Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jacob Eason

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    For those who remember, is this anything like the Luke Huard to Carolina thing? Or did he suck and not matter.
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    In as the Eason turns, today's ESPN article lends itself to lots of anti Peterson speculation.

Eason is the No. 1-ranked quarterback in the country, and despite being committed to Georgia for nearly a year, teams are still recruiting him. The No. 8 overall prospect says he understands it’s part of the experience, and though he is 100 percent committed to the Dawgs, he doesn’t want to burn any bridges, either.

"I’m not sick of it, it’s always going to happen. I know it’s a part of the process and I don’t want to close any doors, because what if that coach is hired and you’re stuck there if you didn’t treat them well?" he said. "They’re still recruiting me, and mostly now it’s saying they know I’m committed and that they would always let me come there if I were to change my mind. UCLA is still there. Cal, Notre Dame -- all the schools are still recruiting hard."
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Is this really all because he's butthurt about Petersen not offering him right away? He didn't even namedrop UW which is a slap.
  • BabsGilbyTawdTyBabsGilbyTawdTy Member Posts: 1,058
    No reason for Peterson to back off 7 months before signing day. Just keep amping up the pressure ...
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    IMO, barring Richt finally having a dumpster fire of a season and getting fired giving rise to the 1% chance that Eason may be open to going somewhere other than Georgia, any recruiting effort being put into him at this point is a waste of resources.

Kid clearly wants to go elsewhere ...

Petersen probably fucked it up a bit and has learned some lessons from it ...

Eason probably is a little too butthurt about how Petersen fucked it up ... but whatever.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    I'm guessing Eason will enroll in January.

Seriously, he's not interested in UW and hasn't been for a long time now. We have no shot.

Our best hope.

I love Paul Johnson and love his offense even more. Whenever I see them on TV I always stop and watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv4Y_FBxD1U

Suck on that SECtards. Imagine if we hired him in 2007 or 2008, ugh. Or even earlier.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Gladstone said:

Our best hope.

I love Paul Johnson and love his offense even more. Whenever I see them on TV I always stop and watch.

Suck on that SECtards. Imagine if we hired him in 2007 or 2008, ugh. Or even earlier.

Johnson is a solid coach and the option is fun to watch when it works, but he had 4 shitty seasons before last year (6-7, 8-5, 7-7, 7-6) and a 2-5 bowl record at GT.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

I'm guessing Eason will enroll in January.

Seriously, he's not interested in UW and hasn't been for a long time now. We have no shot.

WDWHA
  • SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,450

http://www.utrsportsmedia.com/jacob-eason-2/

How did this kid get out of the Huskies grasp?
    Some have him rated No 1 QB in the nation. The state of Washington has more talent than people think. We were covering the Las Vegas National tournament last week and Washington had 2 teams finish in the top 8. Jacob Eason team and Taylor Bartons club represented the Northwest very well.

Well, here's what I've heard. Our previous staff (Sark & co.) were really tight with Eason. They even hung out on the weekends and chilled together. Eason was drawn to the fact that they were really excitable guys and he liked how they would put on husky helmets and woof at each other. He loved to hear Sark's stories about his "wild and crazy days" back in college and how he's still living up to that old standard, even if he's a bit older. When Sark left, Eason was devastated. Even worse, the new UW coach (Petersen) wanted to see him throw before offering him. When Petersen finally met with Eason, Eason laughed in his face. He was a total church school fuddy-duddy old man who talked about "culture" and "OKG" and gay shit like that. He didn't even call him his bro once.

A week later, Eason committed to Georgia stating stating publicly that he would not go to UW unless his bro Sark was there and that his commitment to Georgia should be taken as a slap in the face to Petersen for mishandling his recruitment. He also stated that he hoped Petersen would "learn and adjust" to big boy Pac-12 recruiting because he's not in the WAC anymore.

I have a very good source on this so don't twist ;)
    I know this is old but that's the funniest chit I've read on this bored all summer.
  • BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279

Gladstone said:

Our best hope.

Johnson is a solid coach and the option is fun to watch when it works, but he had 4 shitty seasons before last year (6-7, 8-5, 7-7, 7-6) and a 2-5 bowl record at GT.
    Running the wishbone? Maybe a good choice at a nerd factory in the middle of SEC country, but probably not ideal at UW. It would have a negative impact on recruiting that would only be made up by exceptional execution.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

Gladstone said:

Our best hope.

Running the wishbone? Maybe a good choice at a nerd factory in the middle of SEC country, but probably not ideal at UW. It would have a negative impact on recruiting that would only be made up by exceptional execution.
    PJ's problem at UW would have been because he's had a pretty poor defense most of his tenure.
    I'd take subpar WR and passing QB recruiting for a team that lines up and runs the fucking ball down your goddamned throat night in night out. The last time I really enjoyed UW offense was going option with Tui in 2000.