Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What record would it take to get Sark canned?

SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
My guess is Woody would feel to much pressure not to act at 4 wins.

5-6 wins puts him on the hot to warm seat

7 wins will somehow be incremental progress but no serious extension

8 wins and Sark is here for 3 more years minimum

I am pretty sure Husky Football is dead and buried.

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
  • Dawgs4everDawgs4ever Member Posts: 170
    I have to believe 4-8 or worse is what it will take to get him canned... the AD will come up for some excuse for giving him one more year.
  • AuburndawgAuburndawg Member Posts: 362
    What should happen:

8-4. Not good enough. Must improve.
    7-6. Super hot seat. You get one more year.
    Anything less, fired.

Unfortunately it would probably take 4-8 to get him fired
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    dnc said:

4 and even Woodward would send Pool Boy (lol!) Door. Ass. Out.

I agree with you that 5 saves his job.

IMO, anything less than 8 should merit automatic termination, and 8 with more than one lana esirprus would be enough for me to pull the trigger.

Anything less than 10 wins and I'll still be looking for our next coach.

I'm surprised you think 5 wins and Sark will stay. I think he's out with a 6-6 regular season. 7-5 and he probably gets one more year.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    Like your top end. Even as much as I hate him 11-2 would buy him another year with me. 10-3 maybe. Anything less than 10 wins this year and its time to cut bait. My money is still on 4 wins or less for Pool Boy to nut up and can him.
    It's more likely we go 3-9 than 11-2.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

IMO, anything less than 8 should merit automatic termination, and 8 with more than one lana esirprus would be enough for me to pull the trigger.

I'm surprised you think 5 wins and Sark will stay. I think he's out with a 6-6 regular season. 7-5 and he probably gets one more year.
    I hope you're right. I just don't see anything in the last decade and a half of Husky football that tells me 5 wins is a fireable offense. Now, if some Joey's waitress comes forward and says he grabbed her ass without her consent, he could win an NC and still be DAO.

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    Maybe this dumb fuck will get caught with Hookers and Blow on I-5.

It's our only hope.
    dnc said:

dnc said:

I hope you're right. I just don't see anything in the last decade and a half of Husky football that tells me 5 wins is a fireable offense. Now, if some Joey's waitress comes forward and says he grabbed her ass without her consent, he could win an NC and still be DAO.

I guess that settles it. We are going to have to pay off a Joey's waitress. I may be putting too much stock in it, but Woodward in the Seattle Times chat made it pretty clear he expected improvement.

• Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,169
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

I guess that settles it. We are going to have to pay off a Joey's waitress. I may be putting too much stock in it, but Woodward in the Seattle Times chat made it pretty clear he expected improvement.

Two things:

1. I have rooted against UW one time in my life, and even then only halfheartedly. But when Marcel Reece dropped that pass in the end zone, which the Rainbow Warriors ($75,000?) picked off to seal Ty's 4-9 season, I celebrated Ty's dismissal.

Problem was, he was brought back.

Until I see a UW AD fire someone I'm just going to assume they have to fire themselves. At least Babs had the balls to fire Lambo, but that was a long time ago.

2. Woodward expects improvement like AuburnDawg expects improvement. It's obvious to anyone that UW SHOULD expect more. The question is, what happens when improvement doesn't happen? The goal posts tend to be pretty portable around here.
    I remember that game so vividly. I thought we were going to be free.
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Two things:

1. I have rooted against UW one time in my life, and even then only halfheartedly. But when Marcel Reece dropped that pass in the end zone, which the Rainbow Warriors ($75,000?) picked off to seal Ty's 4-9 season, I celebrated Ty's dismissal.

Problem was, he was brought back.

Until I see a UW AD fire someone I'm just going to assume they have to fire themselves. At least Babs had the balls to fire Lambo, but that was a long time ago.

2. Woodward expects improvement like AuburnDawg expects improvement. It's obvious to anyone that UW SHOULD expect more. The question is, what happens when improvement doesn't happen? The goal posts tend to be pretty portable around here.
    I won't count on Sark being fired until it actually happens. The goal posts could very easily be moved, and there will always be excuses for why the season was bad or why another 7-6 is actually progress.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

What should happen:

Anything less, fired.

I'd fire him for 8-5 or worse, extend him a couple years for 9-4, and wave goodbye to him for a better job while I got a better coach if he somehow pulled 10+ wins out of his ass.

Of course, I'd have already fired him after the 2011 season and again after the 2012 season, because I care about football.

The reality is that we're stuck hoping that Sark either fires himself or promotes himself out of the job. Until that happens, lather, rinse, repeat.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    Blows my mind that Sark would stay at 7-8 wins. Bellotti had crap seasons, but he aso earned extra time and goodwill.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

What should happen:

Anything less, fired.

I'd fire him for 8-5 or worse, extend him a couple years for 9-4, and wave goodbye to him for a better job while I got a better coach if he somehow pulled 10+ wins out of his ass.

Of course, I'd have already fired him after the 2011 season and again after the 2012 season, because I care about football.

The reality is that we're stuck hoping that Sark either fires himself or promotes himself out of the job. Until that happens, lather, rinse, repeat.
    There is no "better job" that's coming for him after one good season.