Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The lack of upperclassmen and the transition to Petersen's culture

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited June 2015

HuskyInAZ said:

HuskyInAZ said:

HuskyInAZ said:

HFNY said:

The OP is why most rational observers are predicting a 5-7 to 7-5 regular season.

There's no upper level / NFL talent left from the 2011 and 2012 classes except for maybe Dwayne Washington. Josh Perkins may have a slight chance but needs to be playing at closer to 240 lbs so that he can add more in the running game.

I used to be more bullish on Dex Charles he's had problems staying healthy and that's slowed him down.

5-7 against this dreckfest of a schedule is bullshit.

HTH
    The narrative about a "dreckfest of a schedule" is complete BS.

A little data for you, comparing the mighty SEC, SEC, SEC with the P12 in terms of non-conference scheduling.....

2015 SEC Non-Conference Away games (keeping in mind they have 4 non-conference games/year):
    Georgia vs GT
    LSU vs. Syracuse
    MSU vs. Southern Miss
    Missouri vs. Arkansas State
    Ole Miss vs. Memphis
    Vandy vs. Mid Tennessee
    Vandy vs. Houston

2015 SEC Neutral Field games:
    Alabama vs Wisconsin @ Dallas - I'm ignoring this match-up, as it's fairly close to a neutral field.

P12 Non-Conference Away games (keeping in mind they have 3 non-conference games/year):
    Arizona vs. Nevada
    ASU vs. TAMU @ Dallas (a virtual home game for TAMU)
    Cal vs. Texas
    Colorado vs. Hawaii
    Oregon vs. Michigan State
    OSU vs. Michigan
    Stanford vs. Northwestern
    UCLA vs. UNLV
    USC vs. Notre Dame
    Utah vs. Fresno State
    UW vs. BSU
    WSU vs Rutgers

Let's see. The SEC, SEC, SEC has 14 teams playing a total of 56 non-conference games. Of those 56 games, 7 are away games (2 of those are played by the worst team in the conference). Overall, 7/56 = 12.5% of SEC, SEC, SEC non-conference games are played away.

In the P12, every single team has an away, non-conference game. With 12 teams and 36 non-conference games in total, that works out to 12/36 = 33.3% of non-conference games played away.

And this doesn't take into account whether a team like BSU is a tougher opponent than Southern Miss, Arkansas State, Memphis, Mid Tennessee or Houston, 5 of the 7 SEC non-conference games played away.

So who exactly has a dreckfest of a schedule?
    Both
    Bull Shit. One conference plays 12.5% of their non-conference schedule on the road, while the other conference plays 33.3% of their non-conference schedule on the road. Apples & oranges. The SEC is a pack of entitled pussies with fans who are too stupid to realize it.
    Are you seriously proud by teams like Arizona going to Nevada, UCLA going to UNLV, and Utah to Fresno? Fuck man, I'm embarrassed. I'm embarrassed that the Pac-12 are traveling to MWC stadiums next season. And in response to the SEC, what about next year when the state rivalries switch and Florida goes to FSU, USC goes to Clemson, UK goes to Louisville? How "dreck" is 2016 between the two conferences?

To me, your data on away games doesn't refute awful scheduling between both conferences but just shows how willing Pac-12 ADs are to give up free money. Does UCLA really need to go to UNLV? Does Arizona need to go to Nevada? If these ADs were like SEC ADs and demanded home games, they would've made more money since 70k in the Rose Bowl plus a fee to UNLV is gonna generate more than 25K in Sam Boyd.
    Pretty sure I didn't say I was proud of AZ, UCLA and Utah for their non-conference scheduling. But don't let facts get in the way of your rant. The fact is both conferences schedule shitty non-conference teams. The P12, though, certainly plays a tougher non-conference schedule, and they play teams who are good enough to merit a home and home series. The conference of "dreckfest" non-conference scheduling is clearly the SEC.

My issue in all of this is that it was suggested that UW's schedule is a "dreckfest", despite the fact that they play BSU on the road, who is arguably better than any non-conference team that ANY SEC school plays on the road.
    Is English your first language or are you just retarded?
    HuskyInAZ said:

don't let facts get in the way of your rant.

Ok.
    HuskyInAZ said:

The fact is both conferences schedule shitty non-conference teams.

Ok.

Just because the SEC has shittier scheduling - which I've said in all my posts - doesn't mean the Pac-12 isn't guilty of shit scheduling, too. Hell, even you agree.

Just admit both conferences suck at non-conference scheduling and stop being a little bitch.

Both conferences DONT. suck at non-con scheduling BITCH. The pac12 and Big10 always play AT LEAST 1 quality or above-quality opponent. Have forever, every year. Sometimes 2 (in UW and UCLA's case). The SEC DOES FUCKING NEITHER.

Nevada, idaho, $ac St , doesnt matter. Home or away. Now fuck off writeabout
    Who was UW's quality non conference opponent last year?
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    dnc said:

HuskyInAZ said:

HuskyInAZ said:

HuskyInAZ said:

HFNY said:

The OP is why most rational observers are predicting a 5-7 to 7-5 regular season.

There's no upper level / NFL talent left from the 2011 and 2012 classes except for maybe Dwayne Washington. Josh Perkins may have a slight chance but needs to be playing at closer to 240 lbs so that he can add more in the running game.

I used to be more bullish on Dex Charles he's had problems staying healthy and that's slowed him down.

HTH

A little data for you, comparing the mighty SEC, SEC, SEC with the P12 in terms of non-conference scheduling.....

2015 SEC Non-Conference Away games (keeping in mind they have 4 non-conference games/year):
    Georgia vs GT
    LSU vs. Syracuse
    MSU vs. Southern Miss
    Ole Miss vs. Memphis
    Vandy vs. Mid Tennessee
    Vandy vs. Houston

Alabama vs Wisconsin @ Dallas - I'm ignoring this match-up, as it's fairly close to a neutral field.

P12 Non-Conference Away games (keeping in mind they have 3 non-conference games/year):
    Arizona vs. Nevada
    Cal vs. Texas
    Colorado vs. Hawaii
    OSU vs. Michigan
    UCLA vs. UNLV
    USC vs. Notre Dame
    Utah vs. Fresno State
    UW vs. BSU
    WSU vs Rutgers

Let's see. The SEC, SEC, SEC has 14 teams playing a total of 56 non-conference games. Of those 56 games, 7 are away games (2 of those are played by the worst team in the conference). Overall, 7/56 = 12.5% of SEC, SEC, SEC non-conference games are played away.

In the P12, every single team has an away, non-conference game. With 12 teams and 36 non-conference games in total, that works out to 12/36 = 33.3% of non-conference games played away.

And this doesn't take into account whether a team like BSU is a tougher opponent than Southern Miss, Arkansas State, Memphis, Mid Tennessee or Houston, 5 of the 7 SEC non-conference games played away.

Both
    Bull Shit. One conference plays 12.5% of their non-conference schedule on the road, while the other conference plays 33.3% of their non-conference schedule on the road. Apples & oranges. The SEC is a pack of entitled pussies with fans who are too stupid to realize it.
    Are you seriously proud by teams like Arizona going to Nevada, UCLA going to UNLV, and Utah to Fresno? Fuck man, I'm embarrassed. I'm embarrassed that the Pac-12 are traveling to MWC stadiums next season. And in response to the SEC, what about next year when the state rivalries switch and Florida goes to FSU, USC goes to Clemson, UK goes to Louisville? How "dreck" is 2016 between the two conferences?

To me, your data on away games doesn't refute awful scheduling between both conferences but just shows how willing Pac-12 ADs are to give up free money. Does UCLA really need to go to UNLV? Does Arizona need to go to Nevada? If these ADs were like SEC ADs and demanded home games, they would've made more money since 70k in the Rose Bowl plus a fee to UNLV is gonna generate more than 25K in Sam Boyd.
    Pretty sure I didn't say I was proud of AZ, UCLA and Utah for their non-conference scheduling. But don't let facts get in the way of your rant. The fact is both conferences schedule shitty non-conference teams. The P12, though, certainly plays a tougher non-conference schedule, and they play teams who are good enough to merit a home and home series. The conference of "dreckfest" non-conference scheduling is clearly the SEC.

My issue in all of this is that it was suggested that UW's schedule is a "dreckfest", despite the fact that they play BSU on the road, who is arguably better than any non-conference team that ANY SEC school plays on the road.
    HuskyInAZ said:

Ok.
    HuskyInAZ said:

Ok.

Just because the SEC has shittier scheduling - which I've said in all my posts - doesn't mean the Pac-12 isn't guilty of shit scheduling, too. Hell, even you agree.

Just admit both conferences suck at non-conference scheduling and stop being a little bitch.

Both conferences DONT. suck at non-con scheduling BITCH. The pac12 and Big10 always play AT LEAST 1 quality or above-quality opponent. Have forever, every year. Sometimes 2 (in UW and UCLA's case). The SEC DOES FUCKING NEITHER.

Who was UW's quality non conference opponent last year?
    Eastern
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

HuskyInAZ said:

HuskyInAZ said:

HuskyInAZ said:

HFNY said:

HTH

Georgia vs GT
    LSU vs. Syracuse
    MSU vs. Southern Miss
    Ole Miss vs. Memphis
    Vandy vs. Mid Tennessee
    Vandy vs. Houston

Arizona vs. Nevada
    Cal vs. Texas
    Colorado vs. Hawaii
    OSU vs. Michigan
    UCLA vs. UNLV
    USC vs. Notre Dame
    Utah vs. Fresno State
    UW vs. BSU
    WSU vs Rutgers

Both

HuskyInAZ said:

Ok.
    HuskyInAZ said:

Ok.

I thought you were a Husky fan?

You clearly don't know shit about their OOC schedules.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    Jesus. What the fuck did I just read?
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,018 Founders Club
    Can't wait for Bama/Wisconsin!
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    Whew!!!

And here I thought this was gonna be another it's all Sarq's fault thread.

HuskyInAZ said:

HuskyInAZ said:

HFNY said:

HTH

Georgia vs GT
    LSU vs. Syracuse
    MSU vs. Southern Miss
    Ole Miss vs. Memphis
    Vandy vs. Mid Tennessee
    Vandy vs. Houston

Arizona vs. Nevada
    Cal vs. Texas
    Colorado vs. Hawaii
    OSU vs. Michigan
    UCLA vs. UNLV
    USC vs. Notre Dame
    Utah vs. Fresno State
    UW vs. BSU
    WSU vs Rutgers

Both

Kreist.

USC/ Clemson and UF/FSU have been playing each other forever. It's called an in-state rivalry. Last I heard Lexington and Louisville are in the same state too.

I like to tout my coaches 92-12 record and then call the place where he did all that work an embarrassment. It's what I like to do.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

Whew!!!

And here I thought this was gonna be another it's all Sarq's fault thread.

Good to know Sark finds time away from Kim/Puppy/Yogi/GekkoMojo to let you suck his balls.
    It's good to see that It's all Lambo... er Gilby.. er Try....er Sarq's fault threads will never die with this fan base.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,018 Founders Club
    This is a Pac-12 non-conference scheduling bashing thread. LEAVE!
    salemcoog said:

It's good to see that It's all Lambo... er Gilby.. er Try....er Sarq's fault threads will never die with this fan base.

Yeah because clearly Sark has nothing to do with losing to dreck teams like yours or an absence of upper-class linemen. I'm not sure that you're aware that UW's gameplan, while pretty fucktarded in and of itself, is not about throwing 100 4-yard slants before your qb gets murdered. As a matter of fact I'm not sure you even understand how college football works. Better go back to sucking off that awesome Packers organization.
    haie said:

salemcoog said:

Yeah because clearly Sark has nothing to do with losing to dreck teams like yours or an absence of upper-class linemen. I'm not sure that you're aware that UW's gameplan, while pretty fucktarded in and of itself, is not about throwing 100 4-yard slants before your qb gets murdered. As a matter of fact I'm not sure you even understand how college football works. Better go back to sucking off that awesome Packers organization.
    A lot of sucking of the balls in your posts.

Take heart young Doog, an adult is in charge of the program now.
    salemcoog said:

haie said:

salemcoog said:

A lot of sucking of the balls in your posts.

Take heart young Doog, an adult is in charge of the program now.
    False.

In addition to college football, I recommend figuring out what a doog actually is.
  • BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    If Pac12 OOC scheduling is dreck, then every conference's OOC scheduling is dreck.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,716 Swaye's Wigwam

If Pac12 OOC scheduling is dreck, then every conference's OOC scheduling is dreck.

Agreed.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club
    I just dropped by to say if Peterman can't win 6 games next year, he should be run over by a napalm filled double decker on the 50.

• puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133

HuskyInAZ said:

HuskyInAZ said:

HuskyInAZ said:

HFNY said:

HTH

Georgia vs GT
    LSU vs. Syracuse
    MSU vs. Southern Miss
    Ole Miss vs. Memphis
    Vandy vs. Mid Tennessee
    Vandy vs. Houston

Arizona vs. Nevada
    Cal vs. Texas
    Colorado vs. Hawaii
    OSU vs. Michigan
    UCLA vs. UNLV
    USC vs. Notre Dame
    Utah vs. Fresno State
    UW vs. BSU
    WSU vs Rutgers

Both

HuskyInAZ said:

Ok.
    HuskyInAZ said:

Ok.

Arizona's non-con 2015:
    UTSA
    at Nevada
    Northern Arizona

Colorado's non-con 2015:
    at Hawaii
    UMass
    Colorado State
    Nicholls State

Ok, PuppyLoves_SuckingSark, who are the quality opponents for these Pac-12 schools?

Let's just drop the SEC discussion because you dumb cunts don't realize that I'm saying the SEC is shit tier, too. Just because the Pac-12 is better at scheduling doesn't mean the Pac-12 is not shit tier either. They're a higher level of shit tier, but they're still shit tier.

Wanna know who isn't shit-tier at scheduling? The ACC. They play 21 BCS opponents, and BSU since who gives a fuck, which is 39% of their non-conference games. Pac-12 is 29%. Since away games is your definition of good non-con scheduling, the ACC is 35%, which is higher than the Pac-12's 32%. It doesn't mean anything to me because I'd rather see a team play a home game against a Virginia Tech than going away to New Mexico State. And Puppy is right, the Big Ten is pretty good at non-con scheduling too, a step ahead of the Pac-12. They're 31% BCS (vs 29% Pac-12) and 25% away games (vs 32% for Pac-12), but they play fewer DI-AA games (13% versus 22% for Pac-12). That's important, too.

To me, the Big 12 needs to fucking die in a fiery landslide, the SEC is shitty shit, the Pac-12 is shit-but-not-as-shitty-as-the-SEC, the Big Ten is bare-minimum acceptable, and the ACC is the tallest midget.

To me, the ABC system is the bare-minimum for any team, which means to cut out the DI-AA schools and play something like a Michigan/Texas, BYU/Indiana, Idaho/SJSU type schedule every year. That's what I want, and while some teams in the Pac-12 are there, we're heading in the opposite direction as evidenced by UA, Colorado, UW and Wazzu. Arizona doesn't play a BCS non-con team until 2019 and Wazzu waits until Wisconsin in 2022. All we have to look forward to in the next 6 years is Rutgers twice and Michigan twice, sandwiched by 2 years without a BCS level opponent.
    Lets just throw out colorado's and Arizona's non con schedule.. Bastions of Pac12's superiority and scheduling. Dumbass
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club
    Colorado has one of the rare non USC national titles
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    edited June 2015

Yup. Going on 30 years ago. kinda like Washington, However Dub actually got competitive again. After Colorado'z fiesta bowl, theyve been dormant for 15 years.

Oh and Race, they got a 5th down
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Yup. Going on 30 years ago. kinda like Washington, However Dub actually got competitive again. After Colorado'z fiesta bowl, theyve been dormant for 15 years.

Oh and Race, they got a 5th down
    Stop living in the past.