where the hell did you visit in LA other than Hollywood? Hollywood mostly sucks.

To each their own, but the weather in Arizona is what makes it so unbearable. I once went there in late September, and it was 110 each day. There is a reason the houses are dirt cheap in the Tempe/Phoenix area.
    I once spent a week in San Diego in June, and it never got over 65 degrees. Didn't see the sun one time. As a result, I have determined that San Diego sucks.

Spent plenty of time in SoCal over the past 10 years. Overall, SoCal's only redeeming qualities are the weather and the beach. So San Clemente to Santa Monica, a mile or two off the beach.....good stuff. Everything else sucks balls. Traffic, taxes, gangs, air quality, property values, liberal government.....

As for 110 degrees in AZ in September, I'm sure it's happened. I don't remember it, and I've been here 15 years. But then again, I'll take a 10% humidity 110 degrees over 90 degrees and 50%+ humidity any day of the week. And why no mention of October - April weather in AZ?

Property values/prices in PHX have a whole lot to do with supply of land. There is a ton of available land in the greater Phoenix area, and that will continue into the foreseeable future. Until it begins to fill up, property values will remain relatively low.
  • BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279

HuskyInAZ said:

HuskyInAZ said:

I once spent a week in San Diego in June, and it never got over 65 degrees. Didn't see the sun one time. As a result, I have determined that San Diego sucks.

Spent plenty of time in SoCal over the past 10 years. Overall, SoCal's only redeeming qualities are the weather and the beach. So San Clemente to Santa Monica, a mile or two off the beach.....good stuff. Everything else sucks balls. Traffic, taxes, gangs, air quality, property values, liberal government.....

As for 110 degrees in AZ in September, I'm sure it's happened. I don't remember it, and I've been here 15 years. But then again, I'll take a 10% humidity 110 degrees over 90 degrees and 50%+ humidity any day of the week. And why no mention of October - April weather in AZ?

Property values/prices in PHX have a whole lot to do with supply of land. There is a ton of available land in the greater Phoenix area, and that will continue into the foreseeable future. Until it begins to fill up, property values will remain relatively low.
    Land without water is worthless.
    Disagree.

• HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Vegas further proves Boobs' point.
  • Sundevil76Sundevil76 Member Posts: 109
    Dardanus said:

I agree with RoadDawg on ASU....they haven't underachieved. Why should the be good? Warm weather, parties, and girls do not make a championship program.

They've achieved exactly as much as they should.

Dardanus said:

I agree with RoadDawg on ASU....they haven't underachieved. Why should the be good? Warm weather, parties, and girls do not make a championship program.

Dardanus said:

The writer is a hack and one of the least informed talking heads. I doubt he knows prior to the Pete Carrol era ASU was pretty even with USC and in fact had won one more game. Just like Washington was very good when Oregon was like Colorado today. Save the academic stuff and thugs for the SEC and teams like Florida State please.
  • DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623

Dardanus said:

Dardanus said:

Dardanus said:

The writer is a hack and one of the least informed talking heads. I doubt he knows prior to the Pete Carrol era ASU was pretty even with USC and in fact had won one more game. Just like Washington was very good when Oregon was like Colorado today. Save the academic stuff and thugs for the SEC and teams like Florida State please.
    Being champion of the Border conference and WAC does not make ASU even with USC.
  • HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732

HuskyInAZ said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Land without water is worthless.
    You mean water falling from the sky?
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,708 Swaye's Wigwam
    Top 5 underachieving:

1. Doogman
    2. Doogpound
    3. Doogreport
    4. Realdoog
    5. Doogboard
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Top 5 underachieving:

1. Doogman
    2. Doogpound
    3. Doogreport
    4. Realdoog
    5. Doogboard

Jewd's so underachieving he couldn't even get out of bed to make this top 5.

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,945
    Tequilla said:

Don't forget when talking about Miami that you should always consult creepycoug first, because he's all over that shit. As for me, I'm still krisvashon stupid, so whatever.

Good post!
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,945
    Gladstone said:

I'd put Michigan at #2 behind UCLA.

1) You played 11 or 12 games per year over the last 40 years. You have more talent (usually by far) than arguably everybody except 2 teams on your schedule (OSU and ND sometimes). You play in front of the biggest crowd in the country at home and have a college major basically designed to keep everyone eligible (kinesiology).

2) You create the easiest schedule for yourself possible. You refuse to play in the southeastern part of the country (last regular season game there in 1985) and basically are boycotting the west (where you're 0-7 since 1998 when you get there - usually to lose the Rose Bowl). Many years you play your four road games in states which are bordering Michigan (like Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin). You play FSU and Miami at home and never give them a home game. You play Florida and Alabama only at neutral sites.

3) You're 4-12 in Rose Bowls in the last 50 years. You've won 1/2 a national championship in the last 67 years.

4) Since 1975, you have had only ONE season of one or less loss or tie (you know, something that Coach Petersen has done FIVE FUCKING TIMES ALREADY). You think you could just fall into seasons like that every few years with all these advantages.

POTY. Everyone else just stop and lock the thread. Michigan wins.
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,793
    edited August 2015

HuskyInAZ said:

Hollywood and Beverly Hills really fuck up LAs rep. I lived in Brentwood for a while (mom was tired of my shit) and it was spectacular. 15 min from the beach and access to Wilshire, Santa Monica, and the 405. IMO best hood in LA.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    HuskyInAZ said:

AZDuck said:

Fuck Arizona. That is all.

LEAVE !!
    I did.

Pierce County represent!