Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What record would it take to get Sark canned?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    I think 5-7 he'd be fired. I believe 6 to 7 wins he'd finally be on the "hot seat" and even though I don't know how hot it would be as long as he keeps taking the Huskies to crap bowl games I think the administration is happy.

I also think if ticket sales are hurting I could see more pressure on Sark but sadly I think 7 wins he stays. I think 8 wins he gets an extension and 9 wins Doogs will start building their statue of him.
    dnc said:

What should happen:

8-4. Not good enough. Must improve.
    7-6. Super hot seat. You get one more year.
    Anything less, fired.

Unfortunately it would probably take 4-8 to get him fired

I'd fire him for 8-5 or worse, extend him a couple years for 9-4, and wave goodbye to him for a better job while I got a better coach if he somehow pulled 10+ wins out of his ass.

Of course, I'd have already fired him after the 2011 season and again after the 2012 season, because I care about football.

The reality is that we're stuck hoping that Sark either fires himself or promotes himself out of the job. Until that happens, lather, rinse, repeat.
    There is no "better job" that's coming for him after one good season.
    There are plenty of fucktarded NFL teams and that would be our best bet.
  • CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

What should happen:

Anything less, fired.

I'd fire him for 8-5 or worse, extend him a couple years for 9-4, and wave goodbye to him for a better job while I got a better coach if he somehow pulled 10+ wins out of his ass.

Of course, I'd have already fired him after the 2011 season and again after the 2012 season, because I care about football.

The reality is that we're stuck hoping that Sark either fires himself or promotes himself out of the job. Until that happens, lather, rinse, repeat.
    There is only one team called the Buffalo Bills.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650

dnc said:

dnc said:

4 and even Woodward would send Pool Boy (lol!) Door. Ass. Out.

I agree with you that 5 saves his job.

IMO, anything less than 8 should merit automatic termination, and 8 with more than one lana esirprus would be enough for me to pull the trigger.

Anything less than 10 wins and I'll still be looking for our next coach.

I'm surprised you think 5 wins and Sark will stay. I think he's out with a 6-6 regular season. 7-5 and he probably gets one more year.
    I hope you're right. I just don't see anything in the last decade and a half of Husky football that tells me 5 wins is a fireable offense. Now, if some Joey's waitress comes forward and says he grabbed her ass without her consent, he could win an NC and still be DAO.

I guess that settles it. We are going to have to pay off a Joey's waitress. I may be putting too much stock in it, but Woodward in the Seattle Times chat made it pretty clear he expected improvement.

If we are going with this ploy, we should take out Woodward too.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,527 Founders Club

dnc said:

What should happen:

Anything less, fired.

Raiders (Lame Kitten, Cable..Idaho coach and wife beater), Bills like CWD said. they haven't given a fuck about winning for 20 years, Browns, Jacksonville

dnc said:

What should happen:

Anything less, fired.

There is only one team called the Buffalo Bills.
    That was the fucktarded team I had in mind. Although Cleveland is pretty fucking stupid, so are the Jags, Titans, Jets, and Lions.

Apologies to any of the other fucktarded teams I forgot to include.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797

Raiders (Lame Kitten, Cable..Idaho coach and wife beater), Bills like CWD said. they haven't given a fuck about winning for 20 years, Browns, Jacksonville

Recall that the Raiders already offered the job to Seven once.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,527 Founders Club
    This topic has come up a few times but I know there are a lot of new posters. I actually think a 6-6 regular season gets him fired. 7-6 with a blowout bowel loss might get him fired too. Woodward isn't the studious, wannabe Ivy Leaguer who talks non-stop about the student athlete like Turner. He does actually care about winning a little. Also, 7-6 4 years in a row will piss the Redmans, Meads, and Crocketts off quite a bit.
    How the fuck did I forget the Raiders?!! Christ.

I think 7-6 gets him fired only if they fear a major decline in season tickets next season. I think if Woodward feels the fans have turned on Sark then he'll fire Sark.

I think the pulse of the fans, big donors has some say in this. If they feel like retaining Sark won't hurt ticket prices I don't think it matters what his record is this year.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    Al Davis is dead now, y'know
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    dnc said:

What should happen:

Anything less, fired.

The Raiders will be hiring. USC should be hiring. Hell, Buffalo might be hiring too.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

What should happen:

Anything less, fired.

The Raiders will be hiring. USC should be hiring. Hell, Buffalo might be hiring too.
    No chance USC hires Sark after Kiffin. Buffalo is at least a year away from hiring a new HC. The chances are the Raiders and that's basically it. And it's debatable if that's even a better job, since he could get fired for one or two bad years there while a good season here would give him serious job security

• Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    Any chance of ringing Woodward's office (or neck) and getting an answer? I know, about as much a chance as Sark has of getting fired. The speculation is exhausting since I was done with Sark after the 2011 OSU game. He should have been tarred and feathered after the despicable loss last year at Pullman. What HC of any substance allows his starting QB to hug the other team's players at the coin toss before OT?
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    I actually think 5-7 gets him fired personally, anything above that gets him one more year.
    If it were me anything less than 9, I'm firing him
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180

I have to believe 4-8 or worse is what it will take to get him canned... the AD will come up for some excuse for giving him one more year.

You must lead a miserable and pathetic life

• HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,963
    People are smoking crack around here...no way he gets fired next year unless he goes 2-10 or worse, and even then its still 50/50 given if there were some injuries or something Sark and Pool Boy could point to in an attempt to deflect blame. This is Pool Boy we are talking about.

And lets be honest...there is no way he's going to win less than 4 games...even Ty could pull that off with this team and schedule. Sark's learning on the job and its up for debate on how much he is learning, but he's a better coach than Ty.

No chance he's leaving unless he's
    1) shit-canned due to a scandal,
    2) he wins enough he starts getting big money offers from idiot owners in the NFL or idiot boosters in the SEC or USC, or
    3) he wins 5-7 games a year for the next 3 or 4 years AND attendance starts dropping off significantly from this year (debatable if that will happen even with crappy records).

He's going to be here for a while...might as well get use to it.

-HH
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    7-6 will get him fired.

My hope, realistically speaking is that we win 9+ this season, 10+ next season and then Sark takes an NFL job. A GM would hire him as a throw-away hire. A team might need 2 years of major rebuilding and they could underpay for him. Its a good scenario for Sark. He leaves UW with the national perception that he did a great job, then after getting canned in the NFL could come back to college and get a top 20 job. If he gets fired at UW then his career as a HC is finished.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

I think 7-6 gets him fired only if they fear a major decline in season tickets next season. I think if Woodward feels the fans have turned on Sark then he'll fire Sark.

I think the pulse of the fans, big donors has some say in this. If they feel like retaining Sark won't hurt ticket prices I don't think it matters what his record is this year.

There's a lot of stupid NFL teams. A lot of these teams are family run and go to shit when the owner gets old or passes it on to inept children. I know they won't hire Sark, but the Chiefs are paying the recently fired Andy Reid 7.5 million, tying him for highest paid coach with Belichick. 7.5 million for a guy who flamed out in Philly and blew it multiple times in the playoffs.

• dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    edited August 2013

There's a lot of stupid NFL teams. A lot of these teams are family run and go to shit when the owner gets old or passes it on to inept children. I know they won't hire Sark, but the Chiefs are paying the recently fired Andy Reid 7.5 million, tying him for highest paid coach with Belichick. 7.5 million for a guy who flamed out in Philly and blew it multiple times in the playoffs.

the NFL right now has an obsession over offensive coaches, besides there are tons of shitty owners looking for dirt cheap coaches. Sark may be better than some of the shitty coaches the raiders have hired