Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Post Your 2015 W-L Predictions

Comments

• Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    phineas said:

Sept. 4 – at Boise State (Fri.) -- L 20-23
    Sept. 12 – Sacramento State -- W 38-30
    Sept. 19 – Utah State -- W 52-17
    Sept. 26 – California -- W 48-47
    Oct. 8 – at USC (Thu.) -- W 14-10
    Oct. 17 – Oregon -- L 20-49
    Oct. 24 – at Stanford -- L 17-24
    Oct. 31 – Arizona -- L 24-40
    Nov. 7 – Utah -- L 20-21
    Nov. 14 – at Arizona State -- L 12-52
    Nov. 21 – at Oregon State -- W 52-16
    Nov. 27 – Washington State (Fri.) -- W 32-28 (We are back!)

We're going bowling boys!!!!!!!!!!!

I think both Utah and Arizona may take steps back. Utah had all that coaching turnover on the defense and lost their good edge rushers, plus their offense is still shit. Arizona was really fortunate last year to beat Cal and UW, and it sounds like Rich Rod and Solomon are having problems this offseason. Az also lost 6 starters on defense.

I could see Cal surprising people. Goff is a good QB, they still got several good WRs and Lasco is a top5 P12 back. Their defense is shit and their schedule is brutal, but I think they'll be dangerous in shootouts and possibly pull of a big upset somewhere, hopefully against sarky-tits.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Good chit @BallSacked.

I agree on Cal, Arizona and Utah. I also think ASU won't be as good as projected.

Stanford looked like a different team at the end of the season. I know they lost guys on defense but they could be a real contender.
  • Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    10-2...take that to the bank. Shipoopi
  • Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    In all seriousness, I agree w/ a likelihood 7 or 8 wins

But the upward trajectory into 2016 and beyond? Bham!!!

Reminds me somewhat of 1999 going into 2000
  • Options

Good chit @BallSacked.

I agree on Cal, Arizona and Utah. I also think ASU won't be as good as projected.

Stanford looked like a different team at the end of the season. I know they lost guys on defense but they could be a real contender.

Yeah I think Stanford wins the North, but Oregon will be right there.

In the south, I could see each of the Az/LA schools going on a run and winning it or being a so-so 7-5 squad, I'm going to be a homer and pick my Bruins to win it. They have the fewest questions and easiest schedule, but having a true Frosh at QB not ideal. Obv.

Agree on ASU. I think Bercovici will be solid, but they were truly dangerous offensively with all the option things that Kelly did at QB. That's not Bercos game. He's more of a pocket passer.

I don't think any Pac12 team threatens for a playoff spot. I also think the Conf takes it in the teeth out of conference:
    ASU vs A&M in Houston
    Oregon vs Sparty
    Stanford/SC vs ND
    Cal going to Texas
    Beavs & Utes take on Harbaugh

I anticipate the league goes sub .500 in those games. May only be favored in about 2 or 3 out of those 7 games. Sven FagJ and Barrack Obannon will be insufferable with P12 hate this year. Cook it.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think Bercovici will end up being one of the more overrated players in the conference. He should have thrown 4 picks when he came in against Arizona.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I dont care how good or bad cal and asu and stanford and utah will be. All that matters is whether or not uw can beat them. Im not getting my hopes up. Prove it, basically. I hope im wrong and we go undefeated and beat teams so bad kids are dropping out of school the next day. But im just gonna need to see it happen. Petersen has rope but after what, 15 years of shit, uw needs to prove they care about winning. IMO.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

The Pac 12 seems pretty wide open. UW will be a flawed, average team. The question is if they can maximize the mediocrity to 8-10 wins (like Arizona last year) or if they win 5-7.

Awesomed for "maximize the mediocrity" phrase lol
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Gladstone said:

The Pac 12 seems pretty wide open. UW will be a flawed, average team. The question is if they can maximize the mediocrity to 8-10 wins (like Arizona last year) or if they win 5-7.

This is exactly right. I've been thinking that there is no reason Petersen can't do what Rich Rod did at Arizona. He didn't have a proven QB and lost Kadeem Carey. Their D in 2013 was middle of the conference. Yet they managed to win the south and go 10-4. And they've been top 26 in SRS three years in a row. Recall the year before they had Denker at QB who was terrible to begin with but improved during the second half of the season.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Fuck it...I'll play

Sept. 4 – at Boise State (Fri.) -- L
    Sept. 12 – Sacramento State -- W
    Sept. 19 – Utah State -- W
    Sept. 26 – California -- W
    Oct. 8 – at USC (Thu.) -- L
    Oct. 17 – Oregon -- L
    Oct. 24 – at Stanford -- L
    Oct. 31 – Arizona -- W
    Nov. 7 – Utah -- W
    Nov. 14 – at Arizona State -- L
    Nov. 21 – at Oregon State -- W
    Nov. 27 – Washington State (Fri.) -- W

No way do I see this team winning at Boise, SC, Stanford or ASU.

Arizona and Utah both could easily come in to Seattle and get a W especially AZ coming off 3 beatings.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Good chit @BallSacked.

Yeah I think Stanford wins the North, but Oregon will be right there.

In the south, I could see each of the Az/LA schools going on a run and winning it or being a so-so 7-5 squad, I'm going to be a homer and pick my Bruins to win it. They have the fewest questions and easiest schedule, but having a true Frosh at QB not ideal. Obv.

Agree on ASU. I think Bercovici will be solid, but they were truly dangerous offensively with all the option things that Kelly did at QB. That's not Bercos game. He's more of a pocket passer.

I don't think any Pac12 team threatens for a playoff spot. I also think the Conf takes it in the teeth out of conference:
    ASU vs A&M in Houston
    Oregon vs Sparty
    Stanford/SC vs ND
    Cal going to Texas
    Beavs & Utes take on Harbaugh

I anticipate the league goes sub .500 in those games. May only be favored in about 2 or 3 out of those 7 games. Sven FagJ and Barrack Obannon will be insufferable with P12 hate this year. Cook it.

If Stanford wins the North, four other coaches in the North should be fired.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

If the shoe fits, wear it.
  • Options

Gladstone said:

This is exactly right. I've been thinking that there is no reason Petersen can't do what Rich Rod did at Arizona. He didn't have a proven QB and lost Kadeem Carey. Their D in 2013 was middle of the conference. Yet they managed to win the south and go 10-4. And they've been top 26 in SRS three years in a row. Recall the year before they had Denker at QB who was terrible to begin with but improved during the second half of the season.
    Rich Rod was very lucky last year. Az was a Hail Mary and @TheChart away from 8-4.
  • Options

Gladstone said:

Rich Rod was very lucky last year. Az was a Hail Mary and @TheChart away from 8-4.
    Because Arizona won the South, four other coaches in the South should have been fired last year.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,568
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    9-3: losses to Oregon, ASU, and USC.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

You really feel that this team is average? I see an horrible offense and probably an average defense. Am I missing something or is the rest of the conference really that bad. We lost a lot of talent.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

You really feel that this team is average? I see an horrible offense and probably an average defense. Am I missing something or is the rest of the conference really that bad. We lost a lot of talent.
    The conference is going to be down this year. New quarterbacks everywhere except for USC, Arizona, and Cal
  • Options

The conference is going to be down this year. New quarterbacks everywhere except for USC, Arizona, and Cal
    That implies that the departing quarterbacks were good.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

That implies that the departing quarterbacks were good.
    Mariota was a once in a generation quarterback for Oregon

Hundley I never liked, but was very good for what UCLA wanted him to do

Everybody else was either average or slightly below, but most new quarterbacks do have a transition period in their first year. This is very evident especially in the OOC because it's their first live action as a collegiate player. Since conference strength is largely determined in week 3-4 after 90% of the OOC has been played, I feel the PAC 12 will be seen as weak because of the lack of experience at quarterback.

For example, Oregon beats Sparty and Stanford beats ND if they have the same quarterback play as last year. With new quarterbacks, I doubt it. Oregon won't get spanked, but they aren't winning in East Lansing without Mariota. Stanford I think will struggle as well for a while, at least on the offensive side of the ball.