Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

[SPOILERS] Game of Thrones Finale Discussion [SPOILERS]

Comments

• CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646

My biggest complaint abot the whole show is that they really didn't point out how important the direwolves are to the Stark kids, especially as we start to see that it appears most of the Stark kids can Warg with their wolves.

Huh?

Bran is the only confirmed warg in the books.

Why would the show add or emphasize a minor detail like that when the books have only hinted at some of the others also being able to warg?
    I thought they had pointed out in the books that Jon can warg, or at least strong hints... I also thought Arya had dreams that may have actually been real life where she warged with Nymeria.

You might be right, honestly, it's been a LONG time since I have read the books.
    OK, so we are both right/wrong.

Current Stark warg power ranking:

1) Bran is the obvious one. No question about him. He can control another person.

2) Arya has the wolf dreams of Nymeria's wolfpack, but she also sees through the eyes of cats in Braavos while she is "blind".

3) Jon hasn't warged consciously (yet). But the wildling skinchangers suspect/sense he and Ghost are connected and that Jon is very powerful skinchanger.

4) Robb: there were rumors that he warged into his wolf during battles with the Lannisters. Could just be war stories, could be true. Either way, he's dead now.

5) Rickon: never warged as far as we know (although he and Bran both dream of Ned's death), but he and Shaggydog are both wild and crazy.

6) Sansa's wolf is dead. Arya and Bran have used other animals, but no sign of Sansa doing anything.

Excuse me while I go kick my own ass now.
    We are loosers. No one wins here.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    What a stupid ending to such a shitty season. I seriously hope everyone just dies now.

• ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

What a stupid ending to such a shitty season. I seriously hope everyone just dies now.

Why was it stupid?
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Hi. I'm glad you finally decided to watch Game of Thrones last night.

As you are a new viewer to the program, let me give you one key piece of information about the show:

Everybody dies.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    There's a lot of people still watching this show that still think Ned's death was a twist.

They don't get it.
  • BlackieBlackie Member Posts: 499
    They just need more time to get more rape in. The season is over. Let it play out.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,507 Swaye's Wigwam
    The tv show is nearing shark jumping territory.

The books jumped the shark after A Storm of Swords. Three hundred pages of Brienne wandering around only to get her tits eaten off? Thanks a lot George you fat piece of shit.

How the fuck HBO thought 10 episode seasons were enough to cover this clusterfuck of a story is beyond me. The pacing is shit. The battles are shit. NOGAF about the stupid fucking Mereen storyline or who the fuck the harpy is.

George R R Martin is gonna fucking die before A Dream of Spring has 100 fucking pages written.

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,635 Standard Supporter
    I'm fucking pissed we haven't seen Natalie Dornan's knockers for about 6 episodes.

She was much more 'giving' in The Tudors.

• CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    Gladstone said:

I totally forgot that in the show they had Melisandre meet Baric. Even more obvious that Jon will be brought back.

• GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/06/jon-snow-dead-game-of-thrones-azor-ahai-melisandre-warg

Best article I've read on the finale so far. Fuck. Now I don't know what to think. Everyone should read that.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,507 Swaye's Wigwam

Gladstone said:

I totally forgot that in the show they had Melisandre meet Baric.

Another one of the 50011 loose ends that will likely never get resolved
  • Citrus4TroogsCitrus4Troogs Member Posts: 248
    edited June 2015
    Since it was pretty obvious that Tyrion would become an advisor to Dany (hasn't happened in the books yet), Stannis losing the battle for Winterfell and (probably) dying was the first real "spoiler" of the book material I can recall. Until last night, I always assumed that Ramsay was full of shit when he wrote a letter to Jon mocking him about winning the battle.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    It's kind of a big deal that they didn't show Stannis dying. Or not. Either way, it will be interesting.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    Beric Dondarrion

he ded