Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jacob Eason

Comments

• BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    Tequilla said:

I appreciate that you singled out the CPAs but left the MBAs and CFAs of the world out of that

Is there a difference?
  • CPA_DawgCPA_Dawg Member Posts: 29
    edited March 2015

CPA_Dawg said:

His Twitter page seems really into Jesus, country music, and country life. Maybe it's a lifestyle thing?

I understand wanting to play in the SEC, but Georgia? Such an odd pairing for someone a clear across the country. Not exactly a QB friendly offense through the years.

Athens and Georgia in general have some beautiful women and he's 17, we will see if it holds but I would rather be a QB at UGA than 81% of the schools on the west coast.
    If a top notch QB chooses a school for women, it's probably because he has no game with the ladies and likely sucks at football too.

Women as a college decision point probably makes sense to nerds and dorks and CPAs, but to a 5* QB it's probably way down the list.
    No shit Sherlock, are you now going to tell me water is wet? I didn't exactly say it was a smart move but it's pretty easy to see a kid at 16/17 roaming around Uga get happy feet and commit...it's not like he will end up there. Stay in your lane sparky...forgot the forum and removed f chop
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I hate this board when it comes to Eason. Some of you have such a hatred for Kim that you aren't seeing the situation clearly.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Tequilla said:

I appreciate that you singled out the CPAs but left the MBAs and CFAs of the world out of that

Is there a difference?
    Significant
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

I hate this board when it comes to Eason. Some of you have such a hatred for Kim that you aren't seeing the situation clearly.

What are people not seeing clearly?

I see a kid that got the opportunity to go play for a SEC school, a higher tier one at that, with at worst fringe national championship aspirations. At the same time, he's been gifted into a situation where he's likely to be handed the job without a ton of work. It's a great situation for him. Quite possibly a better one than going to UW.

At the end of the day, I'm sure Eason is nice. But all I really care about, all that I ever care about when it comes to recruiting, is that you recruit the best class possible that fits what it is that you are trying to do as a program. If Eason's not an option. Then get the next best option.
    Tequilla said:

I see a kid that got the opportunity to go play for a SEC school, a higher tier one at that, with at worst fringe national championship aspirations. At the same time, he's been gifted into a situation where he's likely to be handed the job without a ton of work. It's a great situation for him. Quite possibly a better one than going to UW.

At the end of the day, I'm sure Eason is nice. But all I really care about, all that I ever care about when it comes to recruiting, is that you recruit the best class possible that fits what it is that you are trying to do as a program. If Eason's not an option. Then get the next best option.
    Myles Jack went to a better school and situation than UW. Same with Josh Garnett, Zach Banner, Russell, Max Browne, yadda, yadda. One standard. You have to get the elite guys from in state. Everyone here poo-poos losing Eason.
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223

Tequilla said:

Myles Jack went to a better school and situation than UW. Same with Josh Garnett, Zach Banner, Russell, Max Browne, yadda, yadda. One standard. You have to get the elite guys from in state. Everyone here poo-poos losing Eason.
    WTF does local have to do with anything? this is akin to saying romar is a good coach b/c local talent has been down. Yes, it's wonderful to have local kids and quite generally easier to get than a texas kid. That being said, it's also not paramount to a successful program to pull every elite recruit from a certain area. Eason is yet another kid who may have different dreams than some locals. Why do people think that every kid from WA wants to go to UW?

I think the reason people get all bent on eason is that recruiting sites love him, which is always problematic. Eventhough the guys who are paid $4 million a year may not think he fits into what they want to do. I find it hilarious that b/c he's local, and b/c he's some sort of scout all star that every fan is going to rip CP. CP may have whiffed on him, but if recent history says anything WA QB's are highly overrated and eason is just another guy in the mix.

People shouldn't get their manties in a bunch over it. I'd be much more bent over losing OL than a QB
    edited March 2015

Tequilla said:

WTF does local have to do with anything? this is akin to saying romar is a good coach b/c local talent has been down. Yes, it's wonderful to have local kids and quite generally easier to get than a texas kid. That being said, it's also not paramount to a successful program to pull every elite recruit from a certain area. Eason is yet another kid who may have different dreams than some locals. Why do people think that every kid from WA wants to go to UW?

I think the reason people get all bent on eason is that recruiting sites love him, which is always problematic. Eventhough the guys who are paid $4 million a year may not think he fits into what they want to do. I find it hilarious that b/c he's local, and b/c he's some sort of scout all star that every fan is going to rip CP. CP may have whiffed on him, but if recent history says anything WA QB's are highly overrated and eason is just another guy in the mix.

People shouldn't get their manties in a bunch over it. I'd be much more bent over losing OL than a QB
    Disagree with everything you wrote. The fence matters. Max Browne and Jake Heaps have nothing to do with Eason.

Petersen offered Eason and is still recruiting him. He offered too late after tons of better schools already had. That didn't sit well with Eason or his dad. It wouldn't sit well with any prospect with tons of offers. It is what it is.
    edited March 2015

Tequilla said:

Disagree with everything you wrote. The fence matters. Max Browne and Jake Heaps have nothing to do with Eason.

Petersen offered Eason and is still recruiting him. He offered too late after tons of better schools already had. That didn't sit well with Eason or his dad. It wouldn't sit well with any prospect with tons of offers. It is what it is.
    So UW offered a lot of people first. That mattered more b/c how? They still went elsewhere. I'm quite sure UW offered people like jack, garnett, browne, heaps first if not close to first.

So it only matters when it doesn't work out and we offer later, than when we offer first and they go elsewhere? We get to double fuck a coach?

So you're saying that even if CP keeps 8/10 in state, gets fink and loses eason it really matters? That's FS beyond belief

So you're saying that even if CP keeps 8/10 in state, gets fink and loses eason it really matters? That's FS beyond belief

Quit being such a simpleton. All I'm saying is it generally is a bad thing to lose the #1 QB that lives an hour away.

There are a lot of unknown variables. How good will Eason be? Are Carta-Samuels and/or Browning good?

Fink looks great, but he's also said he would prefer to stay in California. If he doesn't come to UW, it's on to plan C.

I am very happy with Petersen's recruiting. It's possible he fucked up with Eason though, and it could be a huge loss.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Tequilla said:

If you have a REAL head coach, losing a recruit doesn't fucking matter.

HTH you TBS faggots
    Says the biggest high school basketball TBSer here.
    What part of REAL coach didn't you understand?
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    I hear you Roady but you are getting too tired up about the one time we have the nation's #1 recruit as something the once again new staff is at fault for. The leadership including Woody is the problem and when you have constant change with no vision then this is what happens.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    edited March 2015
    Gosh darn vanilla forums and their poo-poo mobile browser that you can't type properly on
  • d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109
    Tequilla said:

... JD's, and ESQ's?????
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,300
    Too much gosh darn dirty language gentlemen...
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    edited March 2015
    wait... so now roaddog is claiming to be inside the confidence circle of Eason and his Dad?... and they're OK with you spewing that confidence on a message bored recruits and their parents read?

"something" smells like bullshit.bullchips