Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

This is the year of no excuses

124»

Comments

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

At 8 wins not only will Sark be here next year but the fucker will be extended.

That is why 8-5 is the worst possible outcome for this season.

8-5 would push me over the edge. I might take a flamethrower to IMALOSERs trailer. Either win the fucking Rose Bowl this year, or go 4-9. Either way, I want some fucking closure.

section8 said:

The day he was hired

This. Washington managed to go cheap (by refusing to pay top dollar) and overpay Sark relative to what his worth was at the same time.

I think Aubs ridiculed me for making that point at the time.

Lather, rinse, repeat.
    Extremely good, but often overlooked point.

How in the fuck do you go too cheap to get a real Coach, and yet manage to overpay for a shitty coordinator? This is why Doogfarm is calling Woody the best AD since Lude? Mind boggling shit. Seriously. My mind, it is boggled.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Dawgtona said:

So when did you career negas decide Sark needed to be fired? Just curious.

Stanford 2010

That was the first real warning sign, but he redeemed himself with the 4 game winning streak to end the year.

There were warning signs in October 2009
    I know you thought that at the time, but that team was bound to lose some close games. I do agree that ASU and UCLA games were poorly coached, but was it something to be really alarmed about? Are you alarmed by Mora and UCLA getting blown out by Cal last year? How about the UCLA bowl game?

Some mistakes had to be expected. All in all, he did fine in 2009. After that season, if you would have told even the most ardent Sark supporters that in 2013, we would be ranked 45th in the coaches poll and 3rd or 4th in the North, they would want Sark fired. That's the problem.

How many games did his coaching cost UW in 2009? 3 that I can think of: ASU, UCLA and ND.

I'll play along and say the team was 0-12 and need to learn how to win and can concede that maybe, 2-1 is a likely result against those 3 teams. Hell, I'll give you 1-2.

The point is that the Fat Armenian gave away likely UW wins and should have finished .500 or better in his first season.

It's easy to look back in hindsight and say he did a bad job in 2009. I don't disagree that there was some poor coahing done in those games, but the good outweighed the bad that season. We were competitive in almost every game that season. He also pulled in a pretty good recruiting class with 7 OL signed. Why that hasn't happened again and the fact we are only marginally better than in 2009, that's the problem. The team in 2009 had more confidence and swagger than the team last year.

It's cherry picking to pick games out of 2009 out and say it was real cause for concern. The plungers in 2010 were when I think it was reasonable to think, "okay, there's some problems with this guy and the program."Like I posted, you can do that for UCLA and Mora as well. Saban went 7-6 with a home loss to Louisiana Monroe in his first year at Alabama. Pete Carroll didn't have a great first year at USC. I understand why you think Sark fucked some things up in 2009, and he did, but I thought there were legitimate reasons to be optimistic after that season.

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Dawgtona said:

Stanford 2010

That was the first real warning sign, but he redeemed himself with the 4 game winning streak to end the year.

There were warning signs in October 2009
    I know you thought that at the time, but that team was bound to lose some close games. I do agree that ASU and UCLA games were poorly coached, but was it something to be really alarmed about? Are you alarmed by Mora and UCLA getting blown out by Cal last year? How about the UCLA bowl game?

Some mistakes had to be expected. All in all, he did fine in 2009. After that season, if you would have told even the most ardent Sark supporters that in 2013, we would be ranked 45th in the coaches poll and 3rd or 4th in the North, they would want Sark fired. That's the problem.

How many games did his coaching cost UW in 2009? 3 that I can think of: ASU, UCLA and ND.

I'll play along and say the team was 0-12 and need to learn how to win and can concede that maybe, 2-1 is a likely result against those 3 teams. Hell, I'll give you 1-2.

The point is that the Fat Armenian gave away likely UW wins and should have finished .500 or better in his first season.

It's easy to look back in hindsight and say he did a bad job in 2009. I don't disagree that there was some poor coahing done in those games, but the good outweighed the bad that season. We were competitive in almost every game that season. He also pulled in a pretty good recruiting class with 7 OL signed. Why that hasn't happened again and the fact we are only marginally better than in 2009, that's the problem. The team in 2009 had more confidence and swagger than the team last year.

It's cherry picking to pick games out of 2009 out and say it was real cause for concern. The plungers in 2010 were when I think it was reasonable to think, "okay, there's some problems with this guy and the program."Like I posted, you can do that for UCLA and Mora as well. Saban went 7-6 with a home loss to Louisiana Monroe in his first year at Alabama. Pete Carroll didn't have a great first year at USC. I understand why you think Sark fucked some things up in 2009, and he did, but I thought there were legitimate reasons to be optimistic after that season.

I thought progress was made in 2009 and was more optimistic after 2010. After that, not so much.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Swaye said:

8-5 would push me over the edge. I might take a flamethrower to IMALOSERs trailer. Either win the fucking Rose Bowl this year, or go 0-12. Either way, I want some fucking closure.
  • Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    edited August 2013
    OR St in 2011. I've been a foaming at the mouth total Shark, Sark (whatever his name is) hater since the Almao Bowl. I love Husky Football....to love the Dawgs is to hate Cream Puff.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    Swaye said:

8-5 would push me over the edge. I might take a flamethrower to IMALOSERs trailer. Either win the fucking Rose Bowl this year, or go 4-9. Either way, I want some fucking closure.
    He's going 8-5. Sark is the type of coach who will do just enough to keep his job but not enough to actually accomplish anything.

If UW had a real AD he would have been fired immediately after the apple cup last year and publicly put on the hot seat after the Alamo loss.

He certainly wouldn't be in a position to be extended at 8-5.

UW loves losers, if a coach doesn't fire himself he doesn't get fired. Lambo was the last coach who was truly fired, after that they all fired themselves(although it didn't have to be that way with Rick).
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    edited August 2013

Swaye said:

He's going 8-5. Sark is the type of coach who will do just enough to keep his job but not enough to actually accomplish anything.

If UW had a real AD he would have been fired immediately after the apple cup last year and publicly put on the hot seat after the Alamo loss.

UW loves losers, if a coach doesn't fire himself he doesn't get fired. Lambo was the last coach who was truly fired, after that they all fired themselves(although it didn't have to be that way with Rick).
    Fixed.

Swaye said:

Sadly, you are 100 percent correct. We are all fucked.

In closing, fuck Woodward.