Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PM to the Board from a soon-to-be former HCH poster after today's nonsense

Comments

• puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133

Dardanus said:

Most analysis right now is just speculation. How many different ways can we argue about whether Lenius will be a productive receiver? Until we have more information (August), there's not a whole lot of analysis to be done, even by the moast INTELLIGENT of us.

Edit: dammit, wooshed again!!

This forum is what happens when 20+ trolls meet. I get really fucking irritated with some of the repetitive jokes here...it's not funny IMO. I yawn.. That said, I post on some various facebook boards and typically become one of the dominant-asshole-trolls myself on many of those boards, out of boredom. I probably get called an asshole at least once a week on at least one of those. Ive realized that I am an arrogant prick. There are a lot of narcissistic trolls here on this site, myself included....perhaps we are just naturally drawn to one another...sort of like how inmates are drawn to each others' criminal knowledge in a prison. I accept that some are going to possibly annoy me as much as I will probably and inevitably annoy them with my own style of posting...but ultimately I would appreciate this site more if it cut out the fat and were less repetitive and had more creativity. I get bored easily with the 23 daily repitions. Props to Derek Johnson for moderating this site...I wouldn't want that job.I suspect one day hell get very tired of doing it, especially with the repeated stuff.
    Shitskin, you facebook. By itself shows what a pussy you are. Dont let the gate hit you in the back of your cunt on the way out:)
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,490 Standard Supporter

Dardanus said:

Most analysis right now is just speculation. How many different ways can we argue about whether Lenius will be a productive receiver? Until we have more information (August), there's not a whole lot of analysis to be done, even by the moast INTELLIGENT of us.

This forum is what happens when 20+ trolls meet. I get really fucking irritated with some of the repetitive jokes here...it's not funny IMO. I yawn.. That said, I post on some various facebook boards and typically become one of the dominant-asshole-trolls myself on many of those boards, out of boredom. I probably get called an asshole at least once a week on at least one of those. Ive realized that I am an arrogant prick. There are a lot of narcissistic trolls here on this site, myself included....perhaps we are just naturally drawn to one another...sort of like how inmates are drawn to each others' criminal knowledge in a prison. I accept that some are going to possibly annoy me as much as I will probably and inevitably annoy them with my own style of posting...but ultimately I would appreciate this site more if it cut out the fat and were less repetitive and had more creativity. I get bored easily with the 23 daily repitions. Props to Derek Johnson for moderating this site...I wouldn't want that job.I suspect one day hell get very tired of doing it, especially with the repeated stuff.
    Shitskin, you facebook. By itself shows what a pussy you are. Dont let the gate hit you in the back of your cunt on the way out:)
    Hence why people are leaving this board. People like you that contribute absolutely nothing, and just post shit like this.

You might disagree with me, but nobody can doubt that I speak my mind. I don't need an imaginary "friend" to speak for me.

the inside jokes are probably the biggest challenge for many who come over here. to DJ's point (I call him DJ... I like to do that), after the Stanford game the board was full of actual football discourse. as the Black Out program that Pool Boy built like a phoenix from a pile of purple and gold ashes flies back up to the altitude of a Duck for the annual clownstomp, then yes people get frustrated and need to remind each other that programs like Oregon can have 3 coaches in 6 years yet be in the national conversation while we seem to need a guy for at least 6 years to be given a chance to develop consistency... oh, and that guy was actually called out by our non-resident big data sage indirectly with reference to coaching probabilities by year 3 (Hi Hugh!)... anyways, this post is now officially TL;DR so I forgot what I was talking about.

Oregon can win with 3 different coaches because they have talent on the roster and each head coach recruited 5 Olinemen, 5 d-linemen and a d-1qb every fucking year. Oh, and they really care about winning.

If Sark recruited just ONE qb in 5 years, and 5 quality olinemen every year, Petersen would have been in a new-years 6 bowl and everybody here would have been worrying about Pete bolting to Florida or San Francisco after last season. Now fuck off

the inside jokes are probably the biggest challenge for many who come over here. to DJ's point (I call him DJ... I like to do that), after the Stanford game the board was full of actual football discourse. as the Black Out program that Pool Boy built like a phoenix from a pile of purple and gold ashes flies back up to the altitude of a Duck for the annual clownstomp, then yes people get frustrated and need to remind each other that programs like Oregon can have 3 coaches in 6 years yet be in the national conversation while we seem to need a guy for at least 6 years to be given a chance to develop consistency... oh, and that guy was actually called out by our non-resident big data sage indirectly with reference to coaching probabilities by year 3 (Hi Hugh!)... anyways, this post is now officially TL;DR so I forgot what I was talking about.

Oregon can win with 3 different coaches because they have talent on the roster and each head coach recruited 5 Olinemen, 5 d-linemen and a d-1qb every fucking year. Oh, and they really care about winning.

If Sark recruited just ONE qb in 5 years, and 5 quality olinemen every year, Petersen would have been in a new-years 6 bowl and everybody here would have been worrying about Pete bolting to Florida or San Francisco after last season. Now fuck off
    Well thoought out poast. I would like to add I think one of the biggest problems is people really do take the internet too seriously. If someone tells your to DIAF on a message board do you really give a shit? Why? It is something that is so stupid to say I don't understand why someone would take offense to it. If anything the person saying it looks stupid and thats the joke.

As far as football discussion goes I find it hard to generate a bunch of it since we still have the same brand of mediocre football we did 3 years ago after the first 7-6. We beat up scrubs, lose to elite programs, pinch out one surprise victory every year, shit the bed against a team we should have killed, suck on the road, and end up 7-6.

Sark hasn't done anything to show us things really are looking up to where talking X's and O's is fun again. If the Huskies were really a top 10 team this year I would think this place would be much more active with overall football discussion. However, there are only so many times you can say Bishop Sankey is elite, Keith Price is undervalued, and our defense is better than it use to be but still just ok.

tl;dr kick off your shoes, relax, and try and have some fun poasting. If you can't stand what someone posts then ignore them. The internet can be a lot of fun if you learn how to seperate it from real life.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club
    MisterEm said:

BRB, JO
    Meek, true?!?!?!?!!?!?

Dardanus said:

Hence why people are leaving this board. People like you that contribute absolutely nothing, and just post shit like this.

You might disagree with me, but nobody can doubt that I speak my mind. I don't need an imaginary "friend" to speak for me.
    I know and talk more about college football than any bitch here. Fact check before spouting a giner ejac
  • DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    edited June 2015

tl;dr kick off your shoes, relax, and try and have some fun poasting. If you can't stand what someone posts then ignore them. The internet can be a lot of fun if you learn how to seperate it from real life.

In other words,

GTHUALTDBRLATI

edited June 2015

ylove_sugarsteel">

Well thoought out poast. I would like to add I think one of the biggest problems is people really do take the internet too seriously. If someone tells your to DIAF on a message board do you really give a shit? Why? It is something that is so stupid to say I don't understand why someone would take offense to it. If anything the person saying it looks stupid and thats the joke.

As far as football discussion goes I find it hard to generate a bunch of it since we still have the same brand of mediocre football we did 3 years ago after the first 7-6. We beat up scrubs, lose to elite programs, pinch out one surprise victory every year, shit the bed against a team we should have killed, suck on the road, and end up 7-6.

Sark hasn't done anything to show us things really are looking up to where talking X's and O's is fun again. If the Huskies were really a top 10 team this year I would think this place would be much more active with overall football discussion. However, there are only so many times you can say Bishop Sankey is elite, Keith Price is undervalued, and our defense is better than it use to be but still just ok.

Splitskin,
    WTF are you talking about? Just concentrate on 1. Being funny and 2. Being knowledgeable about husky football. Currently you fail miserably at both. Those 2 components are kinda what makes this place roll. Again, you-gate-ass-out motherfucker
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,568 Founders Club
    edited June 2015

Honestly a few days ago I was all set to send Derek $7.11 or so and a note saying I was basically out until late August, but it's like I can't quit this place.

It's 60% idiotic revenge of the nerds and 40% funny...maybe vice versa on a good day.

Plus Puppy is always good for the laffs.

So let me get this straight... If you had left until August you were going to donate something. But because you've decided to stay and use the site everyday, you're not donating anything.

I already donated last summer A semi-unexpected expense come up, but I'll give what I can. I appreciate the bored, but not 100% of the posts.

edited June 2015

Splitskin,
    WTF are you talking about? Just concentrate on 1. Being funny and 2. Being knowledgeable about husky football. Currently you fail miserably at both. Those 2 components are kinda what makes this place roll. Again, you-gate-ass-out motherfucker
    Did DJ let you know how to contribute $$ to the site? Or are you and the mystery PM'er complaining about free beer in the middle of the store?
    Hee hee. The analogies are so powerful
  • BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    edited June 2015

ylove_sugarsteel">

DIAF, PL_SS

The Athletic Department doesn't give a flying fuck what fans think of the program.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,020 Founders Club

Puppy:Cockus::Glove:Hand