Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

This is the year of no excuses

My take on the Sark era so far:

Year one: good progress, but some disturbing coaching gaffes
Year two: another step forward. Blow outs were a cause for concern. Holiday Bowl win encouraging. Good recruiting class.
Year three: why are we still getting blown out? Why is the defense so gawdawful? But Price looks great, and another good recruiting class.
Year four: Wilcox, Sirmon, Tosh, awesome. Defense much better - good job Sark. Recruiting remains strong. But now the offense is a mess. Why are we running read option when Price can't run? But there were a ton of injuries and we aren't deep enough yet to sustain that. Doubts are growing, but not time to panic.

Now, Sark has the coaches he wants. He has four straight top 25 recruiting classes filling the two deeps. We are have one of the most experienced rosters in America. Six O-linemen who are in their 4th year! We have an experienced QB. We have the depth to sustain injuries.

If this team can't compete head to head with Stanford and Oregon and win at least 9 regular season games, it is 100% due to coaching. This year we find out if Sark can prepare a team to execute the fundamentals and avoid mistakes. This year we find out if he can get out of his own way when it comes to play calling. (Run the damn ball Mr. Creative Genius!).

I have never been more excited and scared at the same time for a Husky football season.

Comments

• AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    I have all the screenshots I need.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,490 Swaye's Wigwam
  • Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    Nice to see you here.

Unlike you, I have never been less excited although I am fearfull. At best, this sorry operation run by a frat boy in over his head is 8 - 4. The fear is Woody will give him a 5 year extension for this sorry performance. The talent may be there, but an undisciplined, soft, unmotivated, underdeveloped team, with sub par lines and a play caller that is among the worst in the country will not do well.

Four years is enough. Cream Puff has proven himself. He's a proven incompetent, below average.
  • AuburndawgAuburndawg Member Posts: 362
    5 wins
    6 wins and a bowl win
    7 wins
    Then last year happened. But we lost 5 starting Olinemen, 2 starting WRs, our starting TB, and our best DE. I still saw evidence of bad coaching, but I am willing to see what he gets done now.
  • fadawgfadawg Member Posts: 7
    Well said Auburn! I'm with you on never being more excited and scared at the same time.....

For me, Sark needs nine wins regular-season, no blow out losses, AND a bowl win......10 wins total. I add the bowl win as a requirement because with 9 regular season wins, we will be in a bowl game and match up that we should also win. Sark has had two straight sub-par bowl performances so this year he needs to get it done in the post-season as well.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,520 Founders Club
    edited August 2013
    The whole depth thing is b.s. to a point. Ty always had top 40 recruiting classes. A good coach plus a good strength coach could weed out the sissies and get everything on track within a couple of years. It's not like there was Big Sky talent and he had to rehaul everything. From 2011on, depth is a cop-out.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club
    Awfully warm for November
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,490 Swaye's Wigwam

Awfully warm for November

How are the fightin' T Macs lookin this year?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club
    I'm now in prime duck recruiting turf, the IE
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    "Treading water" is no longer acceptable. That was my impression of last season, before the last two debacles, after which it seemed the program was back underwater.

I was sorely disappointed with how last season ended, enough so that I didn't think I wanted to go to a game at the new Husky Stadium this season unless:

1. Sark is fired and replaced.
    2. If Sark is retained, he hires a talented OC and turns over the offensive play calling to the OC.
    3. A new starting QB. (posted last year on a different forum)

My wishes were obviously ignored, but I am excited to report I plan to be in attendance against BSU. Not because my expectations have changed, but because I am a passionate Husky with tentative hopes of better days ahead.

More than anything else, I want to see the entire team - coaches and players - ready to play, fight, and compete at their highest level at game time and for every play until the game is over. By this, we will discern whether the program has progressed beyond "treading water." If all the coaches and players bring the passion, intensity, determination, and intelligence that evoke the fondest memories of a rich football tradition at Washington, then the wins and titles will follow.

I don't want to see any more sloppy unpreparedness at game time and clueless expressions from the HC on the sidelines. Perhaps I expect too much, but we shall soon see. Since I have no ability to change things, I will give Sark the benefit of doubt, but if he hasn't risen above his former incompetence, he must be sent packing.

GO HUSKIES!

• AuburndawgAuburndawg Member Posts: 362
    I can accept the argument that Sark inherited a mess.

The 2005 and 2009 classes were non-existent. 2006 and 2007 were mediocre at best. And lets not forget that the kids who were in the program had been coached by Ty and company.

Sark took what he had and got it from awful to minor bowl status. Fair enough.

But now this program is 100% his, and his recruits are now JRs and SRs.

Time to see what he's really got.
    Dawgtona said:

10 wins minimum or Door. Ass. Out

With no more of these 20+ point ass fuckings that have become par for the course.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

Dawgtona said:

10 wins minimum or Door. Ass. Out

With no more of these 20+ point ass fuckings that have become par for the course.
    Agree. It isn't just 9 or 10 wins I want to see. I am so sick of watching us get plungered I damn near don't care anymore. If we can blow a few teams out, win a few nail biters, and keep our losses from looking like the other team has a basketball score, I might not be so pissed all the time.
  • RancidRancid Member Posts: 75

Now, Sark has the coaches he wants. He has four straight top 25 recruiting classes filling the two deeps. We are have one of the most experienced rosters in America. Six O-linemen who are in their 4th year! We have an experienced QB. We have the depth to sustain injuries.

This really is the make or break year. I feel you, bruh.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    I expect the 2013 annual followup excusing away another subpar season to Auburndawg's best effort yet.

Sark's record is already broken, yet people are hoping that he can just continue to mirror Chan Fucking Gailey's record at Georgia Tech.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I wonder how many times AuburnDawg has made this post on doogman since the season ended?

In terms of excitement, this is the least excited I have been since 2008. Sark's not getting us over the hump. Do you really think everything will magically get better because we are "experienced" and we will beat a good team on the road?
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    This should be amusing to see the evolution from week to week
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

This should be amusing to see the evolution from week to week

I say Aubbie can stay as long as he makes this his avatar