Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

CONGRATS !!! NOW STFU !!!

d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109
To all the faggots in here. I voted for Gay Marriage and supported this decision, primarily because the government has no business regulating marriage.

Now, Mayor McFag and the rest of you, SHUT THE FUCK UP !!! Lots of us who support you are VERY FUCKING TIRED of your fucking drama about how discriminated against you were.

Comments

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Death was for it before he was against it.
  • OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    Yes, because everything is fine now.

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,921 Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

Death was for it before he was against it.

Kind of like Obama.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    That New Yorker cover is fucking awesome.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,520 Founders Club
    I used to get the New Yorker. I kind of miss it as a racist liberal.
  • HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First the executive branch is making laws. Now the judicial branch is making laws. Hell, let's do away with the legislative branch, the ones who should be making laws. It'd save a ton of money and they don't get much done anyway.

Of the people, by the people, for the people.....highly overrated.

Gotta love the trajectory of our once great nation.
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    HuskyInAZ said:

First the executive branch is making laws. Now the judicial branch is making laws. Hell, let's do away with the legislative branch, the ones who should be making laws. It'd save a ton of money and they don't get much done anyway.

Um, i would agree with you on pretty much all of the above if the legislative branch actually had done, well, anything in the last 10-15 years. Both dem and rep house's have done absolutely jack shit with the laws other than "oppose" the other which in turn forces the other two into action.

Health care has long been an issue that both sides should have done something about, and the majority of "scotuscare" was actual a conservative platform 20 years ago. Both should have done something with it to make sure we didn't end up with "obamacare" in it's current form. Instead, we're left with what it was. Fuck both sides for leaving it.

Marriage should be available to all. if you want a religious ceremony go after it with big fucking bells and whistles. Nobody is stopping you.
  • HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732

HuskyInAZ said:

Um, i would agree with you on pretty much all of the above if the legislative branch actually had done, well, anything in the last 10-15 years. Both dem and rep house's have done absolutely jack shit with the laws other than "oppose" the other which in turn forces the other two into action.

Health care has long been an issue that both sides should have done something about, and the majority of "scotuscare" was actual a conservative platform 20 years ago. Both should have done something with it to make sure we didn't end up with "obamacare" in it's current form. Instead, we're left with what it was. Fuck both sides for leaving it.

Marriage should be available to all. if you want a religious ceremony go after it with big fucking bells and whistles. Nobody is stopping you.
    Pretty sure that's what I said.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    haie said:

OZONE said:

I like to focus on the minority of religious people who are fucking retards instead of the majority of religious people who would give the shirts off their backs and food for fucking drug addicts, atheists, and homeless people just because. I'm OZONEFS from pos Libfield College living in a house boat.
    Disagree.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    HuskyInAZ said:

It is interesting to see how we're in a position where the federal government is once again dictating policy across the nation for all states ...

It is also interesting that today's decision is coming at the same time as the outrage about the Confederate flag is once again ramping up ...

I suspect that if you poll most people, they would say that the Civil War (and by default, the Confederate flag being representative of) was to end slavery. Most forget that a leading reason that the Civil War took place, and the reason that the South seceded was because of the growing differences between the growing industrious Northern states and the more rural/farming Southern states and that the balance of power resided with the Northern states and most policies were benefiting the Northern states at the expense of the Southern states. Most don't realize that the Civil War started in 1861 and that the Emancipation Proclamation wasn't until 1863. There's no doubt that slavery was involved in the underlying reasoning. But the Civil War wasn't a difference of opinion that was tied to the issues surrounding slavery and only that.

Bottom line is that throughout the history of this country, there has always been a delicate balance between the Federal government trying to dictate law to ALL states ... which flies in the face of the concept of the rights of the individual States and their ability to govern in a way that best represents the needs and desires of the people within their State. That's true today as much as it was 150 years ago.

*Note: In no way are my comments supportive of the Confederate Flag. I understand why many in the South have strong feelings for the flag (and not all of those feelings are tied into the concepts of slavery and racism). I also completely understand what the flag represents for the vast majority of people. Retiring the flag is the right decision. Nobody should forget the events of the Civil War (the before, during, or after). But at this point in our society, the damage that the flag causes is far too great.

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

OZONE said:

I like to focus on the minority of religious people who are fucking retards instead of the majority of religious people who would give the shirts off their backs and food for fucking drug addicts, atheists, and homeless people just because. I'm OZONEFS from pos Libfield College living in a house boat.
    Disagree.
    You must be an authority on this considering you've spent about .081 seconds in a church.
    haie said:

OZONE said:

You have those ratios reversed. Otherwise, good memory about Linfield.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    edited June 2015
    HuskyInAZ said:

The Supremes' holdings in Citizen's United and Hobby Lobby say mind your own business, you fucking peasant.

Here is the first draft of the New Yorker cover that was deemed too "racy" to publish:

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2015
    OZONE said:

haie said:

OZONE said:

And you, Fremont, and APAG would know about that how? Because you read Christopher Hitchens books? Because Fremont and APAG still can't get over the hillbillies in Red Square?

Thanks for your honesty about Libfield. It's almost as big of a pile of shit as UO's campus.
    edited June 2015
    haie said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

OZONE said:

And you, Fremont, and APAG would know about that how? Because you read Christopher Hitchens books? Because Fremont and APAG still can't get over the hillbillies in Red Square?

Thanks for your honesty about Libfield. It's almost as big of a pile of shit as UO's campus.
    I know about it because I grew up attending a Lutheran church and have numerous "christian" relatives and childhood friends. Never saw any of them give the shirts from their backs for anybody -- but a good number of them (the Eastern WA contingent) have extremely bigoted views -- one went so far as to not invite our mutual cousin to his wedding -- because that cousin is gay (he was the only cousin not invited). This bigot is a serious christian though -- and will tell you so, any chance he gets. He works construction, loves Rush L, played FB for WSU (until he flunked out). This is the epitome of the american conservative christian in my mind -- loves Rush L, dumb as shit, and a bigot.

Christians like this (the majority in the US I'd say) don't help others. They just want to live what they think is a "righteous" life so that they can get to heaven after they die. Very similar to ultra conservative Islamists.

As to Linfield -- one of my dorm mates (who played TE for the Wildcats on their 82 national championship year) is now an associate AD at the UW. I guess coming from a "pile of shit" college is good enough to land a associate AD job at the UW?