Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Post Your 2015 W-L Predictions

124»

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

The Pac 12 seems pretty wide open. UW will be a flawed, average team. The question is if they can maximize the mediocrity to 8-10 wins (like Arizona last year) or if they win 5-7.

You really feel that this team is average? I see an horrible offense and probably an average defense. Am I missing something or is the rest of the conference really that bad. We lost a lot of talent.
    The conference is going to be down this year. New quarterbacks everywhere except for USC, Arizona, and Cal
    That implies that the departing quarterbacks were good.
    Mariota was a once in a generation quarterback for Oregon

Hundley I never liked, but was very good for what UCLA wanted him to do

Everybody else was either average or slightly below, but most new quarterbacks do have a transition period in their first year. This is very evident especially in the OOC because it's their first live action as a collegiate player. Since conference strength is largely determined in week 3-4 after 90% of the OOC has been played, I feel the PAC 12 will be seen as weak because of the lack of experience at quarterback.

For example, Oregon beats Sparty and Stanford beats ND if they have the same quarterback play as last year. With new quarterbacks, I doubt it. Oregon won't get spanked, but they aren't winning in East Lansing without Mariota. Stanford I think will struggle as well for a while, at least on the offensive side of the ball.
    I learned a couple months ago that beating up on a bunch of Mountain West cripples during bowl season is the only way to determine conference strength.

Oregon lost a great quarterback. The rest did not.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

The Pac 12 seems pretty wide open. UW will be a flawed, average team. The question is if they can maximize the mediocrity to 8-10 wins (like Arizona last year) or if they win 5-7.

You really feel that this team is average? I see an horrible offense and probably an average defense. Am I missing something or is the rest of the conference really that bad. We lost a lot of talent.
    The conference is going to be down this year. New quarterbacks everywhere except for USC, Arizona, and Cal

Everybody else was either average or slightly below, but most new quarterbacks do have a transition period in their first year. This is very evident especially in the OOC because it's their first live action as a collegiate player. Since conference strength is largely determined in week 3-4 after 90% of the OOC has been played, I feel the PAC 12 will be seen as weak because of the lack of experience at quarterback.

For example, Oregon beats Sparty and Stanford beats ND if they have the same quarterback play as last year. With new quarterbacks, I doubt it. Oregon won't get spanked, but they aren't winning in East Lansing without Mariota. Stanford I think will struggle as well for a while, at least on the offensive side of the ball.
    I learned a couple months ago that beating up on a bunch of Mountain West cripples during bowl season is the only way to determine conference strength.

That is a good point. Our bowl schedule will always make the conference look "tuff", unless of course you are unlucky enough to draw Colorado St. in December.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,474
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I wouldn't call Mannion or Halliday great, but for Oregon State and Wazzu, they're the best they've had in a decade, if not longer.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

I wouldn't call Mannion or Halliday great, but for Oregon State and Wazzu, they're the best they've had in a decade, if not longer.
    Halliday wasn't even WSU's best QB last year.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'll buy that. Beat their real rival with Falk, got up on ASU early at ASU and then Leach fucked it up (or something like that, was loaded at the time). Then in the AC his receivers did have some key drops that otherwise would have made the game competetive.
  • Options
    Cuogar_GoldCuogar_Gold Member Posts: 360
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes

This guy "gets it".
  • Options
    d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment