Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

This is the year of no excuses

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453

This should be amusing to see the evolution from week to week

This will be fun to bump when UW is 4-3 after having lost three straight.
  • AuburndawgAuburndawg Member Posts: 362
    So when did you career negas decide Sark needed to be fired? Just curious.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Alamo Bowel for me, but I'm more patient than most.

He showed some terrible moments his first two years especially the three game losing streak where we lost every game by 30+.

Although far as firing I was done with him after UW lost the Oregon State game in 2011. How he mishandled the QB situation and then forgot about Polk after the first quarter. Prior to that loss most of his losses were somewhat excusable given how well the other team was.

That loss wasn't. That was a bad Oregon State team that UW should have killed. He repeated that same loss the following year against WSU yet fans keep wondering if he'll turn it around and there is no way.
  • IMALOSER_IMALOSER_ Member Posts: 158

He showed some terrible moments his first two years especially the three game losing streak where we lost every game by 30+.

Although far as firing I was done with him after UW lost the Oregon State game in 2011. How he mishandled the QB situation and then forgot about Polk after the first quarter. Prior to that loss most of his losses were somewhat excusable given how well the other team was.

That loss wasn't. That was a bad Oregon State team that UW should have killed. He repeated that same loss the following year against WSU yet fans keep wondering if he'll turn it around and there is no way.
    Holy shit.......... Have you been snooping in my diary again? Plagiarism!!!!!

Throw in putting all 11 offensive players in the box on 4th and 1 and you nailed it.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited August 2013

The combo of Oregon State and the Alamo Bowl in 2011. The Oregon State game really pissed me off because by playing Montana, he showed he thought we would easily win. When Montana started fucking up, he put in Price to try and win the game. It's not a NFL preseason game. If Price was healthy enough, which he was, he should have played. At the very least, put him in at halftime. Don't wait until we are down 14 with 8 minutes to go.

The doog in him gave him one more chance last year. The LSU game sealed it. He can talk about championships all he wants. It's not going to happen, and his teams are nowhere close to that level. We are the 3rd of 4th best team in the North and a middle of the Pac team. I don't think that will ever change with him in charge.

• DawgtonaDawgtona Member Posts: 705

Stanford 2010

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Dawgtona said:

Stanford 2010

That was the first real warning sign, but he redeemed himself with the 4 game winning streak to end the year.

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,379 Founders Club

Dawgtona said:

Stanford 2010

That was the first real warning sign, but he redeemed himself with the 4 game winning streak to end the year.

There were warning signs in October 2009
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650

That OSU loss in 2011 probably cost Holt his job. It should have cost Sark his too. I was seated in the first row behind the south end of the Husky bench. It was evident before the kickoff that the team was not prepared to win, let alone compete. Vacant expressions on players' faces, especially Polk, indicated lack of confidence in the coaching staff. Stars on that team were Ty's recruits. I get that. But, a high caliber HC, which Sark is not (and may never be), takes the available talent and improves winning opportunities.

Riley at OSU is a good coach when it comes to developing the talent he has, but not so good at game time decision making.

WA should be able to draw from the best coaching talent available and already under contract. If Woodward was able to pull off the new Husky Stadium, then he should be able to hire a competent HC.

Sark must win 9 regular season gains, or be fired immediately.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

Dawgtona said:

Stanford 2010

That four game win streak was not exactly a murders row of college football titans.

The combo of Oregon State and the Alamo Bowl in 2011. The Oregon State game really pissed me off because by playing Montana, he showed he thought we would easily win. When Montana started fucking up, he put in Price to try and win the game. It's not a NFL preseason game. If Price was healthy enough, which he was, he should have played. At the very least, put him in at halftime. Don't wait until we are down 14 with 8 minutes to go.

The doog in him gave him one more chance last year. The LSU game sealed it. He can talk about championships all he wants. It's not going to happen, and his teams are nowhere close to that level. We are the 3rd of 4th best team in the North and a middle of the Pac team. I don't think that will ever change with him in charge.

He put Price in when UW was down 17 which was mind boggling. At that point you are getting blown out why put in your injured QB? That is what pissed me off.
  • DawgtonaDawgtona Member Posts: 705

Dawgtona said:

Stanford 2010

Notre Dame?

Dawgtona said:

Dawgtona said:

Stanford 2010

Notre Dame?

Notre Dame was bad but ASU loss was flashbacks to Tyrone Willingham.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Dawgtona said:

Dawgtona said:

Stanford 2010

Notre Dame?

Notre Dame was bad but ASU loss was flashbacks to Tyrone Willingham.
    ASU was the most LRR UW game of the past decade.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club
    When USC lost to Oregon State

When USC lost to Oregon State

Which time? 2006 or 2008?
  • santanasantana Member Posts: 75
    It looks as if we have reached the make or break year

But shit happens, if there's an injury.. and we get 7-8 wins, we have to push the make or break to next year
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    santana said:

It looks as if we have reached the make or break year

But shit happens, if there's an injury.. and we get 7-8 wins, we have to push the make or break to next year 2017

More crisp.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650

He put Price in when UW was down 17 which was mind boggling. At that point you are getting blown out why put in your injured QB? That is what pissed me off.
    That game was fucked up from the get go. Nick Montana's debut should have been a rout, but he was never able to establish rhythm and gain confidence. If ASJ had caught that pass when he was wide open down the Huskies sideline, the outcome may have been very different. Then again, Holt may not have been canned. Shudder the thought.